Who here has been called by the White House?

sinister

Re: Who here has been called by the White House?

Very true, our gov't doesn't have the time or patience for a 'courtesy call', although the next time I have a party with underage drinking that gets broken up, I would really appreciate one. My ex-gf's dad was a bankruptcy judge and i remember all the calls from his office would show up as 000-0000, but in our area code, so I assumed it was the same for all states, but maybe that number is reserved for the white house in the district?

QuantumLeap

If it is the White House/Government why would they be calling people? Don't they have the technology to get information on whoever without that person even knowing?

StarLord

Hey Pyro, The White House isnt looking to do you harm man, Relax!! Chill Out!!

Duder, they want to know if you will run for Vice President next term!!!

PyRo99

The White House isn't calling me Jedi? You wanna piss in that bucket? It ain't a survey, my dad picked up once. Nobody was there.

202-000-0000, wanna call it Jedi? Go 'head you'll surely be mistaken about your claims.

I ain't worried about ****. I'm gettin' annoyed by their calls. Atleast have the damned common decency to leave a message.

They've called three times, and now three times from this stupid Toll Free Number. Nobody would call toll free three times.

And if the White House was looking to harm me, they would've done so. Whatevers going on, is just getting on my final nerves.

Darkwolf

Pyro, These hangups are explainable. In any telemarketing operation these days, they use batch dialers. That means that the phone dials five or six numbers, and hangs up on all but the first one to answer. Annoying as heck, but they aren't out to get you.

StarLord

It can ALSO be that what ever system being used is ONLY verifying that your number is not answered by a modem which would kick that number out of the system. Want to get rid of those kind of calls? Hook your phone up to a fax machine. Bet they stop in a week or two.

JediStryker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"PyRo99\")</div>
The White House isn't calling me Jedi? You wanna piss in that bucket? It ain't a survey, my dad picked up once. Nobody was there.

202-000-0000, wanna call it Jedi? ?Go 'head you'll surely be mistaken about your claims.

I ain't worried about ****. ?I'm gettin' annoyed by their calls. ?Atleast have the damned common decency to leave a message.

They've called three times, and now three times from this stupid Toll Free Number. ?Nobody would call toll free three times.

And if the White House was looking to harm me, they would've done so. Whatevers going on, is just getting on my final nerves.[/b]

lol "Piss in that bucket"?

I'm not saying that you're lying, and I know what that number dials. What I'm saying is that the White House is not "calling you", as in, if anyone is being called, it's your parents. I mean, that's not even the number to the "White House", it's a number to the switchboard. So it's not as if you're being surveillanced, as much as I know you would love that.

People get calls from that number sometimes. It's nothing worth getting upset about.

PyRo99

Alright, I'm going to say this one more time.

My father picked up the phone once when they called, said hello a few times no response, so he hung up. Would they not have asked for my mother had they wanted something? Or why would they be calling at all heavenly hours?

3/11- 12:06 P.M. (I believe)

3/11- 3:59

3/16 - 5:18

On the eleventh, I was the only one home, I came home early from school due to the Ohio Graduation Testing being over with.

Yesterday evening, I was the only one home again due to the fact that my parents were at a funeral in Cincinatti. My brother was also not home due to the fact being at the Gym.

Why are they calling at these times? And what have my parents done, Jedi? They aren't on any ****list, they're a sheeple. What have they got to exploit? The key word I am looking for, is nothing. They are the "Typical American"; however they do stray away at times.

Also explain to me how I am being called by the same damned Toll Free Number consistently. They called yesterday 15 minutes after the White House called, and about an hour before the White House called on 3/11. They also called today, at 10:21. Who would call our house toll free consistently? My family would call with their cell phones, and I haven't ever seen a toll free call appear before the White House started calling. Merely an observation, I'm not trying to connect anything.

I'm sorry I don't take things as face value, and I look beyond. However this was not warranted:

So it's not as if you're being surveillanced, as much as I know you would love that.

Also, I realize that it goes through a switchboard. Do not treat me as I am ignorant. I realize that they use the 202-000-0000 as their alias number. However, the Switchboard operator only changes the outgoing number, nothing more. The call was made from the interior of the White House, period. Challenge as you wish, facts remain clear.

Am I getting upset? No, I'm wondering why they called in the first place. If it was a mistake, it would've only happend once, not three times. I even told someone else, if they called once more, then they wanted something. Sure enough they called later that day, after I made the comment of them wanting something.

Fax machine was already hooked up, downstairs Starlord.

And I haven't said once that they're out to get me, I want answers why they are calling.

Also, I read it on ANOTHER site, that it was for Federal Surveillance, from their research, not mine. I've already tried calling the number back, you just get the damned Switchboard Operator.

StarLord

OK kool your fax machine is hooked up down stairs. My BET is if you let the fax machine answer that phone with the accompanying 'tweedle' of a modem looking for a 'electronic' hand shake, they take your # of the automatic list and it will be over in a week.