visiting with my parents

CaryP

visiting with my parents

Originally posted by Phoenix@Jul 16 2004, 08:56 AM
Ok, I want to close this topic and declare it a fake.
What do you guys say?

My vote is "FAKE!" Close the sucker. Although all the latest babble has been fun. Something along the lines of the word games over in the lounge.

Cary

HackimerRob

visiting with my parents

I don't believe we can actually declare this a fake. My vote is close it, but don't declare it fake. Although I believe it to be a fake, there is a possibility he's real (the year 3000 and his grammatical problems are the main detractors from the "real" aspect) but I don't want to go branding him as a whole on the board as a fake, it may keep future real travellors away out of principle. Hey, it COULD be he came from exactly 1000 years forward. It COULD be that he just has no grasp of our english grammatical structure and was freestyle trying to make it up. Or it could be he's one of us. More'n likely I think it's the last answer, people could mask IP's all day, and we do have some savvy folk. I'm not and will not accuse anyone, but allsimsayin' is ya never know, so we can't slap a big ol "FAKE" brand right on this one, not until someone fesses up or there are logical inconsistencies in the story, which I don't believe have been presented.
In summary my stance is : close the thread, but don' bran' nobody nuthin'.
:)

Ralan

visiting with my parents

Sorry to have missed this one.

His language clearly changes over the five pages he posted on. It was much closer to standard English in his early posts.

However, he seemed like a nice guy, and when threatened with it he didn't seemed to understand that people could think he was a hoax; he just carried on, ignoring it. That could just have been another hoaxing technique of course.

It looks like a hoax to me; a better planned version of the hoax format used by vinivinivicious (or something like that?) on the old forum. But like Rob says, there's no definate evidence that John was a fake, so lock it up or whatever, but keep it in innocent until proven guilty mode in case something new crops up.

I remain mainly with my breast. Sometimes I go with a my papa.

It did not want that people were to try angry to understand my English.

I to have one prediction I to obtain my father. George Bush to gain with 58% Juan Kerry 42%. Be brave and love each one.

:D John Doe, Legend.

Judge Bean

visiting with my parents

I remain mainly with your lung. Sometimes I go with a my hunch. It did not want that people were to try angry to understand his blitherblather.

DadOf5

visiting with my parents

Ok, I'm going to close this thread for now.

John Doe, if you come back and want to post some more, please let me or one of the other mods or admin know and we'll reopen the thread.