What If We're Missing A Sense?

Carl Miller

I d like a to add something that i found pertinent relating to my last comment. Senses have to do with perceptions (consciousness) and consciousness seems to be stuck in old useless mindframes. It is of little valor to get new senses if the consciousness is obliterated.
When people encounter something they do not understand, they tend to interpret it in ways they do understand, and they will arrive at an interpretation which really does not have much to do with what was experienced.
In other words using limit or more advanced senses, they process the unknown coming up to an interpretation or judgement that fits their present realities - but which may not, and probably does not pertain to the actual reality of what they experienced.
So, people fill in the unknown with what fits with Their known.
The proof here exists in the fact that when five people are shown something which is outside their experience, one of them might say they do not know what it is. But the other four might produce four different explanations of what they saw.

Falkon303

I feel awareness of environment is a sense. Animals have it. Some can detect a storm. Humans generally have the ability to tell if someone is staring at them. I feel that it's just been ignored or is underdeveloped, but is coming back because the environment we are in is becoming increasingly complex.

Carl Miller

Your remarks seem very appropriate. They reminded me of ultra fast learning method through a process described in book called 'Psychic Experiences Beyond The Iron Curtain' by Sheila Ostrander and Lynn Shroeder. The unconscious mind is uploaded through micro vibe frequencies transmitted by 'the skin!!!!'. Amazing!!!! Since it is proven to work out right allowing the individual to incredible fast learning we may apply the process on the contrary: facts and factoids triggering certain expected responses from the unconscious mind. It may seem out of topic unless we start to think about the astounding ability the unconscious mind has in memorizing information. A hypnotized subject may recall minimal details the conscious mind dismissed. That's what some call it 'the genius inside us. The great wisdom of your subconscious mind-something like that. So using the data at hand the unconscious mind can process a solution to a challenge just like a computer (resorting to the background data stored accumulated). Can this type of wisdom be considered a sense?
How should we call this type of knowledge of responses popping out from the unconscious mind? Should ee call it intuition? Or it s best we leave the noun intuition restricting it to our 'high self' or spirit wisdom or whatever more spiritual like, so to say?

TimeFlipper

There are countless senses we don't have. Echo location or sonic vision, our sight & hearing are very limited, sensing energy (like a shark), sensing the tiniest vibrations (spider
There are countless senses we don't have. Echo location or sonic vision, our sight & hearing are very limited, sensing energy (like a shark), sensing the tiniest vibrations (spider).

I could sit and list things all day, point is our "view" of the world is through our senses and we're oblivious to what we cannot sense (most of the time).

I think those 2 senses you mentioned are innate "survival" senses, that we humans dont need for our survival...I could be wrong however

wyldberi

Can you imagine the sense of proprioception?
Can you feel the sensation of your body monitoring the salt content of your blood stream?
We all have intuition; some of us pay attention to it, others don't.
-
I often find myself appreciating my bull s_it detector. If I hadn't consciously worked to develop that "sense" I'd listen to the broadcast news and actually believe what the talking heads had to say.

Last edited: