Titor: It's all gone a bit quiet hasn't it?

Julio33

Titor: It's all gone a bit quiet hasn't it?

I've been busy for the last 3 months and haven't had the chance to check the internet until today. Expecting some kind of development in the whole Titor story I checked Anomalies, the official website and here but to my disappointment I found that...absolutely nothing had happened since I'd been away. A few references to black holes and microsingularities but apart from that...nothing.

I've followed this story for 3 years now and it always seemed to me that something was going on, whether it be a bit of drama, a new discovery regarding Titor, claims of debunking him or knowing who he is, or just general discussion. This seems to have dried up. Or have I missed something? We're 4 months into 2005, a critical time in our history according to Titor, I guess I just expected a bit more activity yet it seems as though people have lost interest in Titor. Anyone agree?

So, I was thinking...If the interest seems to be drying up, sales of mugs and key-rings decreasing :)grin: ), what would be the best way of creating a bit of interest again and maybe even making a bit of money again? Own up to the hoax of course. If I was behind the Titor hoax I'd be writing a book right now, detailing the why's, how's, where's of the hoax. I'd buy that book and I bet a lot of others would too, far more interesting than their effort so far, the content of which is freely available on the internet anyway. And I know my money would be going to a con-man, but a highly intelligent one at that who has provided much entertainment for the past 5 years - no mean feat I'm sure you'd agree.

This is assuming, of course, that it is a hoax. Anyway, rambled a bit there but I'd just like to know your thoughts. Is the Titor story dying? And will the hoaxer step forward soon to create interest again? Or, does anyone still believe that he is NOT a hoax?

XDrFirefly

Re: Titor: It's all gone a bit quiet hasn't it?

I don't know if I would agree it was drying up. I'd just say we are in a quiet time. I mean look, it's 2005 this is the year the war is to start, so some of us should notice if it's going to begin this year. I'd just guess people are keeping their eyes open and waiting. Also, maybe you just havent read enough post here. We talk about John Titor alot, I think he idea just get brought up in different post outside of the typical "John Titor's Truths"

Dr FF

Crosstika

Seems to be a surgence of extremist groups making the news in the past few weeks. Maybe it's nothing. If he was lying, I don't know how he knew what he did, unless he was some government nut with a lot of time on his hands.

StarLord

You can only hold up a carrot infront of the beast just so long before it gets bored with the sight. Jury is still out wether titor was several connected authors or the real mccoy...

August

Once we all agree that the author of the hoax could make millions of dollars as the author of the book, then we should ask where is this author? Does he have more self control than I thought?

sinister

those 'references' to microsingularities and black holes, to me was actually pretty huge. That is, I assume you're speaking of the recent CERN news. There was another major earthquake in the Indian Ocean, and in my opinion tensions are continuing to rise here in the states. Almost every major news event seems to further define the divisions in this country for me. All that Terri Schiavo drama did for me was highlight our country's major division. The anti-abortion conservatives and pro-choice liberals were both out in full force. The pope has recently died, which leaves the world in an even more tenuous balance right now. A good number of the political news and commentary I've seen on this board has been in the vein of our civil liberties slowly disappearing, which proves to me that there is so much going on that doesn't pop up on CNN. Big things, too. If we really are the generation that preceded Titor, and are on the verge of his future, there's no reason to think that any of us would even know it was going on. If Titor was real, he spoke after the fact, which means we really can't count on the fact that we've seen everything that's been going on. Just a thought.

CaryP

I like your thinking sinister. Good post.

Cary

tchetcha

Is the Titor story dying?

In my opinion, yes.
I've also been following the story for two years and every day there was something new. It was also a good way of keep my english sharp... But the story started to chill since, in my point of vue, the american elections. If, it had not been a clear victory, maybe something had happened. But it was clear and no one reacted.
I dont think he was a hoax but I dont believe we are in the same time line of his.

Julio33

I see where you're coming from sinister but Terry Schiavo, the Indian Ocean earthquakes, death of Pope...links to Titor's story? Sorry, but I just don't see it.

My point was more that, although there seems to be some decent discussion on this board, compared to a year ago, 6 months ago even, it's very quiet. I mean look at anomalies, for example. That used to be pretty much the centre for Titor discussion, there'd always be something going on there but I had a look earlier and it's dead. Is there a reason for this other than a general loss of interest in Titor?