visiting with my parents

HackimerRob

visiting with my parents

I think he means it's not as good as it could be. He goes on to flaw it for not being able to see it if he goes too far from it, or just seeing lines if he's too close. Coul TV in 3000 be some kind of always there crystal clear image?
John?

CaryP

visiting with my parents

I to have one prediction I to obtain my father. George Bush to gain with 58% Juan Kerry 42%.

Looks pretty fake to me. That would leave no votes for Ralph Nader who is currently drawing about 6% of the polls. Not to mention other smaller political parties, like the Libertarians. Unless this guy is talking about the Electoral College vote only, this prediction is a crock, and so is John Doe.

Cary

Unintentional

visiting with my parents

I thought the same thing about the prediction. We will see. In any case Bush will have to win and win 58% or something for this prediction com e true.

If John Doe is reading this and your prediction is wrong, will you fess up?

Judge Bean

visiting with my parents

Originally posted by John Doe@Jul 2 2004, 10:11 PM
... First we removed in it airplane. The machine emits chronotons until the plane is saturated. The second that the machine occurs return extinguished, the plane and everything in him the plane jumps to the time of chronotons was saturated with.

The first sentence has a displaced pronoun ("it"), in which the subject of the sentence ("we") has missed the object of the clause ("airplane") by an inadvertent equivocation. In other words, it should apparently read "First we left in an airplane," but the peculiar structure destroys the sense in a specific way. In the second sentence, however, the phrase "the plane... jumps to the time," the core sense, is perfectly expressed, showing an ability to use the English which the writer has at first feigned not to have. The plane jumps to a time, but we can't leave in it.

This discrepancy is one of many in his writing that shows a faked unfamiliarity with English. In addition, in the far future, many other changes would have occurred naturally just to the words and sentences he is trying to write here. An airplane would not be called that, but probably would be called a jet even if it had propellors. Why? Because jets would be the things that fly, not airplanes. And jet is a short, pert, excellent word. Brevity wins over time in language: proof that I am from the past?

Likewise "chronotons," a perfectly ridiculous word in both its alleged source and the quackery of its idea. Far in the future they would no longer refer to time, especially in a state-of-the-art piece of tech, in a variation of the tired old Chronos. It sounds like Jules Verne. My guess, too, is that they'd spell it with a K, and that no one would remember its original meaning well enough to transform it back to CH for our benefit.

"Machine" as a word is almost extinct now. "Saturated," much the same story I'm afraid, though you may not notice its antiquated character at this time. People now have much jazzier, more descriptive terms for such mundane technological things nowadays-- "hardware," "tech," "acquire (moisture or information)," "soak up," "internalize"...

I would have written it this way:

... Getgo were jet out of there. Tech throws Timers internal to jet-- bang we jump.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
visiting with my parents

You eloquently explained exactly what I was thinking. Great post.

I hereby formally announce my opinion of Mr. John Doe's claims:

HOAX

Judge Bean

visiting with my parents

This ought to be our official badge on a thread in which a hoaxter is verified. Giant red sign.

Is it posted at the entrance to the Grand Canyon?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
visiting with my parents

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Jul 12 2004, 11:52 AM
Is it posted at the entrance to the Grand Canyon?

Eh? LOL

I got the image from photos.com, and then changed the text on it :) I can make it say anything you like:

paul.jpg

Muahahaha

Unintentional

visiting with my parents

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&cl...10118306C214932

UFO over Durban captured on video

July 01 2004 at 11:01AM

Roshnie Naidu, of Phoenix, could not believe her eyes when she saw a huge, pulsating, colourful light in the sky. \"It looked like a massive ball of light, much brighter than the sun, with blue and purple colours filtering through. My eyes were glued to it for almost 10 minutes, it was unbelievable. I had never seen anything like it before,\" she said.

Naidu told the Daily News she woke up just before 4am on Sunday.

Shrirama managed to capture video footage
She was watching TV when she noticed a bright light flashing through her curtains. She did not take any notice of it at first, but the light continued to shine in her face.

Was this John taking off?

HackimerRob

visiting with my parents

He last posted according to this site on July 2nd.

Plus Dubin is in South Africa, and I think he said he was in America, near Chicago wasn't it?