What in your opinion are the best movies

TimeFlipper

Just got done watching 11.22.63, which is about going back in time to prevent the JFK assassination. I enjoyed the movie especially how the past was trying to prevent the time traveler from changing what had happened.

Yes Dawg, i was really upset when they stopped me from taking the rifle off Lee Harvey Oswald and shoving it up his ass :( :LOL:..
Happy new year mate (y) :D..

Last edited:

Mayhem

Zenith
Found a dvd of Doomsday just yesterday might have to wtach it again. Not sure that it was that good though.

TnWatchdog

Anybody Seen "The Day After" 1983 any good?
Yes I remember seeing it when it first came out. I believe it was an ABC special and had as much conversation in churches and work places as The Exorcist had. I posted the movie on one of the threads here. A great movie and shows there are no winners in a nuclear war. I would say a true winner would be the one that took a direct hit.

TimeFlipper

I just remembered a scene from the Exorcist which was never shown in the original movie :eek:..

Last edited:

Pix3l_P0w3r

I just remembered a scene from the Exorcist which was never shown in the original movie :eek:..

I don't know about the original movie but I saw it in the exorcist movie. I remember noticing how her long draped dress, was firmly stuck to her back as she went down the stairs, indicating photographic trickery. It was obvious something was supporting her. I heard the original caused people in the theaters to cry and vomit and they didn't even finish watching the movie.

I really enjoyed "The Thirteenth Floor" (1999), "District 9" (2009), and "Cube" (1997).

Hazzie Hippie

Hi all :)

I was wondering if anyone here have watched the movie called the Contact :) and if yes, is it a good movie?

I asked cuz someone suggested that I watch the movie :)

Pix3l_P0w3r

Anybody Seen "The Day After" 1983 any good?
Yes I remember seeing it when it first came out. I believe it was an ABC special and had as much conversation in churches and work places as The Exorcist had. I posted the movie on one of the threads here. A great movie and shows there are no winners in a nuclear war. I would say a true winner would be the one that took a direct hit.

Nuclear is dirty, they wouldn't likely use it in a war again unless they blew NK off the map for being a bunch of radicalists. I think it's likely they'd use smart technology. Miniaturized drones nearly impossible to shoot out of the air that could hone in on a target's temple and explode, causing a small projectile to be precisely delivered over large distances through many obstacles. The drones being controlled by AI capable of targeting specific people based off of appearance, facial attributes, etc.

TimeFlipper

Hi all :)

I was wondering if anyone here have watched the movie called the Contact :) and if yes, is it a good movie?

I asked cuz someone suggested that I watch the movie :)

I just had a thought about two lovely Time-Travelling Movies i think you would enjoy (y)..
Somewhere in Time...A guy goes back to 1912 to try and find a girl he saw in a Portrait Picture and falls in love with :).
The Time Travellers Wife...A lovely movie where a guy spontaneously goes forwards and backwards in time, I cried at the ending :(..