Why Paranormalis is the best forum around...

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
@jdetterline, Couldn't agree more, not too many pass judgement here. It still does happens to some of us more than others. But honestly, that'll never grind me down... even when I get hounded to explain the word I choose in WA... In GREAT detail. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@TnWatchdog No worries, sir! Your comments are always welcome. P.s It's You're* right J with your assessment... LOL

@Numenorean7 Truth. This place does own.

Cheers,
Loopi
Darn...I let a misspelled word get by me! lol

TnWatchdog, My word problem is: I think faster, than I type,
so I lost words in the middle of sentences at times.

Loopi, I think your words come from the dictionary and than next you throw darts and whichever word is hit by the dart point, is your next posted word. Keep the great postings up, this old guy who just have to try to understand the connections between your words and the posted word previously. LOL

Professor Opmmur

Loopi

The Bearded One
TnWatchdog, My word problem is: I think faster, than I type,
so I lost words in the middle of sentences at times.

Loopi, I think your words come from the dictionary and than next you throw darts and whichever word is hit by the dart point, is your next posted word. Keep the great postings up, this old guy who just have to try to understand the connections between your words and the posted word previously. LOL

Professor Opmmur

Alas, No dartboard or Dictionary, my friend. Simply, the grey matter between my ears.

Justinian

I guess PA is home. It's where I was born and just bought my house and business. But I've been around the block a time or two.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Interesting story jdetterline. I definitely know that feel. I used to post a while ago on different forums about various subjects like video games, conspiracies, etc etc. The kind of behavior you described in your post can be found pretty much everywhere for a while now. It's what makes people go away from forum message boards. It happened to me several times as well. Even on here, a very long time ago! lol

If we decide to think about it even further, we can end up talking about forum bullies and community elitism. These 2 things are a plague to a lot of forums.

Justinian

Yup and apparently I read the other day about a new term called "necro". I guess it's bad form on some forums to post one something that is more than so many months old. I was looking for some video game cheats and the term came up. I always thought it was better form to post on something a year old than to make a new post for the same subject.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Also know as thread resurrection. I understand that it can bother some forum admins, but I don't mind it here.

The kind of discussion we enjoy makes it so that having a year or a month long gap in a topic probably won't affect the upcoming discussion in any way. So why start yet another thread about it?

I've seen an admin ban people over that, once on some board I don't remember.

respect.truth

Has anyone else noticed that this place is becoming a haven for bible bashers?? And a certain hard headed emotional person becoming a moderator, bad move. I think religion can be used as a partial guide but, to have it as fact.. Well.

Justinian

Coming from someone that appears to mostly lurk judging by the amount of posts you make. I don't think your opinion counts. :p JK. But on a serious note, I'm 100% Atheist. And I think we know you're talking about Sam as she is the only one that is a moderator. And I fully respect her opinions on how she feels about her religion. I'm not sure why you start your post out saying there are Bible bashers here and then talk bad about Sam's take on religion.. Unless you mean Bible thumper meaning touting the Bible at every turn. In which case, that's fine. You can go through my posts and see where we've had debates and questions with Sam about religion and she NEVER once in any time I've gone back and forth with her tried to sway anyone to her way of thinking. So to call her something like that.. I think that's uncalled for. There is nothing wrong with how she talks about her beliefs. Those of us here that don't believe feel free to talk about God not being real and making other comments about NOT believing.. So what's wrong with Sam talking about believing? I've seen more posts in here belonging to people saying God isn't real than not. And she is pretty much the only person on here speaking out against it and declaring her faith so I think that might be why you're noticing her. PLUS.. look how much she posts.. If I posted as much as she does I'm sure I'd be more noticed too.

BUT.. its the internet so type away about how you feel, it's why we all come here.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Bible bashers, as you call them have the right to post, just like the Bible followers, as long as they respect the rules. Paranormalis is infact a haven for everyone who's open to discuss outside the box, no matter what they think of the Bible.

There's a thread in the Paranormalis Announcements section on top of the forum if you want to post you concerns. About Sam becoming a moderator.

This thread here, is a positive feedback thread, let's try to keep it that way.

--Num7

P.S: JD! You beat me to it!

Justinian

Let me just add.. that without differing opinions.. this would be Chinese internet. So embrace the differences, it's what makes the internet so great.

Num7.. HAHA.

And I think that if you go through the posts, and subtract Sam's posts just to see what it's like on Paranormalis without her.. that a lot of sections would be dead.

Although.. I don't think I can recall Sam posting anything in any of the bacon sections.. Maybe she really is EVIL? LOL.

I love Pnormis because this is such an eclectic group of people that can all get together on here and discuss things that are close to our hearts and not like what was said and yet come back the next day and calmly discuss another subject without bleedover in the posts.