What is God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind7

Staff
'According to the great Jewish philosopher, Martin Buber, the perpetual enemy of faith in the true God is not atheism (the claim that there is no God), but rather Gnosticism (the claim that God is known). At another point Buber wrote:
The two spiritual powers of gnosis and magic, masquerading under the
cloak of religion, threaten more than any other powers the insight into the
religious reality . . . the tribes of Jacob could only become Israel by
disentangling themselves from both gnosis and magic . . . [Against the
Protestant Gnostics, Philip J. Lee, Oxford University Press, 1987] '

'Quite a number of Gnostic ministers are masquerading as true prophets of God
and assuming to have a special anointing and relationship with the Spirit. Their ministries are widely recognised, respected and feared. Personal prophecies and prediction of future events are given with some measure of accuracy. They get people to believe they have great power with God and that in them dwells a quality that makes them “god-like”. Control of minds and lives is gained by their feigning spirituality and assuming a “god-like” authority.
To gain power, twisting Scriptures and abusing authority is of no consequence. One cruel method used is to instill fear in the hearts of those who dare to criticize or question their ministries by making harsh judgments against them. Sometimes those judgments even contain a death threat! They definitely are not prophets of the Word, nor can they be, because they put no confidence in the Written Word and its judgments. '

Sound Familiar??

Last edited:

Wind7

Staff
DL, you are a liar and A False Prophet.

Go ahead and try to defend yourself.

This is my last word to you.

ut te post me, satanas!!

For anyone else interested...Please do delve into the information I have posted above and dig, really dig into whom
these so called Gnostics are.

Do not be deceived.

Last edited:

Harte

'According to the great Jewish philosopher, Martin Buber, the perpetual enemy of faith in the true God is not atheism (the claim that there is no God), but rather Gnosticism (the claim that God is known). At another point Buber wrote:
The two spiritual powers of gnosis and magic, masquerading under the
cloak of religion, threaten more than any other powers the insight into the
religious reality . . . the tribes of Jacob could only become Israel by
disentangling themselves from both gnosis and magic . . . [Against the
Protestant Gnostics, Philip J. Lee, Oxford University Press, 1987] '

'Quite a number of Gnostic ministers are masquerading as true prophets of God
and assuming to have a special anointing and relationship with the Spirit. Their ministries are widely recognised, respected and feared. Personal prophecies and prediction of future events are given with some measure of accuracy. They get people to believe they have great power with God and that in them dwells a quality that makes them “god-like”. Control of minds and lives is gained by their feigning spirituality and assuming a “god-like” authority.
To gain power, twisting Scriptures and abusing authority is of no consequence. One cruel method used is to instill fear in the hearts of those who dare to criticize or question their ministries by making harsh judgments against them. Sometimes those judgments even contain a death threat! They definitely are not prophets of the Word, nor can they be, because they put no confidence in the Written Word and its judgments. '

Sound Familiar??

Very interesting book. Only got about halfway through it though.

Harte

Gnostic Christian

DL, you are a liar and A False Prophet.

Go ahead and try to defend yourself.

This is my last word to you.
Then who and what am I to defend myself against?

What statements, where?

Or are you just good at false accusations, --- you piece of moral, lying garbage?

I did not ever prophesy. I leave such lying to those in your liar's religion.

Liars can tell the future while better honest people cannot lie nearly as well.

Regards
DL

Wind7

Staff
Then who and what am I to defend myself against?
I am not judge nor jury. Jesus judges both the quick and the dead.
What statements, where?
Or are you just good at false accusations, --- you piece of moral, lying garbage?
False?? LOL!I guess you might need a reminder of your own words.
See below. (Post # 162)

(Oh....and...."Pssst, I think you meant to say> "you piece of immoral, lying garbage....")

Gnostic Christian said:

Strange though that you would not class as vile, things like genocides, homophobia and misogyny.

Where have I personally, even remotely said this?

Show me....until then, I bid you farewell.

Regards
Wind7

------------------------------------------------------------

Show me where I said this, DL....... or be seen as a LIAR by every single person whom reads this.
Got it?

"I did not ever prophesy." You tell me.
Well then, being that the words you attacked me with were untrue, it surely MUST be prophesy
from one so very moral as you....No? ;)

For the record,
You've been goading/attacking me ever since I declared my personal beliefs.
I'll give you a hint> Christianity is but ONE of my beliefs.

I am not Homophobic.
I do not abide genocide as uncruel.
And as for Misogyny.....I wouldn't go there with me!
You see, as a grown male whom as a boy was raised by women....No Father figure....I respect women more than you could ever imagine.

Unlike you and your religion, I will never judge God.

ALSO....................

You chose to Ignore my statement of not arguing religion and later on you declare that I won't use proper apologetics?

Really??

Do you even see/realize that, your warped and assumptive logic might be flawed?
Did you actually think that you would win with such low-browed tactics, DL ??

So...I used a page from your book of diversion and turned apologetics into APOLOGY.
I know the difference.....My diversion quite apparently, went straight over your head.

The way I see it is....You're only here @ Paranormalis to feed your already over-fed ego.
You have An over zealous behavior pattern that is quite interesting from a purely Psychological standpoint.

It also seems that You've declared a war on me.......?
If so....It's A War you are not going to win because, you do not control this arguement.

Why? Because you lied from the get go about me....for the whole public to see and
I will never not defend myself.

You are now a Proven liar, DL.

Regards
Wind7

PS. The funny thing (to me) is, you probably think that I am angry at you....I'm not.

It's simple, apologize.....Then and only then will I (possibly) endeaver with you further.

Have a nice day.

(ut te post me, satanas...)

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Seriously? That kind of nasty name calling is a total lack of respect. No one's forcing you to agree with Wind7, or anyone in fact.

Maybe you didn't like that he challenged your points of view, or say you're a liar (and that can be defended), that's not a reason to resort to personal attacks like you did.

Closing this thread for now. I suggest someone start another one, if you guys want to give this subject a second chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.