What's your local haunt?

BlastTyrant

Ha i have met the group who did the investigation in that video, they host a meeting like once a month. Wasn't that impressed with them at all, i had reached out to Ross Beard a few times as he hinted at me to go check a area with frequent UFO sightings but he avoided me for months and when i finally got to him he acted like he had no idea what i was talking about.

TnWatchdog

The Carter House, Franklin, TN

upload_2017-1-24_17-36-37.jpeg
Few homes in Tennessee have as much reason to be haunted as the Carter House in Franklin. Thehouse was built in 1830 by Fountain BranchCarter, never realizing that it would be in the center of one of the most terrifying battles in the Civil War, a battle in which nearly the entire Army of Tennessee was destroyed.
The Carter House - Ghosts of the Prairie
Ghosts of the Prairie › carter
I was there last year and asked the tour guide about the ghosts appearing in the kitchen and other reports I had read about. He said he didn't know about anything but said that many thousand soldiers met a violent death at one time so it was possible. There are many articles and videos on this house if you want to look into it. I live north of the battlefield about ten miles.

TnWatchdog

The Bell Witch house and cave...Adams, Tennessee
A couple of years ago my daughter drove down from Minnesota to take the tour...gate closed, not open that day. Last year she came down and we drove up there...gate closed due to heavy rains, which caused the parking lot and cave to flood. Something didn't want us there...lol, but we will try again.

Wind7

Staff
IP Blocked

{F03BE220-4DE7-4678-8CD2-A0E5A8A55C2C}.JPG
This thread made me remember the roadhouse/3.2 bar that I frequented when I was a kid (they had a nice game room with pinball machines and Pac-Man games..etc).
The Pavilion was a local place set in the midst of nearly no-wheres-ville, MN next to a small lake.

It was always a rumour that the place was haunted.

In my early 20's, I was employed by the then owner for bartending/bouncer, this was in the early 80's.

Many times when I was there alone, I would feel like I was being watched from where the old dancefloor area was, other times I heard a male voice asking "who are you?" Or "I'm angry" or "Help me". I wasn't the only one.

Others had some claims of their own, from hearing voices to seeing people dressed in period clothing.(see photo)^

At least 2 owners claimed the place was haunted.
The ones I worked for and the one prior to them.

It was in the last few years of the Pavilions existence things really got bad. I would come in to work and there would be chairs knocked off of tables down on the dancefloor... I would put them back up. The owner was getting more and more agitated with finding windows down there broken and chairs thrown off from tables...again. "Vandals obviously!" He would say until one day... I pointed something out to him and his wife, the broken glass was on the ground outside of the building. So, it had to have come from inside!

He was having none of it.
Ghosts don't exist!!

His wife would later confide that she was aware of this presence and no longer felt safe, like it was angry.

I quit shortly after being held at gunpoint after closing time by the owner who I had found out was dealing drugs while I was on duty.
He went psycho-paranoid and thought I was working for the cops!

I never went back.

Rumour has it that all or most of the back windows were taken out and lots of tables and chairs were badly broken while they were away. And other things such as fresh foods being spoilt over night, TV sets blowing out..etc.

The Pavilion was set on fire one night during an electrical storm.
The official cause was an act of God. (Lightning strike).

It wasn't insured, so it was never again rebuilt.

I still have a piece of the old hardwood floor.

Now, here's the kicker...

Several starts were made to build a house on this land, each burned according to local gossip.

The land was found to house a graveyard full of what turned out to be animal bones (bear and bison mostly).
The ground was found out to be sacred Indian ground and was settled out by a ceremony performed by a local tribe.

Same sort of ceremony was performed during an excavation of Indian Burial ground to rebuild the roads just South of the old Pavilion. Graves had to be relocated.

Well, there you have it.
That's the local haunting story that (kind of) became famous.

I know that there are still some who certainly could corroborate the old 'hauntings' in the Pavilion.

I know that I wasn't the only one who heard/witnessed a 'something' while there.

For the record...there is a big, nice home built where the old Pavilion once stood. Been there a while now.
I would love to know if the 'new owners' have ever had a paranormal occurrence.

Here is some earlier findings of the same general area
and surroundings.

IP Blocked

Last edited:

DEATH OMEN

From which year? Been dealin' with the paranormal since I was 6, am 69+ now. Favorites are about ANY Civil War battleground, Gettysburg, minus all the damn tourists, would be excellent.

steven chiverton

6fe6250d6d01c08669c39b05e4ad194e.jpg

Every town has some sort of ghost legend. The building that is just too creepy to assume only evil could have lived there, or the place you drive by to work every morning that makes you think back to the old stories that kept you up at night as a kid. I'm curious about what your town's local legend was. Or what is that haunted house you've always wanted to visit or already have? Share it here and attach pictures if you can-- with or without apparitions. : )
you may need this if your going to visit an old haunted house

Attachments

• magnetic distortion and paranomally feild detector.pdf
    288 KB · Views: 3

ConvergancePoint

Well, let's see....there's Bob Mackey's Music. world, a bar that's been featured on several ghost shows. Claims to have a " hole to hell" in the basement. I know its in Ky but can't remember which town.
Also, close to home in Nada Kentucky the old Nada railroad tunnel. I have been there many times and a few of those time got to see hear and feel some shit. The tunnel was hand dug and blasted into the mountain with dynamite. When it was being built, one worker was killed by an e,plosion, when he had the idea to thaw a stick of dynamite by the fire..Legends tell of how his widow brought their child there one night to give vigil. Supposedly she froze to death,along with their young child.

If you drive into the tunnel, and kill your engine and lights during the night,( not safe, rather stupid, but can be made safe with the help of a few friends) and wait, you will soon hear the Cry's of a baby. I can day that it doesn't happen every time, but it does happen. Also, if you park on the side of the tunnel on the end with the spring at night, and kill the car and wait, you will hear the train whistle and an explosion. I've never heard the boom, but I've heard the whistle.

massie20000

the dingess tunnel is the nearby haunted place for me.its a one lane tunnel in wv the only way in and out of the town.many people have been killed there.

massie20000

the dingess tunnel is the nearby haunted place for me.its a one lane tunnel in wv the only way in and out of the town.many people have been killed there.