What Is Stonehenge?

Dreamwarrior

what is Stonehenge , well same as if I go out my backyard and build a replica and after a nuclear war similar to the dinosaurs being wiped out and evolution starts again ,the world will believe its something to do with astrology

Witch Hunt

It's not generally known, but it's true that Stonehenge was repaired in the modern era - I believe it went through some renovation at two different times.

Not that they got it wrong or anything. A stone falls over, even thousands of years after it fell experts can still find exactly where it stood and put it back carefully.

Soil disturbances don't go away and are one of many phenomena used to determine the value of initial investigations like trenches.
Trenching is used all the time when looking for evidence of habitation (for example,) among other things. It's probably the MOST used exploratory tool in the archaeology toolbox. Soil disturbances are what trenching is looking for.

Harte
Yep! And what makes its authenticity more believable is that in the last ten years researchers discovered that it originally a wood henge. Something the conservators wouldn't have known about.

TimeFlipper

It's not generally known, but it's true that Stonehenge was repaired in the modern era - I believe it went through some renovation at two different times.

Not that they got it wrong or anything. A stone falls over, even thousands of years after it fell experts can still find exactly where it stood and put it back carefully.

Soil disturbances don't go away and are one of many phenomena used to determine the value of initial investigations like trenches.
Trenching is used all the time when looking for evidence of habitation (for example,) among other things. It's probably the MOST used exploratory tool in the archaeology toolbox. Soil disturbances are what trenching is looking for.

Harte

A swift internet search unearthed (pun intended) that Stonehenge repairs began in 1901 upto 1964...No literature has been printed on that for obvious reasons..There seemed to be little interest in it until the Hippies with flowers in their hair started going there :geek: :D..

paulyoung2

when you want to make a tribute to gods.. and for it to remain for centuries to come (definitely 3000+ years into the "past") this is how you do it.. it's a calendar.. a symbol of civilization that once was there and decided to make its mark.. special occasions.. sacrifices etc.. all been held there and then some
I do not believe it was a gateway into different timelines/dimensions/universes.. for that you need pure granite and also the granite to be situated on vortex platform of some kind either natural or artificial can be either depending on the century you belong in

Mayhem

Zenith
Vast neolithic circle of deep shafts found near Stonehenge

A circle of deep shafts has been discovered near the world heritage site of Stonehenge, to the astonishment of archaeologists, who have described it as the largest prehistoric structure ever found in Britain.

Four thousand five hundred years ago, the Neolithic peoples who constructed Stonehenge, a masterpiece of engineering, also dug a series of shafts aligned to form a circle spanning 1.2 miles (2km) in diameter. The structure appears to have been a boundary guiding people to a sacred area because Durrington Walls, one of Britain’s largest henge monuments, is located precisely at its centre. The site is 1.9 miles north-east of Stonehenge on Salisbury Plain, near Amesbury, Wiltshire.

Prof Vincent Gaffney, a leading archaeologist on the project, said: “This is an unprecedented find of major significance within the UK. Key researchers on Stonehenge and its landscape have been taken aback by the scale of the structure and the fact that it hadn’t been discovered until now so close to Stonehenge.”

ejkirk24

Crazy Cat Lady
Ive been to Stonehenge but now it is all fenced off so you can't get to close to the stones. Not far from Stonehenge, there is what is called the heel stone. And then there is a place called Old Sarum which has a smaller set of stones to Stonehenge.

Strangely enough, when my friend tried to drive us there another day, fog suddenly appeared and we couldn't find it. Another time, a different friend wanted to go there and we ended up on the other side of Salisbury. The only way I could get there was on a bus to Salisbury and then getting the tour bus to the stones.