Trickster's lair

Trickster

Trickster's lair

Greetings time travellers, man fools, thinkers and tinkers.

Despite of seemingly scandinavian origin and a current location of Finland, I am cosmopolitan in nature and pull strings more in USA than Europe. I have a wide contact network spanning the globe, with various professions, which might prove to be useful from time to time for any odd needs of research herein.

I have been fascinated all my life about self development, thought power, theories regarding cosmos and anything cutting edge related to sciences, alternative sciences, and alternative natural sciences. I am open minded skeptic, although my thoughts and experiences within my own psyche contradict to some degree my skepticism. I guess, that can be seen as being a biased skeptic.

I read people, and I see through people. It is my gift. I know the art of playing people like an instrument, face to face. That is part of my profession one could say. Internet is a hard medium to try and read other people and see their true motives. But, I know from my experience and thoughts how to trigger beliefs. That skill of creating and identifying illusions based on believes and hopes has channeled instead of a con act into a positive creativity.

As for this neat little growing community - My replenished interest to time travel since reading John Titor about a year ago led eventually here. Atmosphere, general open mindedness added with a healthy dose of skepticism eventually pushed me to contribute. Frequencies, resonance and noise-to-signal of any kind is perhaps my core interest in pure sciences and anomalies of any kind. Movies such as Pi, Frequency and Butterfly Effect are good thought igniters on that regard.

I have read a few books about time travel as a science, focusing more on the big picture rather than mathematics and physics in the most tedious detail. Hawkings' thoughts, string theory, chaos theory and search for the grand unified theory are familiar concepts. I have studied psychology as well as sciences related to the computer-human-mind interconnection.

The development around hacking sub cultures is my speciality and I have experience in Internet and computing technologies of a wide variety. In addition, human mind experiments, such as isolation tanks, electrochemical responses to a different sensations and theories regarding universe/mind connection are a very fascinating subject.

In personal life, my full time profession is more and more an artist and a musician. I am slowly but strongly expanding my circle of effect and already have touched deeply tens of thousands with my creations. In this outlet, however, I remain pseudonymous, as my public image would needlessly colour and misfocus anything I post toward my persona rather than the thoughts itself. There are proper times and spaces for ego and a public image, and those places are elsewhere.

However, nameless and faceless sounds of mine, might pique more curiosity instead of mere words; Thus, below are a few chosen freebies from my wide spanning production. Some are more known, some live performed and some work in progress previews. I doubt you will bump into these in their original form elsewhere, but that coverage might change due time, drastically so. Besides, weirder coincidences have happened, and I have experienced them many.

[in brackets, a known reference artist]
01 3MB, [n/a, space]
02 7MB, [fat boy slim]
03 4MB, [moby]
04 4MB, [n/a, ethnic]
05 11MB, [john cage]

Thanks for interest and enjoy.
Have a safe time travel ;)
- Trickster

CaryP

Trickster's lair

I read people, and I see through people. It is my gift. I know the art of playing people like an instrument, face to face. That is part of my profession one could say. Internet is a hard medium to try and read other people and see their true motives. But, I know from my experience and thoughts how to trigger beliefs. That skill of creating and identifying illusions based on believes and hopes has channeled instead of a con act into a positive creativity.

Trickster,

So give me your best shot there buckshot. Read them tea leaves and tell me what you see. No, it ain't face to face, but if you're as good as you say, you ought to have a real good read. BTW, don't take too long to read all my posts. Hell, I could accurately assess most of the members here if I read all their posts, assuming they have enough of them. Grateful for whatever insight you can spill forth, bubba. You don't have to be nice. I'm ususally not.

Cary

Snow

Trickster's lair

Warm Welcome to the community Trickster! >:D< Sorry I didn't beat the Chilly Welcome Wagon cajun to the door! He's a fast one . . .

I tried to give your clips a listen but it didn't work for me.

Sounds like you have some interesting experiences. Maybe you will share some of them with us. We have some fun in the chat from time to time - come read us ;) LOL.

Snow

Trickster

Trickster's lair

Originally posted by CaryP@Oct 22 2004, 07:45 PM
Trickster,

So give me your best shot there buckshot. Read them tea leaves and tell me what you see. No, it ain't face to face, but if you're as good as you say, you ought to have a real good read. BTW, don't take too long to read all my posts. Hell, I could accurately assess most of the members here if I read all their posts, assuming they have enough of them. Grateful for whatever insight you can spill forth, bubba. You don't have to be nice. I'm ususally not.

Cary

Hi, CaryP

Sure, I'll amuse you and you dodge. It is in your nature. In this kind of arenas mostly co-working and talking with a larger group of people with different point of views and knowledge leads into any sort of 'truth' of another persons psyche or motives. Say, in a case of a possible and likely time travel hoaxer.

Playing is fun.

Rather than dig into texts, posts, names of writers and interests of yours - let's amuse ourselves with the way you express yourself here. From the little peek I have read your posts in the past - I think you have perfected your way of expression to the certain level you feel very strong, witty and intelligent about yourself. Which I am sure you are to the extend you feel very confident about. You have obviously had the strong attitude of cutting the crap and getting to the cream of the crop a long time, maybe throughout your life, and have long forgotten the first motives deep inside. "I am the one who pokes and pushes, because that makes me stand out and that makes me feel very good about myself".

Most of all you hate sniveling, squirming and empty promises. You are irritated about that, which leads into spotting weaknesses we all see, but only few dare to hit with the hammer. You act that way here, because it feels natural for you, but also because you want to enhance your real life image of yourself to be more foreboding person.

Enhancing self image, and respect from other's is an addiction. You take your daily strong pill to puff yourself up. And this cycle has gone so long it has become a habit you do not notice anymore. You have adapted and accepted. Through time you have polished the skill of finding weak spots on other people's behavior into art of some kind. At least that's what you want to believe.

Smugness and straightforwardness is something you are proud of. You seem to be also positively egoist, which is a very rare trait. Most people are negative with their egoism. Don't know to what extend your image here is something you consciously or by accident have created, but you have obviously passed that phase of talking just to feel importance of sharing your thoughts on a tight community. But, your love of reading your own posts again and again, just because of the word "homeslice" and "bubba", hasn't changed. ;)

So, nothing truly different or amazing. You can slice any other person's motives into a large chunks of similar kind, because we all have pretty much two basic needs - to breed and to survive. For survival we seek acceptance, adaptation and respect. You can put the concept of respect into anything and it's gonna be close, because most of the time metalevel psychological BS is just that. But if one talks well it is more interesting that way.

So, this kind of 'analysis' I wouldn't call an analysis, just a personal point of view based on a thin layer of expression. A handle for other people to compare with their own point of views.

---

Personally, I respect people who respect themselves. And I respect outspokenness and positive selfishness. I cut the crap myself when need arises, even more face to face. Depending on the context naturally. Internet is for me, aside of being a business card, a communication arena, rather than a mirror.

---

for SFW,
Those clips are regular compressed audio files (mp3), which should play in most of the players, both in Mac and Windows. Windows Media Player or http://www.winamp.com are the most used players. You may have to right click -> save as to download them into your computer.

Mudpuppy

Trickster's lair

Trickster,

That was a very interesting and insightful analysis. Could you read me as well? Thanks in advance (I think) :)

Mudpuppy

Trickster

Trickster's lair

Don't expect this to become a daily chore of mine and this is a two minute baked egg just for the sake of curiosity. Remember I am not a people analyst or anything like that. Neither I have done this kind of straight reviewing before. Mostly I've used my 'fishing' skills for my own advantage in a creative and business chores, which are highly context based. These amusements are quickly drawn out of a handful of posts of yours in various threads, mostly the one's in time travel & other's I've followed.

I would say that the stronger person is in character, the easier you can draw a picture of him/her, but at the same time the true person and motives inside is much harder to get by. When you grow strong, you must face your weaknesses at some time. Meanwhile most individuals fall in to a 'sheep' category, which is not really interesting most of the time. Also out of the blue 'analysis' lacks progression. If you were to decipher a person it's much more worthwhile to try and do so in a case like John Titor than a random person who wants their daily amusement trip.

Totally another thing is to hand out guidelines for a person to develop themselves. I don't feel that kind of need here.

As for Mudpuppy, you are a kind of person who is harmlessly gullible, but not stupid. You are not ashamed of yourself or believes you find to be false afterwards. Maybe for a while, but not too much to let it affect your psyche. Because you have experienced that pattern so many times.

Also, either you have matured enough to rely also on your knowledge in addition to emotions and instincts or you have close one's who get your feet on the ground from time to time. You are likely a needy person who seeks healthy dominance and acceptance to feel more secure in your life. Your vivid imagination is very integral part of your daily life as it compensates lack of physical adventures.

You have the ability to make fun out of yourself among your closest friends. Something which does not extend to virtual playgrounds, because you are wary of exposing your guts too much to strangers. But when you do, you cling to external things and safe things, letting your persona drop behind.

and ditto for TheHeggy ;)
haha, would save some writing. Or, in one sentence: You are harmless. Thus not a very interesting character to dip in for progressive insights. That is likely the opposite about and around the things you do and create. You don't take yourself too seriously and you are energetic in mind and body, but not in an obsessive ways. The lacking qualities you wish to have, you fill with positive self mockery and other activities. You principally seek amusement in everything you do, but also mental quick growth. However, the lack of struggles or patience to investigate your own psyche has kept you so far an avid learner, rather than experiencer of many things. You will learn patience through time and experience.

-

Here is one principle of making an effect through 'reviewing' people and their qualities. You can bust someone's balls as long as you counterweight it something equally positive they either hope to be or are. This takes away some weapons as if they start contradicting what you say, they are in a risk of contradicting the positive qualities you've said, as well. Like saying "You are such an asshole, but I admire how you are honest about it." or "I like how your intelligence and sense of humor compensates your lack of judgment. Give me your money, quick!" :dry:

For the rest, either "ditto" or "I am a) good B) bad c) ugly"

CaryP

Trickster's lair

Trickster,

Hadn't seen your original reply to me 'til today. Your "read" of me was "fair" in that some was accurate, some not inaccurate. I'd say the same about your "read" of Mudpuppy and Heggy. Some accurate, some inaccurate. I've gotten to know them, especially Heggy, fairly well in chat. Some of what you said I didn't really understand - maybe it's just cultural differences in expressions, or I'm just not up on the lingo you operate out of. As Bill Murray said in Ghostbusters II, "I've worked with better -- but not many." Actually, if you made your "reads" from just reading a few posts of the three of us, you did better than average. BTW "homeslice" is an inside joke from chat between Heggy, me and some of the younger members here. I'd never heard of the word until a couple of weeks ago. And "bubba" - that's just my Southern dialect - comes real natural. Your conclusion that using these two words leads to

your love of reading your own posts again and again,

Dead wrong on that one. Who would do that? I do take the time to edit my posts for spelling and grammatical errors, but reading them again and again ain't something I do. Once they're posted, they're pretty much forgotten. And hell, you missed my favorite "buckshot." Again, on balance a fair job, especially if it was done from reading just a few posts. Hope you're enjoying the plantation so far there buckshot. LOL.

Cary

P.S. Where's sammy? How bout them Red Sox?! Swept the World Series against them Cardinals. Yeeha. But then again, nobody cares what I think 'cause I'm a - what was it sammy - a big, fat, horse, buckshot, old, stupid something or other. I really wish they had left your post up kid. It had me laughing for at least a day. I'm chucklin' now.

August

Trickster's lair

Hello Trickster and welcome to TTF.

I have similar interests. Have you ever studied the Enneagram? 9 personality types based on motivation rather than behavior; almost corresponds with Jung's 8 types. I am a student this system.

I can often identify a type at, lets say, a cocktail party within a few minutes of conversation. Sometimes my wife pegs someone before I do. But I must say your fondness of manipulation in reading people separates us extensively. I know other students of personality and I believe we are using such powers for self-discovery and true friendship. You however, seem to use such powers for ill. Hmmm. Renounce the powers of dark side, my friend.

/August turns to members of the forum, his tour group; Trickster is behind glass as though we are at the Museum of Natural History in Manhattan.

Notice Trickster's start to this thread everyone. His first post shows him to be egocentric, self-satisfied, reasonably articulate, and engrossed in his own self-development. He sees himself as "special" and "different" in a poetic way. As Byron would say, "Among us, but not of us". In the Enneagram system of typing, Trickster is a "4" and also referred to as "The Artist" or "The Individualist"; he also seems to have a good interest in status, more specifically a 4-3.

If we were to sit in Trickster's living space we would see that he has numerous artifacts--displayed for visitors--showing his worldliness and command of the esoteric. Trickster is proud of his creativity and this may be displayed as well.

You see, Trickster, I not only am a student of personality, but I am a 4-3 myself, though a bit healthier than you perhaps. And let me tell you something: we irritate people more than you know.

Carry on!

Trickster

Trickster's lair

CaryP, lol, the 'homeslice' one was something thrown out of a whim. Maybe it was just me who noted those two words and wanted to read your posts because of your skills in writing. I like words and wordplay.

August, you are correct in your own way. Yet I am a chameleont. And we know other people because we reflect and impose ourselves from our surroundings. Although I do not have worldly possessions or artifacts to show yet, I view aesthetics of any kind as a part of communication. Dig definition for word sprezzatura.

My persona as an artist. the things I've said and will say in public (elsewhere, as myself) are strong, but never unfair or attacking. I am selfish and unselfish at the same time. About the ill nature, I'm only saying - To progress the world, to really build something better you need to destruct the old buildings and beliefs. In other life with the qualities I have, I could be a greedy con man, now I am something quite different. Greed for life stays the same.

You need to be ill natured in a sense that you are hardcore honest about yourself.
In the past, I grew out of asshole egoism and grew that into egoistic creativity. It's part of any artists' CV really. My job is to be in front of people, my job is to fascinate and irritate people. But not such as here, where I am just following time travel and other interesting topics. But hey, this is my topic, sort of. I'm supposed to tell about myself, innit.

Why spending my quality time writing here? I feel that reflections among intelligent
aware people of any kind can be progressive and inspirational. And personalities
play quite a big part in any group. I don't think anyone can expect to truly
see through people with ease, only get momentary shots. Like a photograph
showing one single moment, not telling about the past nor future.

ah well, let's talk time travel instead. Too bad there have been mostly lame
hoaxes so far and Titor one has been boiled and served too many times. :p