U.S. used Chemical Weapons in Vietnam War: Agent Orange

Samstwitch

U.S. Hypocrites!

The news media and politicians, including Obama, keep naming two previous leaders who used Chemical Weapons, namely Hitler and Hussein, but they fail to mention that the U.S. killed 400,000 Vietnamese, and that doesn't count the thousands of American Soldiers who died from Agent Orange, which is a Chemical Weapon. Half-a-million Vietnamese children were born with birth defects from Agent Orange, as were children of American Soldiers. Up to 1 million people were disabled or have health problems due to Agent Orange.

Why doesn't anyone talk about that?

WIKIPEDIA: Agent Orange or Herbicide Orange (HO) is one of the herbicides and defoliants used by the U.S. military as part of its chemical warfare program, Operation Ranch Hand, during the Vietnam War from 1961 to 1971. Vietnam estimates 400,000 people were killed or maimed, and 500,000 children born with birth defects as a result of its use. The Red Cross of Vietnam estimates that up to 1 million people are disabled or have health problems due to Agent Orange. The United States government has dismissed these figures as unreliable and unrealistically high.

Last edited:

Khaos

where the wild things are
Well this country likes to use that "its fine as long as I do it because <insert bullshit excuse>" mentality. That isn't the only case of our government using chemical weapons. Chemical weapons have been used against our own country as well:

U.S. Admits Bio-Weapons Tests - CBS News

Samstwitch

Well this country likes to use that "its fine as long as I do it because <insert bullshit excuse>" mentality. That isn't the only case of our government using chemical weapons. Chemical weapons have been used against our own country as well:

U.S. Admits Bio-Weapons Tests - CBS News

Thanks for that info! Here is an excerpt:

The United States secretly tested chemical and biological weapons on American soil during the 1960s, newly declassified Pentagon reports show.

The tests included releasing deadly nerve agents in Alaska and spraying bacteria over Hawaii, according to the documents obtained Tuesday.

The United States also tested nerve agents in Canada and Britain in conjunction with those two countries, and biological and chemical weapons in at least two other states, Maryland and Florida.

The summaries of more than two dozen tests show that biological and chemical tests were much more widespread than the military has acknowledged previously. (Continued) U.S. Admits Bio-Weapons Tests - CBS News

Galileo

U.S. Hypocrites!

The news media and politicians, including Obama, keep naming two previous leaders who used Chemical Weapons, namely Hitler and Hussein, but they fail to mention that the U.S. killed 400,000 Vietnamese, and that doesn't count the thousands of American Soldiers who died from Agent Orange, which is a Chemical Weapon. Half-a-million Vietnamese children were born with birth defects from Agent Orange, as were children of American Soldiers. Up to 1 million people were disabled or have health problems due to Agent Orange.

Why doesn't anyone talk about that?

WIKIPEDIA: Agent Orange or Herbicide Orange (HO) is one of the herbicides and defoliants used by the U.S. military as part of its chemical warfare program, Operation Ranch Hand, during the Vietnam War from 1961 to 1971. Vietnam estimates 400,000 people were killed or maimed, and 500,000 children born with birth defects as a result of its use. The Red Cross of Vietnam estimates that up to 1 million people are disabled or have health problems due to Agent Orange. The United States government has dismissed these figures as unreliable and unrealistically high.
\\

Im pretty sure they used it to clear brush.

Night Templar

OK folks, LISTEN UP!!! I happened to be there, that little "police action" to keep South Viet Nam from being taken over by the communist North, which they did anyway. Yes, being 66 now I can reflect on what was a war, a WAR, nothing close to any damn "police action". As for those killed, and MIAs, the number cited earlier at 400,000 was just a tad short, try 500,000, killed and MIAs, about the same as that little war from 1861-1865 and there wasn't a thing "civil" about it. I was there for 4 years, 2 yrs. longer than if I had been drafted. What I did, what group of men I served with, and where we went, well, that little piece of history is buried somewhere in that 5 sided building some DA terrorists thought was a landing strip and tried to fly a plane through it. Don't talk to me about "chemical weapons", "Agent Orange", etc., because that wasn't as bad as it got it got worse than the media was allowed to even get close to, darn sure couldn't/ didn't talk to any ground crew or anybody else that put ANYTHING on a plane, bombs, rockets, etc. don't/didn't count. There was/is so much s**t that will never be know that little notes had to be signed, depending on where one went, that nothing could ever be talked about as to wwhere you went, saw, did, or you might be restricted as to where you lived, as meaning put into a federal prison as a "security risk" until who knows when got you out. Meaning a good lawyer or death. If you were never there, then don't try to talk like you or anybody else on this planet was because watching the 6:30 PM news wasn't even close to dealing not just with the enemy but about every dangerous animal God, in His wisdom decided to dump on us. Am I a tad ill about it still, you bet I am. I lost some great friends there and some that are not still not quite right today. About the only thing that will cure the misery they and families go through is the knowledge that someday it will be over and all will finally be at peace, hopefully. Either by an act of God or by an act of man.