Your scariest experience

walt willis

I was in a M-113 testing it to see if it could float across a pond...It sunk to the bottom and we had to wait for a rescue as water was starting to come up our feet and legs. Everyone's eyes were wide open and white with worry as the clock kept ticking.

I guess we were afraid that the divers would take too long to drag the tank out before we all drowned.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Well, I thought about it , and almost decided on the Jeep versus T-rex chase scene in Jurassic Park. It was like I was there. Sweating bullets and getting ready to dump my last load. But that got me thinking. There was one time where I was literally running for my life. I was out on a college campus basket ball court practicing on hovering a radio controlled helicopter. I had it hovering during a nose in hover position. At the time the helicopter had a three foot rotor span. This thing could actually chop you up into bits if it ever hit you. So there was always the ever present element of fear while learning to fly these aircraft. Anyway for some unknown reason the nose of the helicopter dipped down and the chopper started to fly right toward me. I panicked and started to run. But I wasn't winning. The chopper was getting closer and closer. I had to calm down just a bit to see if I could figure out which way to push the control sticks to save my ass. My heart was racing a mile a minute. It was a do or die situation. My mind was clouded with fear. Which made it very hard to concentrate. But the thought came to mind to deliberately crash the mother fucker. So I did. I pushed the right control stick full forward. Which caused the helicopter to fly downward straight into the ground. I could feel crash debris hit me in the back of my legs as the helicopter disintegrated into a mangled mess. I still remember that day coincided with a day in history you all may recall as well. It was the day the space shuttle challenger blew up on launch.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
This story is for all of the time travel want to be’s!

This is not my story; it’s about a friend of mine, who has now passed on. My friend had a very scary event happened to him about 25 years ago. He was playing around with some electronics equipment he had in his workshop. It had been running for some time and he saw this small flash of light, and a portal opened up to another dimension. My friend was so frightened what he had done and to test it to see if it was real “the portal hole”. There was a broom near him, he picked the broom up and threw it through the portal hole, and the broom went right through the portal hole and didn’t land on the floor behind the portal hole. Now this really almost gave him a heart attack, because he didn’t know how to close the hole or even how it opened. In a panic, he shut all of his equipment down and after a small amount of time the portal hold faded away and was never seen again.

This story is not a hoax, it really did happen to my friend,

solodroid

Well, I thought about it , and almost decided on the Jeep versus T-rex chase scene in Jurassic Park. It was like I was there. Sweating bullets and getting ready to dump my last load. But that got me thinking. There was one time where I was literally running for my life. I was out on a college campus basket ball court practicing on hovering a radio controlled helicopter. I had it hovering during a nose in hover position. At the time the helicopter had a three foot rotor span. This thing could actually chop you up into bits if it ever hit you. So there was always the ever present element of fear while learning to fly these aircraft. Anyway for some unknown reason the nose of the helicopter dipped down and the chopper started to fly right toward me. I panicked and started to run. But I wasn't winning. The chopper was getting closer and closer. I had to calm down just a bit to see if I could figure out which way to push the control sticks to save my ass. My heart was racing a mile a minute. It was a do or die situation. My mind was clouded with fear. Which made it very hard to concentrate. But the thought came to mind to deliberately crash the mother fucker. So I did. I pushed the right control stick full forward. Which caused the helicopter to fly downward straight into the ground. I could feel crash debris hit me in the back of my legs as the helicopter disintegrated into a mangled mess. I still remember that day coincided with a day in history you all may recall as well. It was the day the space shuttle challenger blew up on launch.
Lol. Thank God it never hit you. the timing was eerie though![emoji15]

solodroid

Lol. Thank God it never hit you. the timing was eerie though![emoji15]

solodroid

ROFL thank God it never hit you. Thr timing was eerie though. [emoji15]

Harte

The most scared I've ever been happened while reading Shirley Jackson's "The Haunting of Hill House."

Read the book. I had nice dark brown hair when I started it. Now it's solid white and falling out.

When I was a kid, I decorated my room with ghouls and skeletons, etc. for Halloween just for fun. I had one of those little wax skeletons that you bite the end off and drink the flavored sugar water out of. I took the empty skeleton and hung it from my ceiling by a thread.

At night, the moon shone in the window, illuminating the skeleton and it caught my eye. I became distracted by it and it was keeping me up.

So I ate it.

Harte