Why Paranormalis is the best forum around...

Justinian

You know, I'm sure that most of us belong to more than just one forum. I belong to dozens. But I don't post on them. The company they keep is horrible. People want to do nothing but prove you wrong at every turn. I like hanging out here because even though we all have varied opinions on pretty much everything, nobody is trying to be right 100% of the time. There are no grammar checkers on here correcting everyone all the time, nobody whining that somebody spelled something wrong. It's really refreshing. I hadn't been here in a long time until about 6 months or so ago when I got the admin email that things had changed, and I'm really glad I came back. I've since left a few other forums because you can't just post something without it feeling like you just chummed in the sharks. Here, I feel like I can and sometimes do post whatever it is I'm thinking at the time and nobody cares. If it's something that people seem to not be interested in, nobody posts on it. You don't get hit with posts following of how stupid it was to post your ideas. I'm old school, pre-internet generation. My generation had the unfortunate or fortunate, life experience to grow up with the internet. meaning we've watched the internet go from phone modems to broadband. And sometimes I just still haven't acclimated to some 12 yr old punk thinking he's tough and trying to bully me. I'm more.. Jay and Silent Bob where they travel around the country punching all the 12yr olds in the face for trash talking them online. Although once I had a friend that had a tracking program that if you were in yahoo chat with someone you could trace them down to within a few blocks of where they were located. That was fun to play with. But.. to all the people on here... Thanks.

TnWatchdog

Your right J with your assessment...although I did correct Loopi's spelling on the word game...darn. It is great not to be bitched at after every post...after all I was married once. lol
This is a great site and habit forming!

BlastTyrant

I really do like it here, this has been the only place i have ever found to be Friendly when it comes to the topics we all talk about here, Everyone is willing to believe you and trust you even if you have no proof, "Or in my case messed up dreams :LOL:" Everyone is willing to read what you say and give honest responses and that is really nice.

I know i am like a few here where we really have no one to seriously talk about the Paranormal subjects with out being ridiculed or called crazy, hell i cant talk to my friends about any of this with out being called crazy so i don't get to talk about it often. Thats why it is so nice here and so refreshing to get all of my knowledge off my chest and my thoughts off my mind to a group of people who truly care and are interested!

And i Thank you all for the Warm community and the constant supply of conversation and friendly arguments that keep a old Ghost Hunter and Alien fanatic coming back every day to see what has been posted. And i really do consider all of you my Friends.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I believe that you like Paranormalis for the right reasons. Those reasons are obviously some of the main ideas behind what and how I think a paranormal website should be.

This place owns, thanks to everyone of you guys, taking part in the discussion and allowing Paranormalis to be what it is here and now.

Thanks for being with us! :)

Justinian

You know.. I don't really like to advertise that I work overseas. I'm not asking for sympathy or any kind of thanks. Because I'm here for the money, plain and simple. Even though I'm a huge conspiracy theorist(some of it with good reason), I'm a patriot to my country first. If POTUS came to me tomorrow and asked if I'd give up my life for this country. As much as I don't agree with the man, I respect the position. And I'd do it in a hearbeat.

That being said only to lead up to why I posted this. I recently purchased a taxi business back home. So soon I will be leaving here for good and goign home to kind of retire. So I've never really had a real hobby. So I've been reading about different time wasters. I finally decided I wanted to learn to paint little miniature wargaming figures and eventually learn to play. So I've never done this before, and I spent the last few weeks researching all the components. Well, I order all the stuff I would need. Except apparently the primer paint I should use is to be flat paint. Well you can't ship spray paint internationally. So I had to use what I could get locally from the Afghanies. Which was enamel paint which is really shiny. So I go about painting my little guys and I get the first day out of the way and I decide I'm going to post the pictures in celebration on this one forum for this game and show the world my first ever attempt at painting little guys. Well, the first guy to post started with suggestions.. do this, do that. So I'm going.. okay okay.. and he starts with.. you used enamel paint.. don't use that. So I respond that I know.. but I can't get flat paint. So he responds with everyone can get flat paint.. I say no.. I can only get what the Afghanies can get me and trying to use hand gestures and translators to explain what i wanted wasnt' working. not like I can just go downtown to walmart and get it you know.. So next guy posts.. doesnt read the previous threads and says I'm doing it all wrong and that I didnt research too much beforehand if I used enamel and not flat paint. so again i post that I can't get flat paint. So he offers to mail me some and makes a comment that.. Everyone can get flat paint.. what do you live in a third world country or something? And that kind of set me off.. I said, umm yes I do actually. Hence using the term Afghanie in the previous post. So I deleted the whole thread on there and then hadn't logged into the site in like a week cause I'm done on there. Stupid people wanting to post criticism is one thing and i can handle it.. but when i have to post the same thing over and over on 4 seperate occassions.. its frustrating. And then there was a big battle on there that ensued after i left. it was just awful.

So I was feeling all sentimental and realized that here is the only place that I can really just post the first thing off the tip of my tongue and everyone is good with it. You may not agree and might post something afterwards of why you don't agree, but it's never a tyrade of anyone calling anyone a dummy for believing what they believe. This is the best forum on the web. I think that one reason IMHO, is that there aren't a whole lot of us that post continuously and we're kind of a small community here which I like. We don't get a lot of random jerks coming to ruin our parade.

Loopi

The Bearded One
@jdetterline, Couldn't agree more, not too many pass judgement here. It still does happens to some of us more than others. But honestly, that'll never grind me down... even when I get hounded to explain the word I choose in WA... In GREAT detail. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@TnWatchdog No worries, sir! Your comments are always welcome. P.s It's You're* right J with your assessment... LOL

@Numenorean7 Truth. This place does own.

Cheers,
Loopi

Justinian

If I weren't a manly man, I'd say I was gonna tear up and cry a little.. :p :sick:

and meh to corrections.. they do need to happen from time to time.. most of the time though I think we just all understand that none of us ever use spell check. I think you'll find me typing teh instead of the in a bunch of my posts.

TnWatchdog

@jdetterline, Couldn't agree more, not too many pass judgement here. It still does happens to some of us more than others. But honestly, that'll never grind me down... even when I get hounded to explain the word I choose in WA... In GREAT detail. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@TnWatchdog No worries, sir! Your comments are always welcome. P.s It's You're* right J with your assessment... LOL

@Numenorean7 Truth. This place does own.

Cheers,
Loopi
Darn...I let a misspelled word get by me! lol

BlastTyrant

You know.. I don't really like to advertise that I work overseas. I'm not asking for sympathy or any kind of thanks. Because I'm here for the money, plain and simple. Even though I'm a huge conspiracy theorist(some of it with good reason), I'm a patriot to my country first. If POTUS came to me tomorrow and asked if I'd give up my life for this country. As much as I don't agree with the man, I respect the position. And I'd do it in a hearbeat.

That being said only to lead up to why I posted this. I recently purchased a taxi business back home. So soon I will be leaving here for good and goign home to kind of retire. So I've never really had a real hobby. So I've been reading about different time wasters. I finally decided I wanted to learn to paint little miniature wargaming figures and eventually learn to play. So I've never done this before, and I spent the last few weeks researching all the components. Well, I order all the stuff I would need. Except apparently the primer paint I should use is to be flat paint. Well you can't ship spray paint internationally. So I had to use what I could get locally from the Afghanies. Which was enamel paint which is really shiny. So I go about painting my little guys and I get the first day out of the way and I decide I'm going to post the pictures in celebration on this one forum for this game and show the world my first ever attempt at painting little guys. Well, the first guy to post started with suggestions.. do this, do that. So I'm going.. okay okay.. and he starts with.. you used enamel paint.. don't use that. So I respond that I know.. but I can't get flat paint. So he responds with everyone can get flat paint.. I say no.. I can only get what the Afghanies can get me and trying to use hand gestures and translators to explain what i wanted wasnt' working. not like I can just go downtown to walmart and get it you know.. So next guy posts.. doesnt read the previous threads and says I'm doing it all wrong and that I didnt research too much beforehand if I used enamel and not flat paint. so again i post that I can't get flat paint. So he offers to mail me some and makes a comment that.. Everyone can get flat paint.. what do you live in a third world country or something? And that kind of set me off.. I said, umm yes I do actually. Hence using the term Afghanie in the previous post. So I deleted the whole thread on there and then hadn't logged into the site in like a week cause I'm done on there. Stupid people wanting to post criticism is one thing and i can handle it.. but when i have to post the same thing over and over on 4 seperate occassions.. its frustrating. And then there was a big battle on there that ensued after i left. it was just awful.

So I was feeling all sentimental and realized that here is the only place that I can really just post the first thing off the tip of my tongue and everyone is good with it. You may not agree and might post something afterwards of why you don't agree, but it's never a tyrade of anyone calling anyone a dummy for believing what they believe. This is the best forum on the web. I think that one reason IMHO, is that there aren't a whole lot of us that post continuously and we're kind of a small community here which I like. We don't get a lot of random jerks coming to ruin our parade.
Where is back home for you?