website problem

timecore

i keep geeting this service unavailable page pop up.when i go
to certain posts and forums of this websight.it is getting very annoying.i cannot get onto the feedback & support forum.

JimmyD

i keep geeting this service unavailable page pop up.when i go
to certain posts and forums of this websight.it is getting very annoying.i cannot get onto the feedback & support forum.

That is probably either someone/thing messing with this site because they are scared of what may come to light, ...

..or it is a result of communications companies exploiting and manipulating bandwidth usage, not allowing certain sites to have equal access.

...or both, the latter being the excuse for the former.

JimmyD

It's called Bandwidth Throttling.

Bandwidth throttling - Wikipedia

Recent changes in law have allowed the communications companies/ISP's more freedom in how they distribute/manage bandwidth. The fix is to boycott any ISP or server/service that throttles or doesn't offer "neutrality".

I never had that problem until that happened, so that is my guess as to what it is.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It's because the forum is under heavy traffic, but also because someone is trying to take it down. We've been the target of constant DDOS attacks for several months now, the result of such attacks being those white page errors.

I'm in contact with our hosting provider, they're looking into it and will block the offending sources.

JimmyD

It's because the forum is under heavy traffic, but also because someone is trying to take it down. We've been the target of constant DDOS attacks for several months now, the result of such attacks being those white page errors.

I'm in contact with our hosting provider, they're looking into it and will block the offending sources.

That is most interesting.

Mayhem

Zenith
I think we are kidding ourselves that there arent some looking at whats been posted.