Voynich Manuscript

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Thanks for posting this Kid. I think I've read about this book several years ago, it's a nice example of lost knowledge. I can't seem to access the link you posted, so here's a link to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript

It's a great read, they even mention the hoax possibility. Unlikely if you ask me.

(Moved this thread to the Artifacts and History section :))

Attachments

• Voynich_Manuscript_(32).jpg
    Voynich_Manuscript_(32).jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 11

peter449

Written in Central Europe at the end of the 15th or during the 16th century, the origin, language, and date of the Voynich Manuscript—named after the Polish-American antiquarian bookseller, Wilfrid M. Voynich, who acquired it in 1912—are still being debated as vigorously as its puzzling drawings and undeciphered text. Described as a magical or scientific text, nearly every page contains botanical, figurative, and scientific drawings of a provincial but lively character, drawn in ink with vibrant washes in various shades of green, brown, yellow, blue, and red.

HDRKID

I have done some more research and many of the plants described in the book are extinct or never were. Book contains drawings of 113 unidentified plant species. This has led some to believe an alien origin. Perhaps it comes from another timeline similar to our own.

voy.jpg

TimeTravel_00

I think that the plants exist, but appear to be poor renderings. I recognized one of the drawings as a bunch of naked women mashing grapes in a hopper in preparation for making wine.

Orpheus Rex

I saw his article the other day. It wouldn't be the first hoax for attention.

Additionally, I might add that we have letters that are hundreds of years old that talk about people trying to decrypt it.

Orpheus Rex

The Aztec theory is junk. Aztec writing doesn't look like that... not that it would matter since the aztec writings haven't been deciphered yet either.