Debate Why people choose to go bad

Beholder

If a good person is only given attention when doing something bad, I assume that the person would eventually do bad things for the negative attention, stopping at different levels of evil depending on what one is capable of. What is the deciding event starting the divergence from good to bad?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
If a good person is only given attention when doing something bad, I assume that the person would eventually do bad things for the negative attention, stopping at different levels of evil depending on what one is capable of. What is the deciding event starting the divergence from good to bad?

Mental illness is probably a factor.

BlastTyrant

Lots of reasons i am sure

Being Bad is easier than being Good.
Maybe they were Good all their life and never had anything good happen to them so they started to be bad
Maybe being Good was just too much work all the time, always smiling trying to help, etc and being bad and not helping was just much easier.
Maybe people made the Good guy Bad, tell someone who is good enough times that he is bad he will start to think it and act on it.
A life event could change a Good guy, think of the Punisher or any revenge story for that matter.

8thsinner

This world is programmed to allow so called bad things to go unchallenged, if we're talking the classic definition of what bad and evil is and realize there is really neither, only contraction off and expansion off soul level connection, ie closer to and farther from source.
Its only in the movies where bad guys get chased down and either put away or the story kills them implying justice. In reality, you can steal, rob, harm and kill people, and so long as you know how the system is corrupt you will get away with it. The system is intolerant of stupid evil though, in order to get away with it you have to be smart too. Or at least be around some that are.
As blast says, it is easier.
Look at all the people in history that have found hundreds of ways to cure cancers and provide free energy to uplift the planet, they get murdered or otherwise destroyed, but at the same time governments, the un, who, fema, and other militaries are all sent in regularly to kill innocent people or to steal oil, or land or some shit and they get away with it time and time again.

Theres a lot of factors happening at personal levels but I believe one of the biggest is, its just easier. This world is and has been for sometime very inverted. You can't even smack people upside the head with the truth but they will believe a lie like its gospel, partially because it is spread like gospel.

Wind7

Staff
I believe Good and evil are somewhat subjective.

Our world is in the process of eradicating our own history and moralities.
Everything is becoming re-defined for our own...good.... :rolleyes:

(Shudder)

OakFieldAlienz444

Lots of reasons i am sure

Being Bad is easier than being Good.
Maybe they were Good all their life and never had anything good happen to them so they started to be bad
Maybe being Good was just too much work all the time, always smiling trying to help, etc and being bad and not helping was just much easier.
Maybe people made the Good guy Bad, tell someone who is good enough times that he is bad he will start to think it and act on it.
A life event could change a Good guy, think of the Punisher or any revenge story for that matter.

definitely all of the above.