timetravel and fate.

I love stars

timetravel and fate.

hello :)

Some here believe in time travel.
If timetravel to the future is possible, than the past, the present and the future must exist at the same time. The present is the time you live in.
The past is the time that has already been and is unchangeable.
If I go to the past and do nothing the people end up doing the same thing as if I had not gone.
It's their fate to do that. But if the future exists, then it is the present the past of the future so our whole life is just fate. Because we can't change the future that already exists...

But what happens when you want to change something? Is that possible, considering your fate is fixed? Doesn't that mean any change has already happened in the past and is also fixed this way?

Alyxavior

timetravel and fate.

The interesting thing is....if a change was done in the past...would we even realize the change...because we would be living within the change, since it had already happened.

*shrug*

*inserts .02*

StarLord

timetravel and fate.

Not everything is written in concrete. The greatest gift that Spirit bestowed upon us is Free Will. Freedom to chose as we will. There are general directions that we are fated to experience, it's up to us on just how we get there. Sometimes meandering off our chosen path becomes our path.

I love stars

timetravel and fate.

We'll have a free will when the future isn't fixed.
Then it might be possible to travel to the past, but not to the future.

But where do we life in, the past of the present?

Maybe is each time, a present , and have all people a free will in their own universe? (Parallel universes) Time travel isn't possible then but you travel to a duplicate of the past, with a new present (the past is the present in the new universe). If you go to the future you go to a world with the same history. There are only people with a free will.

If time travel wasn't possible at all. If there's only a present and the memories of a past. It was easier to understand and more certainly that there's a free will.

Time has much to do with space (the dimensions). But how many dimensions are there? The string theory I've heart about has 11 dimensions. How are they called? And have they also a connection with time?

Alyxavior

timetravel and fate.

I believe that everything is connected. Everything that has been dreamed of, is being dreamed of, and will be dreamed of, is connected.

Alyxavior

timetravel and fate.

I find it enthralling to see new things show up in the news about our past....regarding ancestors and things...time line of the existence of our planet...as we move forward in a sci-fi/fantasy sort of trend...

Yet the now is what makes both the past and future happen.

Fringan

timetravel and fate.

The main thought is for time travel to be possible there has to be more then one world or universe you travel between and that you can never travel in time withing your own "timeline" (or universe). Most people agree to this because of all the paradoxes and philosophical problems it would cause to travel back within the same reality.

Actually, forward in time is easy to travel in - we do it all the time. The faster we move through space, the slower we travel through time. If you went away in a space shuttle near the speed of light and traveled in that speed for a year, when you came back you would probably not know anyone still alive due to that your space shuttle time has been so much slower than the time on earth. I don't remember the exact numbers but hundreds of years would probably have gone by back home while you were away.

whatisitgoodfor

timetravel and fate.

The theory of time that I actually subscribe to is essentially the one presented by Robert Heinlein.

People assume that there must be multiple time lines in order for time travel to exist, otherwise you would not be able to account for the paradoxes (paradoxi? what is the plural of paradox anyway) that can occur from time travel.

The whole question of going back in time and killing your father before you were born. The most subscribed to theory would state that you simply taveled to another world line and killed the man that would have been your father there, while leaving your own father alone. The theory I subscribe to would state that when you intended to kill your father, something stopped you quite apparently.

Simply put, any "changes" that you make in history are already taken into account in the future you traveled from. While these effects of yourself may not have been evident before hand, after the fact you should be able to look back and see your own thumbprint in history.

You can not go back and change anything, because you already have, and the changes that you made were already taken into account when you made the decision to go back.

The most common argument against the theory is that it emliminates the possibility of free will. Of course, the chemical nature of thought pretty much eliminates that possibility on it's own.

The only variability that could be allowed for in free will arises from quantum events, which may or may not be random. (Honestly, we don't know if they are or not, we simply know that we can't predict them and they line up nicely on a bell curve.)

iooqxpooi

timetravel and fate.

I believe that:

1)There are multiple timelines,

and

2)All of those timelines have 1 small difference in them, even smaller than 1 decision, maybe the velocity of the particle faltered for Planck's Time and came back to the same velocity, etc. All of those timelines also make up for all possible outcomes of all possible events. Everything is written in concrete because of that.

;)

Astral Vibe

timetravel and fate.

There is no such thing as fate. People think our lives are already layed out, well thats wrong. We only get one chance at something, but its up to us what we do in that one chance. Therefore fate is wrong.