Debate What is the very nature of Time?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Fermi Lab has a very large neutrino detector. They are currently conducting the DUNE experiment. There is talk that neutrinos can oscillate between one type and another. A suspected property that could lead to why the universe is comprised of matter without an equal amount of antimatter. Check out this video with Don Lincoln as narrator.

Treversal

Fermi Lab has a very large neutrino detector. They are currently conducting the DUNE experiment. There is talk that neutrinos can oscillate between one type and another. A suspected property that could lead to why the universe is comprised of matter without an equal amount of antimatter. Check out this video with Don Lincoln as narrator.

Harte

Take it up with Particle Physicists Hartey, if they tell me that Neutrinos "do" interact with other particles, contrary to yourself, who do "you" think iam going to believe in? ;)....You were wrong Hartey, stop arguing and live with it :D..
They could interact somewhat. But having a quintillionth of the mass of a proton, and a quadrillionth of the size, the interaction may not even be noticeable and thus it's not worth talking about.

Besides, I stated earlier that interactions could occur.

Any physicist will tell you the same thing.

Harte

TimeFlipper

Neutrinos do not interact with other particles. They are practically massless and are orders of magnitude smaller than a proton.
You can't make up physics to try and support an idea.

Harte

Hartey, i have used this posting to remind you of what you stated previously, "Neutrinos do not interact with other particles!"....Now you can see why physics CAN support my own concepts sometimes ;):D..

Harte

Hartey, i have used this posting to remind you of what you stated previously, "Neutrinos do not interact with other particles!"....Now you can see why physics CAN support my own concepts sometimes ;):D..
Essentially, neutrinos don't interact with anything.
Obviously there has to be some rare interactions or they wouldn't have been detected, right?
You failed to mention this post:
If you ran 100 billion runs of proton beam experiments at CERN, you might get one interaction with an external neutrino involved.

Harte
Even if it happened, that interaction would not be detectable. Because of the difference in masses.

So, essentially no. Neutrinos don't interact with anything. Any interactions are too rare for words like "interact."

Harte

TimeFlipper

Essentially, neutrinos don't interact with anything.
Obviously there has to be some rare interactions or they wouldn't have been detected, right?
You failed to mention this post:

Even if it happened, that interaction would not be detectable. Because of the difference in masses.

So, essentially no. Neutrinos don't interact with anything. Any interactions are too rare for words like "interact."

Harte

Iam very pleased that you did bring up your previous posting where you, "reluctantly" did agree with me that Neutrinos obviously "do" exist, or they wouldnt have been detected!...So there we are, Neutrinos, according to your very good self, do interact with other particles...BUT WAIT, you then you go on to say TODAY that ( Even if it happened, that interaction would NOT be detectable, because of the difference in masses), and then you conclude by saying, (So essentially no. Neutrinos dont interact with anything. Any interactions are too rare for words like "interact") :LOL: You completely contradicted yourself Hartey!!! :eek::ROFLMAO:..

You appear to be in some form of crisis Hartey, after all you do hate to admit being being wrong...When Fermilab particle physicists, who are far more informed than you obviously are, tell me and anyone else who wishes to find out, that Neutrinos DO interact with other particles and therefore, if you still want to try and argue about it, take it up with them at Fermilab and all the resident Phd and Professors at that facility :D..

Proof of interactions between Neutrinos and Other Particles>>>>>It is the feeble interaction of Neutrinos with matter that makes them uniquely valuable as astronomical messengers...Unlike photons or charged particles, neutrinos can emerge from deep inside their sources and travel across the Universe without interference...They are not deflected by interstellar magnetic fields and are not absorbed by intervening matter...However, this same trait makes cosmic neutrinos extremely difficult to detect, immense instruments are required to find them in sufficient numbers to trace their origin..

Neutrinos can interact via the neutral current (involving the exchange of a Z bosun) or charged current (involving the exchange of a W bosun) weak interactions..

In a neutral current interaction, the neutrino leaves the detector after having transferred some of its energy and momentum to a target particle..All three neutrino flavors can participate regardless of the neutrino energy..However, no neutrino flavor information is left behind.

In a charged current interaction, the neutrino transforms into its partner lepton (electron muon or tau) However, if the Neutrino does not have sufficient energy to create its heavier partners mass, the charged current interaction is unavailable to it..Solar and reactor Neutrinos have enough energy to create electrons...Most accelerator-based neutrino beams can also create muons, and a few can create taus...A detector that distinguishes among these leptons can reveal the flavor of the incident Neutrino in a charged current interaction...Because the interaction involves the exchange of a charged boson, the target particle also changes character (eg Neutron to Proton)..

Below is a photo taken from NOVA, the Neutrino Detector at Fermilab, showing particles produced by a Neutrino Interaction..

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Patent a neutrino-based municipal broadband radio and associated modems, and you'd be rich.

I already tried that, but unfortunately i had problems detaining the neutrinos long enough in my home brew plasma-detector, and they kept interacting with matter particles, and producing electrons, that i have an abundance of :LOL:..