What Is Space?

jon

obviously its everywhere where things aren't.

but is it nothing???????

or is it like...fish cant see water.....you cant see space...?

hmm

if it is nothing.....then does nothing go on forever?

well.....its not going on....its ....uuhh..not doing anything

i am and space is not

thank god everything just is

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I guess we should say we can't see air. I agree we don't necessarily see space. It depends what's space for you. I can see my computer screen, which occupies space in front of me. I see the screen, but I can,t see space itself, is that what you mean?

Is space infinite?

That's a massive question. According to the Big Bang theory, space expands all the time, but is there a limit? Also, we gotta keep in mind that when we look at something 100,000 light-years away, we see it as it was 100,00 years ago. What about that?

jon

light all travels at the same speed...
so if you move just as fast as it...it would apear to stand still!
if you look, at a clock then travel at the speed of light away from it..it would apear to stop..due to the fact that the newly changed light cant reach you...
so if you couild move faster...you would see light that was already emmited.

therefore seeing back in time!!!!

kcwildman

Beastmaster
once you achieve a speed faster than light you will only be able to see the light infront of you or the light you are heading twords..
if you look behind your self it will be dark as no light will catch up to you to be seen. all will be dark when you look around only the light you are going at will be seen.
so dark is the absence of light.
as for space it is simply the absence of matter.
as far as we can tell there is not a limit to its size.
that to is an incorrect statement, because without some matter we can not measure it as being this big or small
that to is another refrance that is relatvie only to us.
as we may be a very small thing in the univers. but then again we may be much larger than another race from another planet. making size like time only a relative thing to the observer.
our intire univers may be a single atom of matter contained within the body of what we would consider a super size being
the older i get and the more i learn, the more i come to believe and understand the passage from the BIBLE where it says.
all of the knowlage/wisdom of man is as foolishness to GOD

Harte

if you went that fast, the light in front of you would instantly turn you into ashes.

It would be blue-shifted way past extremely energetic gamma radiation.