Would you prefer to experience time backwards?

Beholder

With forward time, you are slowly deteriorating physically but growing more mature and experienced, having to grieve losing your skills at the end.

With backward time (only remembering the future), you begin as old and immature, slowly becoming both more healthy and wise from what has not yet happened, until you lose everything at once from becoming a fetus.

Mayhem

Zenith
This is a very interesting question, to add extra complexity to it to be able to have both at once and somehow distinguish between the two.

Beholder

This is a very interesting question, to add extra complexity to it to be able to have both at once and somehow distinguish between the two.
One could probably cheat a bit by keeping a diary, but it will feel like someone else's past while not accessing long term memory of the past.

Mayhem

Zenith
Maybe so, when i read the title i started typing and then stopped. I thought it read would you prefer to go forward or back in time.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
With forward time, you are slowly deteriorating physically but growing more mature and experienced, having to grieve losing your skills at the end.

With backward time (only remembering the future), you begin as old and immature, slowly becoming both more healthy and wise from what has not yet happened, until you lose everything at once from becoming a fetus.
Did it occur to you that we might already be experiencing time in reverse? We really have no way to determine which way is forward or backward.

Wind7

Staff
Did it occur to you that we might already be experiencing time in reverse? We really have no way to determine which way is forward or backward.

Much harder to erase our history when it's being lived and re-lived at the same time.

Intriguing.

Beholder

I don't think time has a direction other what we percieve from the causality affecting which side we remember. Just like we decide what is down based on the local pull of gravity from earth, causality may point in multiple directions.

Last edited: