Very Off Topic

Unintentional

Very Off Topic

I think something very negative will happen to Kerry. I am afraid to say anymore, because these are just feelings. Maybe John Doe's prediction of Bush 58 and Kerry 42 kinda stuck in my mind. Think about those numbers. Pretty much ANY democratic nominee is going to get 42%. There are 42% of Americans who will vote Democratic no matter what or who the nominee is. The nominee could be ...Ashcroft and he would get 42% running as a Democrat. The point is, I do get the feeling that something will happen and swing virtually every single one of these people who are not locked in mentally to vote for the democrat no matter what.

Chromium

Very Off Topic

Beslan happened a day or so after the first post on this thread. That was very big, and was also very terrible.

StarLord

Very Off Topic

According to the number theory people something is to hit on 9 /27. Some theory involving 911 days from the first 9/11 instance. There were allegations to occurences that happened at 311 days, 611 days also. Who knows. Perhaps they will fool everyone and strike on 9/29 where 2+9 =11, thus another 9/11

It was all interesting reading until the very end where Capt. May lets slip a major faux pas regarding "terrorists flying the airliners" where all along the post previously it points to the govt. and the cia as the real culprits, so go figure.

Suspossedly somewhere in texas?, perhaps Houston?, they are guessing a chemical plant possibly?.

Keeping up with this stuff is like chasing your next flavor at Baskin Robins 31 flavors, and the guys that make them are all multiple personality challenged.

Unintentional

Very Off Topic

I had posted that Ashcroft would get 42% vote running as a Democrat, but popularity poll came out today and it showed Ashcroft was more popular than Kerry. Very very strange.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/artic...-2004Sep13.html
John Ashcroft: 49 (2003)

Michael Dukakis: 47 (1988)

Prince Charles: 45 (2003)

\Herbert Hoover: 43 (1944)

Jesse Jackson: 38 (2003)

Vladimir Putin: 38 (2003)

John Kerry: 36 (2004)

Martha Stewart: 36 (2004)

Joseph McCarthy: 35 (1954)

Rush Limbaugh: 34 (2003)

Unintentional

Very Off Topic

Bush was not in the list in that article. Washington Post is very liberal newspaper and I suspect Bush would have been higher. The point of the article seemed to be how Kerry compares to other leaders throughout history. I just checked the Washington Post, a conservative newspaper and they say Bush's popularity is 51% vs Kerry's 44%.

CaryP

Very Off Topic

Washington Post is very liberal newspaper

I just checked the Washington Post, a conservative newspaper

Which is it?

Actually, the Washington Post is more liberal than the Washington Times. But that doesn't make the Post a "very liberal" paper.

The Washington Times is part of the empire of billionaire Rev. Sun Myung Moon. I have a hard time finding anything "reverent" about the little wiggler. The "Times" is ultra-conservative and has become the Bushco, neocon press. I wouldn't trust much coming out of the "Times" as it's more of a propaganda rag than anything. Check out "Moonie's" recent crowning as emperor of the world. The ceremony was attended by our elected whores in D.C.

Where in Washington D.C. is Sun Myung Moon?

Careful though. The above article might make you puke out of revulsion. Kadhafi from Libya was in attendance. Wasn't this guy one of our most hated enemies until very recently. Now he's getting invites to the Senate building with a bunch of our "elected officials" for a crowning ceremony for a nut job like Moon? Yeah, I got my invitation too, but I had cut my grass that weekend.

Cary

Unintentional

Very Off Topic

Originally posted by Unintentional@Sep 15 2004, 06:47 PM
Bush was not in the list in that article. Washington Post is very liberal newspaper and I suspect Bush would have been higher. The point of the article seemed to be how Kerry compares to other leaders throughout history. I just checked the Washington Post, a conservative newspaper and they say Bush's popularity is 51% vs Kerry's 44%.
I meant the Washington Post is liberal and the New York Post was conservative. My bad.

Doc Brown

Very Off Topic

I've had horrible, sneaky feelings that something horrible is going to happen that will affect me since I was a kid - not just because of all this terrorist stuff. Maybe I have a slight case of paranoia? Anyway, with all of this discussion about terrorism and wars, it only exemplifies, to me, that the fantasy world is a much better world than the real world. None of this goes on in MY world! In my world, people hang out at Cheers, then tag along with Frasier to meet Niles, Daphne, Martin and Roz at Cafe Nervosa...

This probably isn't the best solution, but I usually withdraw into my own private fantasy world as much as I can, especially when something nasty is happening. I like to bury my head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong. I know it's silly, but I'm happy in my own world.

KiraSjon

Very Off Topic

I agree with you Doc.
Reality truly is the only word that should always be used in quotes. Everything is relative and if it makes you happy then go for it! :D