Who here has been called by the White House?

BubbuClinton

Re: Who here has been called by the White House?

Most telemarketing or collection companies use auto-dialer programs. Basically, they ring a phone and wait for a response, if it is human, they may or maynot aswer depending on wether the operation got another live body. The Dialer will call 5 to 10 calls at once and the telemarketer takes the first one. The others go dead. They also can spoof telephone numbers. Some times they use fake names that are local in the area like a university, other times they leave it blank it shows up as 000-0000. The area code would be a function of where the dialer originated from. This is becoming more prevalent with the advent of VoIp and soft switches. All company needs to do is purchase a trunk line and they call as many phones as they wish with out federal switch control.

Then again, it may be the white house.

Bubbu

Crosstika

I wouldn't put anything past the bush administration nowadays, these nutbags are out of control. Don't answer the phone man. I'm not answering mine.

PyRo99

I am going to head this off, yet again.

My brain does not think logically. I see all the options at once, and I don't decide until more information comes.

However, you will not ever know, because the only ones that do know, is the person whom called from the White House. Whomever it may be, someone with posistion to some reporter, hell do I care. If they need me, they know where I am if they got my number I'm sure they can get far more.

As Jedistryker pointed out, I would love for the White House to tap my lines. If they did indeed tap it with their callings, and I find out we may have issues.

To be quite blunt, I don't give a damn if the White House is calling to say they're charging me with Treason. Whatever the White House's purpose for calling is the White House's Purpose. I ain't gunna meddle in their bull**** because I ain't gunna try and draw a target on my back.

Would be amusing though, if they did want something; sad at the same time though.

Crosstika

Well, I think the Bush administration hates the american people regardless if we snoop in their stuff. I think they're targeting anyone american. They start calling my house and I'm getting a new line.

StarLord

I usually am very friendly when telemarketers call at night and during my dinner. I will play it three ways. If they are nice and kind, I thank them for calling and wish them a good night and hang up (their doing a job and cold sales is one of THE MOST SUCKY jobs out there) If they are pushy I ask if they can hold on for a second and then put the phone down and walk away. If they are rude I ask them for their home phone #, when they ask why I reply "So I can call you during your supper time and bother you" & then hang up.

Darkwolf

Hey star, its also amusing to pretend that you are retarded, really stoned, or insane. A favirot of mine is to try to convert them to a non existant religion.

[email protected]

This one is easy to explain. Some kid is using http://www.covertcall.com to prank call you. I use this and it is really fun. It costs 5 cents a minute for the caller which is why they never answer ;). It allows you to spoof ANY phone number including 911, 411, and the White House. I love calling my friends from 911 and Bill Gates' number lol.

WTF

I used to do a lot research into the paranormal and government conspiracies and such. Well, for awhile I got really into researching the government type stuff on the net... then one day I received a very unpleasant visitor at work. Now I try to be a little more careful of what I say and what sites I go to...

...as for the phone calls, a few years ago I briefly worked for a telemarketing firm, several blank calls would go out just to see what time people answered their phones at. As far as the 202 000-0000 number is concerned, it's a little odd.

The_Ruffneck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"[email protected]\")</div>
This one is easy to explain. Some kid is using http://www.covertcall.com to prank call you. I use this and it is really fun. It costs 5 cents a minute for the caller which is why they never answer ;). It allows you to spoof ANY phone number including 911, 411, and the White House. I love calling my friends from 911 and Bill Gates' number lol.[/b]
i'm not sure which i find more amusing : the phone service you mentioned or the fact you are still doing prank calls at 41 years of age :)