What The Hell are Scalar Waves pt1

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
remember atoms are moving in compressed air and heated objects(scalar values)
microscale movement cancels on the macroscale.

DUH

I know. It's all in the details. It's just my last experiment with the Tesla coil fields tends to suggest electric fields don't even exist in space. And apparently no connection to time either. I'm not dealing with either scalar or vector phenomena. So even I have come across phenomena that there is not enough general understanding yet to comprehend it all.

I used to think that a magnitude changing in value was a vector quantity. But that value does not have a direction in space. So a scalar value oscillating in magnitude I would think should produce a wave phenomena. So what type of vector phenomena is being produced if not spatial or temporal?

NaturalPhilosopher

I know. It's all in the details. It's just my last experiment with the Tesla coil fields tends to suggest electric fields don't even exist in space. And apparently no connection to time either. I'm not dealing with either scalar or vector phenomena. So even I have come across phenomena that there is not enough general understanding yet to comprehend it all.

I used to think that a magnitude changing in value was a vector quantity. But that value does not have a direction in space. So a scalar value oscillating in magnitude I would think should produce a wave phenomena. So what type of vector phenomena is being produced if not spatial or temporal?
lol
you certainly are college educated

Justinvincible

So best way I can define it..
A scalar wave, in the electrical sense, is an oscillation or pressure wave among the charges in a medium.

Now Tesla believed in the "aether" and claimed experiments proved this. I would suspect that Tesla's understanding of radio waves moving through this medium may have led him to apply a similar approach but with matter. Of course matter is much more solid so maybe longitudinal/scalar waves are more practical.

Well I wonder.. Is there actually a way to propagate scalar waves in space? If I recall correctly Tesla at one point mentioned that static electricity causes the aether to become more rigid. This is where my mind wanders to gravity. I've always thought of gravity as a sort of pressure acting on matter. Maybe this is a stretch but what If Tesla's lost theory of gravity is related to this concept? We know gravity waves are different than regular transverse waves. Perhaps there is a key here to understanding how gravity acts here. Is matter causing a longitudinal pressure wave action on space? Need to come up with some experiments here IDK.. The casimir effect comes to mind as well where force acts between two plates of a capacitor.. Just speculating..

NaturalPhilosopher

lol
you certainly are college educated

NaturalPhilosopher

it's temporal but the temporal variable is very weak until it hits a threshold
below that you can consider it torsional

it's what confuses everyone at first

temporal and torsion are inverse proportional to each other

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
it's temporal but the temporal variable is very weak until it hits a threshold
below that you can consider it torsional

it's what confuses everyone at first

temporal and torsion are inverse proportional to each other

Hold on there. I would like to agree with you on that. I too have given thought to a magnitude oscillation as being temporal. But it isn't something that can just be decided upon. It could also be extra-dimensional. This is something that would need a well thought out experiment to determine just what is happening.

My Tesla coil experiments were very educational. A linear antenna produces an EM wave phenomena that drops off in intensity at the 1/R rate. But the Tesla coil produces an energy field that drops off at the 1/R^2 rate. And it is widely known that Tesla coils don't radiate very far. The energy field has an attraction ability just like gravity. That gravity like attraction seems to be of no concern in technical literature. Since I am running my Tesla coils in an open circuit configuration, the secondary can be considered a magnitude oscillation phenomena. But multiple things are happening. All metal objects in the room are electrified, and give an instant plasma like burn to your skin when touched. The gravity like attraction is easily observed close to the Tesla coil.

TimeFlipper

Hold on there. I would like to agree with you on that. I too have given thought to a magnitude oscillation as being temporal. But it isn't something that can just be decided upon. It could also be extra-dimensional. This is something that would need a well thought out experiment to determine just what is happening.

My Tesla coil experiments were very educational. A linear antenna produces an EM wave phenomena that drops off in intensity at the 1/R rate. But the Tesla coil produces an energy field that drops off at the 1/R^2 rate. And it is widely known that Tesla coils don't radiate very far. The energy field has an attraction ability just like gravity. That gravity like attraction seems to be of no concern in technical literature. Since I am running my Tesla coils in an open circuit configuration, the secondary can be considered a magnitude oscillation phenomena. But multiple things are happening. All metal objects in the room are electrified, and give an instant plasma like burn to your skin when touched. The gravity like attraction is easily observed close to the Tesla coil.

Is that a can of WD-40 trying to hide behind your beautifully constructed Tesla Coil? :D..