US civil war

bahli84

US civil war

Okay so I read an article about John Titor in my school's newspaper and was very intrigued. I went home, and read most of the website johntitor.com. And I was excited coz how cool would it be if he was real. However I noticed 2 things. 1) when asked if any planets had been discovered in his town, JT said none that he knew of. Sedna was discovered in 2003 I believe, either way, after 2001 when JT made his posts. Thing #2) JT says that civil war breaks out in the United States in 2004. It is currently Oct15'04. I will be surprised if a civil war breaks out in the next 2 and a half months. :flirt:

bahli84

US civil war

ok and you guys already knew he said civil war, of course, lol i should really read old posts before I put up my own. Either way. There ain't no civil war going on.. At least not yet??!!

StarLord

US civil war

Bahli84,

Good catch there, very observevent. Welcome. Don't forget, that it was His Time Line not OUR Time Line that titor was talking about.

Judge Bean

US civil war

Still time to have a civil war-- it might surprise everyone how fast it happens if it does. But Titor said that it would take a long time to get going, and would start this year with a series of "Waco-type" events.

An asteroid may hit Florida, too, and a planet might thus be discovered in Titor's town yet.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
US civil war

I agree with Paul -- A civil war is still possible. All it takes is a bunch of people grabbing their guns.

I think it'll happen if Bush wins again. He wasn't supposed to win in the first place, and winning AGAIN would only add insult to injury.

Anoah

US civil war

This election is so close that it won't matter which side "loses" as they will cry foul and demand recounts and such. People are so polarized right now and getting very nasty with one another. Democrats are from Venous and Republicans are from Mars and all of the country's problems are a result of a "vast conspiracy" perpetuated from the "other side". I could see things heating up around about election time easily.

Darkwolf

US civil war

I think he said the actual war would start in 05. I think it is plausable, we have never been so divided in my memory. (not that it extends that far) and the division does seem to be along urban rural lines. At least here in colorado, you can almost see a line. When you are in a major town, you see nothing but Kerry signs, as soon as you get a certian distance from the city, where the population thins out there are nothing but Bush signs. If we have a disputed election, which looks quite likely, people could start to get that angry.

Heres a link on the problems that are expected in Colorado. I immagine other states might have similar issues.
The Coloradoan - [url='http://www.coloradoan.com']www.coloradoan.com - Ft. Collins, CO.[/url]

Phil

Judge Bean

US civil war

Imagine the conversations going on in the White House right now as they go over the painful results of the debates, the slipping polls, the obvious incapacity of Bush to occupy the office. His lack of qualification was highlighted in contrast even for those who don't support Kerry. He was hit so hard and fast by the simple numbers thrown at him that the staged grin meant to replace the honest scowl was shattered into a quivering, puzzled grimace. He obviously doesn't think that it's fair for his position to be in question.

The reason I bring this up here instead of in the political threads is that it is suggested here now that the election, if thrown, might trigger revolution. Every hour that passes is bad news for Bush, and he has two weeks of hours to survive ahead of him. This math means bad news for the electoral process, the Constitution, and the health of the republic, because it makes Bush desperate.

Rather, it makes those around him desperate. These are now finding themselves in the Nixon mode-- and, remember, during the wildest Watergate shenanigans, Nixon was winning by a landslide by any means of prediction. Nixon jeopardized the American system and the Constitution because he wanted to be sure to win big; it was irrational. He went to extremes to protect his secret financing and the criminal deals of Kissinger. Bush's people just might go to extremes with more at stake, more to hide, more chance of losing. Well, as of today, an excellent chance of losing.

He has a couple of options for an October Surprise: more war in a new place, sensational capture of Bin Laden, getting the chance to react to a fortuitous terrorist attack on U.S. soil... all three... there is time for at least something, and the only thing that would surprise me would be for nothing to happen.

I doubt that these guys are going to give up all that power and money just because they were voted out, or might be voted out.

The reaction of the public to a rigged or thrown election, or to an October Surprise that gets out of hand or turns into a scandal, will be swift and terrible. Many Americans will be completely fed up.

Name one who won't be.

Darkwolf

US civil war

Personally, I'm a little more concerned about Kerry winning if were just talking about the Titor scenario. There haven't been any "Waco" incidents since Clinton left. However if somone like Janet Reno were to get their hands on the Patriot act, I think the consequences for citizens who don't agree with the party in power would be disasterous.
I'm not saying that it coulden't happen under Bush mind you, in fact I'm expecting things to get really ugly either way. Its clear that we are going to have larger election problems than we did last time (Notice that they had four years to fix the problem and haven't) I don't think that anyone on the losing side is going really accept the results without a really clear winner.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a clear sense that some kind of other shoe is about to drop on us.

Phil