UPDATE: Here's what happened to Mad Man Marcum and his Time Machine (Art Bell 1995)

Samstwitch

Thanks for sharing the article Samstwitch. I am curious what is the source of his jump and travel and events that followed? Did he give an interview to Nexus magazine or was it written based off of the info. someone else passed off about MMM?

Also, I wonder why he hasn't contact C2C AM again? May be his mind or memories are not feeling up to it..Who knows?

According to the writer, the interview was given to the author of the article. He personally tracked down MMM. When you read the story, you'll understand why MMM hasn't contacted C2C AM.

His time jump and the way that it was done made me think of the Philadelphia Experiment. I'm not any good with the mechanics and/or technical end of Time Travel (that's my weakness), but if I remember correctly, Tesla's work was somehow implemented in the Philadelphia experiment...and that seems to me somehow related to how MMM made his time jump. I can't elaborate more and I could be wrong, but it's something to look into. I hope you get to read the article. It's definitely worth the inexpensive price that it's being sold for.

~Sam~ :)

paralife

Ive never really kept up with time travel theory or even experiments being performed. But after reading this thread and comments, you guys keep it coming. Looks like I've found a new interest to go along with my others. Thanks.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
I checked in th members list but couldn't find anyone called mad man marcum. I'm sure someone used to visit the old forum with such a username.

It was a user who had adopted the name, but was not the actual individual. They requested a username change at some point, but I cannot remember who it was. Back in the ParanormalNetwork.net days.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Maybe we could invite Mad Man Marcum to this web site. I have had
his address and phone number for a long time, if I can still find it.

Samstwitch

Maybe we could invite Mad Man Marcum to this web site. I have had
his address and phone number for a long time, if I can still find it.

That would be fun and very interesting! I think MMM has a new phone number. Something Art said makes me think that. I can't recall exactly what it was though.

Himalayan Hermit

Finally we will hear it from horse's mouth if all the stories about him actually time travelling and losing his memory while his equipment getting stolen - are true. Since Art Bell's station is a paid one, I hope someone uploads it on to YouTube.

etonix

This still leaves the other article about the crushed man in the tube ( if it's legit). Time travel is a wacky subject and anything can happen. Maybe he traveled back in time in a future experiment and thats how he dies.

Not that I am convinced that article is real, but it is worth going out of our way to verify

Khaos

where the wild things are
If you happen to have the April 16th, 1996 edition of the Weekly World News near you, you will find said story. WWN was satire, like The Onion. They still produce WWN, but its online now, digital. I loved that weekly newspaper. Bat Boy!

Himalayan Hermit

so did anyone catch this show? what is new with Marcum? pls share. i hope someone uploads it on youtube so people like me sitting in a remote village in himalayas can listen sometime :)