Was Jesus born with Original Sin?

Papirika

There is no way that you would teach your children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are doing just that.

Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fibre as Yahweh.

Yeah, I've noticed. I feel cheated now, he was so respectful at first. And most people like this just keep saying I have no brains.

But he clearly has no idea of what he or I are talking about, he thinks that the rules of men apply to god, doesn't understand basic concepts and just become violent when he runs out of argument.

If you choose to use the bible to prove me wrong I also have the right to use the bible to prove I am right. Now I get why people are being so rude to him.

But at least I've got to meet a nice forum. ^^

Thanks anyway !

Angelface239

Yeah, I've noticed. I feel cheated now, he was so respectful at first. And most people like this just keep saying I have no brains.

But he clearly has no idea of what he or I are talking about, he thinks that the rules of men apply to god, doesn't understand basic concepts and just become violent when he runs out of argument.

If you choose to use the bible to prove me wrong I also have the right to use the bible to prove I am right. Now I get why people are being so rude to him.

But at least I've got to meet a nice forum. ^^

Thanks anyway !
Okay.

Gnostic Christian

1-By no means jews put themselves above god

2-Jesus only got of the hook so many times because he refused to give a direct anwer.

3-In the end was the son of god thing that ended up killing him.

4-Jews didn't just forgive sins, they did it by a sacrifice (That christians believe to represent jesus.), and this sacrifice and the way it should be done was decided by God. So god was the one forgiving sins.

5-You should read the full chapters by youself instead of just some parts. this

Is not Jesus or god, but Psalms. Which were just music and poetry from the jewish people, not the world of god.

Here is one: "Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town. 2 Some men brought to him a paralytic, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.”

3 At this, some of the teachers of the Law said to themselves, “This fellow is blaspheming!”

4 Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts? 5 Which is easier: to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up and walk’? 6 But so that you might know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sin . . . .” Then he said to the paralytic, “Get up, take your mat and go home.”

7 And the man got up and went home. 8 When the crowd saw this, they were filled with awe, and they praised God, who had given such authority to men."

In this specific part as in many others they didn't killed Jesus because they were afraid that the people would go against them.

"The chief priests and the scribes heard this, and began seeking how to destroy Him; for they were afraid of Him, for the whole crowd was astonished at His teaching."- Mark 11:18

"And they were seeking to seize Him, and yet they feared the people, for they understood that He spoke the parable against them. And so they left Him and went away."- Mark 12:12

Psalm, music or poetry or just a part of the myth that the whole bible represents, myth wise, if Jesus lived by it, he must have believed it.

If you are going to ignore the scriptures I quote, I will reciprocate and ignore yours.

Reciprocity is fair play. Right?

That means what you put above, I ignore.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian

1-By no means jews put themselves above god

I am near phobic about lying and can always back up what I say.

If I recall correctly, what you seek and what proves my point starts at the 10 or 15 min. mark.

I would look it up for you, but you are pissed me off.

I thought you wanted to do apologetics without the usual back biting and name calling.

If you are going to indicate that I lied, you had best do it with documentation and not just your lies.

Further.

You are reading your bible quite literally.

That is not the way it should be read.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL