UPDATE: Art Bell is back!

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Be still my heart, I think I just had a joy-gasm.

Associated Press said:
NEW YORK (AP) — Art Bell, radio's master of the paranormal and outward edges of science, will return to the microphone on Sept. 16 with a new nighttime show on Sirius XM Radio.

Bell was one of radio's top syndicated voices in the 1990s before walking away from his nightly show in 2002 due to family issues. He worked occasionally after that but hasn't been on the air since Halloween 2010.

Art Bell returning with Sirius XM show

I listened to this guy all throughout my childhood and teen-aged years, and was EXTREMELY upset when he walked away from the mic when his family issues started. I can't tell you how excited I am to hear this guy's voice every night again...

Samstwitch

art-bell.jpg

OMG, that's incredible! I'm thrilled! I LOVE Art Bell. I've never been able to listen to C2C without him (except on a few Youtube videos).

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Cosmo, for posting that great news!

Now if Frasier would only come back to TV, I would be in heaven. ;)

frasier_1109588_1.jpg

Samstwitch

"Wanna take a ride?"

Recently when I was unpacking more of my stuff here in Texas, I found a CD that a friend made me with all of Art Bell's Bumper Music, but I haven't played it yet, because I missed him sooo much! Now I'm going to play it in my Stereo. Sooo cool! :cool:

TnWatchdog

I always liked Art Bell so I'll need to listen in on XM. I have gotten use to George Noory on C2C so now will have two to listen to. Too much to do, so little time.

Samstwitch

I listened to Art's Show since 1996. Before that, I was scouring Libraries and book stores for information. Art is the best Talk-Show Radio Host I've ever heard, so entertaining and great guests! My favorite shows were interviews with Father Malachi Martin. :)

Samstwitch

I am disappointed to find out the only way to listen to Art Bell on SiriusXM is by Paid Subscription of $14.49 (plus tax) per month. I'm on a tight budget, and at this time, I will pass. Oh well. :rolleyes: