Waco Event. What Could It Be?

Darkwolf

Yeagh smooth, theres been alot of civil unrest going on, not getting much play though. I'm afraid that will only make some of the less sensible dissident groups do something louder in a desperate attempt to get some attention. There is after only so much that can be hushed up in this country. The news vultures are always looking for something sensational after all, and whats a little risk from the government compared to winning a pulitizer.

Smooth-Operator

The news vultures are always looking for something sensational after all, and whats a little risk from the government compared to winning a pulitizer.

Could someone storm the Fox newsroom and lock the journalists in a closet while someone airs what's REALLY going on?

qshatter.gif

Can I even say that here?

1Cry.gif

~ @);- Smooth @);- ~

Darkwolf

Could someone storm the Fox newsroom and lock the journalists in a closet while someone airs what's REALLY going on?

Actually seeing that the @$%^$# TANKS are rolling, I woulden't say much of anything like that. I would however consider taking JT's advice on having a plan to get the hell out of your current area of operations quickly if it were to become nessisary.

Smooth-Operator

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 10 2004, 10:48 PM

Actually seeing that the @$%^$# TANKS are rolling, I woulden't say much of anything like that. I would however consider taking JT's advice on having a plan to get the hell out of your current area of operations quickly if it were to become nessisary.

bread.gif

wine.gif

icon_deal.gif

Lessee; snacks, beverages, plan with survival tools and map.

Yepper. All set
chopper.gif

Darkwolf

Smooth, your images didn't post. Important things to have as I see it are.
Good pair of hiking boots.
Camoflage clothing in a pattern that matches your local terrain
cammo face paint that does the same.
Toothbrush and paste (if your stuck without this for a long period you will regret it)
Entrenching tool (AKA folding shovel)
Clean dry socks, woll or one of the high tech hiking kind, at least 5 pairs.
Feild first aid kit. Military or EMT, not just band aids.
At least 5 days rations, MREs are cheap, and light, but MRE is three lies in one.
Water purification system with anti viral capabilities, Don't go cheap on this one.
Rifle, one of the .22 folding survival types will do if being stuck in the woods is your only problem.
High quality knife
Four season tent
Sleeping bag.
Hatchet
Survival saw
Self defense weapon (I'd suggest a handgun)
Fire starting stuff. (Instant fire is good)
Camoflage netting to cover your tent.

ZeoEmeraude

Ok, so I haven't read all of the posts to this thread yet, but i'll give a comment anyway. Personally, I think that if you get involved with some "wacko" movement, then it's time for the padded rooms and tranquilizers. If this country gets to a point where paranoia and extremist factions dictate our roles as citizens then it's time to head for the mountains and bring along some guns and beer, cause it's gonna get ugly real fast. Political BS aside, I would say that some can be led easily by pursuasion, and some follow from stupitity. In the end only we (the individual) can make decisions based on our faith, political stance, and financial worth. If you wanna drink some "Kool-Aid" and die meaninglessly, have fun...but don't buy the ice.

Darkwolf

Zoe, you are quite right. I included a list of supplies in case things get nasty, and people need to leave for their own safety. They were not a list of things a revolutionary needs. (note the lack of any offensive weapons, demolitions materials, ect) It might be a good idea to leave in any of those wacko movements start up in your area. You might want to have what you'd need to get from wherever you live to a safe area without a car. For me that would mean crossing a fair portion of the rockies on foot. Thus the equipment list.

Alyxavior

Well....if the person with that list has no inkling how to use the rifle...I'd suggest just going with the knife until you learn how to use it...

Until you learn how to use it, and if you encounter other people...(which I sure hope you do)....then that may just be the thing you get yourself killed with.

Fear is a funny thing...*shakes his head*

It's obviously doing things to people's heads....*looks around at the threads on this forum, sadly*

StarLord

Do you consider becoming aware a bad thing Alyxavior? Do you think that preparing for the possible future senarios a waste of time? I can tell you that folks that have prepared, did not fail when the time came.

"Fail to prepair, prepair to fail"

Think of it like grown up scouting. The only difference is your merit badge is survival, not some cloth patch on a sash. That brings back memories of the Order Of The Arrow and all the crazy hazing you had to endure. Then years later bootcamp and insane DI's....

It's better to be prepared than to try and scramble around collecting things when you could just take your kit and boogy, no fuss, no muss, no hurry.

Darkwolf

Well....if the person with that list has no inkling how to use the rifle...I'd suggest just going with the knife until you learn how to use it.
Until you learn how to use it, and if you encounter other people...(which I sure hope you do)....then that may just be the thing you get yourself killed with.

Fear is a funny thing...*shakes his head*
The survival rifle I mentioned is more for hunting rabbits and such than people. There are a number of good ones that fold or stow in their stocks and are very light. Ideal for backpacking. You could also use a slingshot, but the 22 is much more efficient.