white house is preparing for a emp? wtf?

Is this a hoax?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Fringomaniac

I understood Einstein's sentence just fine. It means they ARE prepared.
true true but why in the world would someone make a scare thing? I mean unless if people didn't know about the automatic gravimetric thing

Predicting the end of the world is a favorite pastime for some people. But none of the predictions ever come true.
Well I guess you're right but if a asteroid ever to hit earth confirmed, then like all the nations that have nukes should probably launch them and save earth lol

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
true true but why in the world would someone make a scare thing? I mean unless if people didn't know about the automatic gravimetric thing

Predicting the end of the world is a favorite pastime for some people. But none of the predictions ever come true.
Well I guess you're right but if a asteroid ever to hit earth confirmed, then like all the nations that have nukes should probably launch them and save earth lol

I can imagine the Russians using the Podkletnov gravity deflection beam to push the asteroid away.

heka2015

Now if I have to give up my smart phone, Internet connection, YouTube, Netflix, and Paranormalis, because of an EMP, I will be pissed big time.

I got some old smartphones + serval mesh app + sd-cards full of books in a faraday cage for quite some time now. Won't give you netflix,paranormalis or youtube, i admit, but better than nothing.
You might do that with the phones you have lying in the drawer.
Doesn't hurt at all, just in case you know.:rolleyes:

Two historic incidents often figure in the discussion:

• On July 9, 1962, the Atomic Energy Commission and the Defense Atomic Support Agency detonated the Starfish Prime, a 1.4-megaton H-bomb test at an altitude of 250 miles, some 900 miles southwest of Hawaii over the Pacific Ocean. The pulse shorted out streetlights in Oahu.

• On March 9, 1989, the sun spat a million-mile-wide blast of high-temperature charged solar gas straight at the Earth. The "coronal mass ejection" struck the planet three days later, triggering a geomagnetic storm that made the northern lights visible in Texas. The storm also induced currents in Quebec's power grid that knocked out power for 6 million people in Canada and the USA for at least nine hours.

"A lot of the questions are what steps does it make sense to take," Legge says. "We could effectively gold-plate every component in the system, but the cost would mean that people can't afford the rates that would result to pay for it."

"The high-altitude nuclear-weapon-generated electromagnetic pulse is one of a small number of threats that has the potential to hold our society seriously at risk," concluded a 2008 EMP Commission report headed by William Graham, a former science adviser to President Reagan.
Source of the above: USA TODAY

Don't get too cozy LOL
The GDP will not have a chance at all.

The allmighty:sick: USA:confused: might tell their citizens they have somthing against it, but i wouldn't bet on that.
And IF they have something they sure won't waste it, so you can have the PS4 running.

Sorry, heka

Fringomaniac

well atleast be grateful for us, humanity, has gone far in technology that we can stop emp's but ya know, the other way is just shutdown electric factories or use solar panels

heka2015

Im trying to tell you that this is NOT the case!

We cannot stop EMP's.

In some amount you can shield yourself but the infrastructures will not be shielded (at least not like you think).
Read up a little so you don't have to take my word for it.
Actually, don't take the word of anybody, it's always better to double and triple check information.
Doesn't matter where it comes from.
But thats up to you.
You can come up with fantasy weapons as much as you like.
It won't cover the whole world.

Solar panels <<< will not work after hit by an EMP
you would have to go mechanical = no electronic parts (they will be fried!)
Basics like old car alternators and bike dynamos is more likely to be successfull
Hydropower, and the good old animals moving the millstone.

I dont like it either but that is the way it is.

TnWatchdog

Overnight or in a heart beat we could be back to the days of old and we won't like it as we have been softened, overweight, and spoiled...(SOS)

Fringomaniac

like, shut off the electric systems in a electrical factory or like the ones with all the coil shaped stuff and wires, shut em down and wait for the emp to pass?