What will win the god wars? Faith, Fantasy, Facts, or God?

alpha centauri

So now you think you can judge my religion. and tell me what I am to believe.
You judge other religions, that are not yours, all the time. When that is something not to do, in your opinion, you should not do it.
But I can also judge a religion that is not mine.

But I have to repeat myself. There are other people around the world, that see that in Gnosticism and call themselves Gnostics.

You can believe in what you want, but that does not change what other people think of Gnosticism.

disagree in part.

It is the evil they see in Yahweh.

All moral people will agree that he is a vile genocidal god and condemn him to hell where he belongs.

That is a iteration of what I said.

There are negative things in those books, but not everything is bad (that is my opinion).

That what you think, is usually that, what some people think, that abandon religion. But there are also people that see positive things but they still abandon religion because of the negative things. In both case they abandon the religion because of the negative things.

So my statement was correct and is not a contradiction to yours.

alpha centauri

Can you do that?

I do not think I can.

I have to go by what I know and that is what sets my beliefs.

I would think that what you know is what sets your beliefs as well.

I think magic will be proven in the future, so you have to wait. A lot of the paranormal stuff is already proven, but you have to search for it.

Some people can improve their intelligence (with mind techniques) ( How to Become Smarter: 10 Ways to Boost Your Intelligence" ) , others manipulate their hormones through different techniques. The best techniques are those of positive magic: unconditional love, kindess, balancing of your elements etc. This is not proven yet, why it is successful, but you can try it for yourself with trial and error.

In the positive magic, you balance your elements in a positive manner. The physical correspondence are the chakras or endocrine system.
The hormonal system is different according to your age, although you have the same DNA ( not for magicians, I think. I think they can change that, too). I hope you understand, what I want to say. There is a lot you can do as a sceptic person. You can try to reactivate the part you had as a child, because the DNA stays the same. This should be possible. Children are better in different things like learning languages.

Some things are not scientifically proven or disproven like the existence of God or how far magic can go, so you have to believe it or not.

Last edited:

Gnostic Christian

I think magic will be proven in the future, so you have to wait. A lot of the paranormal stuff is already proven, but you have to search for it.

Some people can improve their intelligence (with mind techniques) ( How to Become Smarter: 10 Ways to Boost Your Intelligence" ) , others manipulate their hormones through different techniques. The best techniques are those of positive magic: unconditional love, kindess, balancing of your elements etc. This is not proven yet, why it is successful, but you can try it for yourself with trial and error.

In the positive magic, you balance your elements in a positive manner. The physical correspondence are the chakras or endocrine system.
The hormonal system is different according to your age, although you have the same DNA ( not for magicians, I think. I think they can change that, too). I hope you understand, what I want to say. There is a lot you can do as a sceptic person. You can try to reactivate the part you had as a child, because the DNA stays the same. This should be possible. Children are better in different things like learning languages.

Some things are not scientifically proven or disproven like the existence of God or how far magic can go, so you have to believe it or not.

True, but that does not refute that you cannot just believe what you want.

I want to believe that the whole world will acclaim me some day, but to believe it would be me being a traitor to reality.

To promote the supernatural or magic as real, is to delude ones self.

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

True, but that does not refute that you cannot just believe what you want.

I want to believe that the whole world will acclaim me some day, but to believe it would be me being a traitor to reality.

To promote the supernatural or magic as real, is to delude ones self.

Regards
Yes that is true. If there is proof, that something is false. You should not believe in it.

I try to explain:
if you dont know, whether magic exist or not: You dont have to be on either side. You just say: I do not believe in magic, because there is no proof for me yet. The problem is the same with the topic of God. Millitant atheists say: God doesnt exist. Scientific people say: I dont know. But I believe in it or not. Believe means for me something like: I dont know exactly. But you decide based on different things like personal experiences.

Your experience with your wife is such an example for me, that magic exists. You just define magic and the paranormal differently.
But in my opinion, This is also magic.

You have scientific data for this. You can look the history of the world and estimate how difficult it is, that someone is acclaimed by the whole world. And than you can see, how probable that is for you. I think such a person has never existed.

Gnostic Christian

A C

One guy said I did a miracle but that was the wrong word to us as well. IMO.

You can tell people that magic is real and telepathy is not just another 6th sense.

I will not.

Regards
DL

alpha centauri

One guy said I did a miracle but that was the wrong word to us as well. IMO.
Who said that?

I said you did magic, but I said magic is normal. I would define magic the following: magic is the change in consciousness at will . this is normal in the sense, that also meditation and sex are magical. But I would say far more that is not researched is also this. If the science discovers it, this will be called normal, too

You can tell people that magic is real and telepathy is not just another 6th sense.
if you can do it, this will be something normal for you at least. Magic is not something unhuman. Maybe I use the wrong word.

I will not.
The choice is, as always, yours.

Last edited: