9/11 conspiracy

Do you believe there's a conspiracy behind the 9/11 attacks?

• Yes, I'm positive.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • It's possible, but I'm still skeptical.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Condar

Re: 9/11 Conspiracy

Something my grandmother said to me stuck with me, she said as soon as the people who were alive at the time are dead the secrets will come out. She was talking about JFK, and it seems like its true... as more and more years pass more info is be given out about his assassination, until finally one day they will tell us the truth. Maybe this will happen with 9/11, perhaps not.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I must admit that you make a point here. Bigger the event, the more time truth needs to get out. We will "maybe" know the truth... only if all those who know don't die before.

Anyway, there are so many people believing about the conspiracy, that we can be almost sure that there is one.

Condar

Well there are alot of people who believe the conspiracy theories yes. But lets take it like this, it is either because there is one, or because more and more people in this country do not believe in their government anymore. I guess the real question is which one is better?

gonzogirl

Condar said:
Well there are alot of people who believe the conspiracy theories yes. But lets take it like this, it is either because there is one, or because more and more people in this country do not believe in their government anymore. I guess the real question is which one is better?

I dont know which is better, they both freak me out,but I think its a bit of both..I know that I dont trust my current Gov in any way..
The thing that trips me up is that there would have to be a whole lot of people in on it....but then again...maybe there are people who are scared and are talking cuz the think they are in danger...I wonder how many people involved, met with an untimely death? Scary. This current administration is king of rewriting history and disinformation..The white house press are a bunch of a** kissing sissies who are not true question asking reporters..The House of Bush has made sure that 99% of our media is swayed and warped..Thanks to Rupert Murdoch and the FCC ..Now FOX NEWS owns my local city news station and I can tell the difference..makes me sick..:( I guess I want to believe one thing but my gut says..trust noone but your own self....

Harte

Numenorean7 said:
Anyway, there are so many people believing about the conspiracy, that we can be almost sure that there is one.

Numie,

Surely you jest.

Think of all the people that believed diseases were cause by foul air, divine retribution or demon possession. When germ theory came about - there were only a handful of people that believed in it. Yet it was correct, wasn't it?

The number of people that believe a thing has no bearing whatsoever on the validity of the thing.

gonzogirl said:
I dont know which is better, they both freak me out, but I think its a bit of both..I know that I dont trust my current Gov in any way..
Yakkie,

A good attitude to have. I haven't trusted the government since Goldwater retired - and hardly before that.

gonzogirl said:
The thing that trips me up is that there would have to be a whole lot of people in on it....but then again...maybe there are people who are scared and are talking cuz the think they are in danger...I wonder how many people involved, met with an untimely death? Scary.
Yes, the thing is so involved that it collapses in on itself like a couple of imploding skyscrapers.... oh, wait. :D

There's simply no way that the most involved conspiracy theories in this thing could be true. That's not to say that the gov. had no hand at all in letting it happen. Every coverup I've seen was somebody trying to cover up how come they didn't know about it before it happened or how come they didn't know enough about it to stop it or how come they didn't have a clue given all the info that people did try to get to them.

gonzogirl said:
This current administration is king of rewriting history and disinformation..The white house press are a bunch of a** kissing sissies who are not true question asking reporters..The House of Bush has made sure that 99% of our media is swayed and warped..Thanks to Rupert Murdoch and the FCC ..Now FOX NEWS owns my local city news station and I can tell the difference..makes me sick..:( I guess I want to believe one thing but my gut says..trust noone but your own self....

This hasn't changed at all since I started paying attention back in the sixties. There's nothing different about this administration - it's been this way forever.

Harte

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I accept the idea that the government had either:
1- Some knowledge of the attacks prior.
2- Some hand in deploying the attacks.

The huge convoluted conspiracy theories are hard to follow and even harder to believe, but it doesn't take much to believe that the government had something nefarious to do with it.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Harte said:
The number of people that believe a thing has no bearing whatsoever on the validity of the thing.

Yeah, you're right on that point.

But in 7 years, a lot of people thought about it, searched on the web about it, found some "evidences" time passed, etc. In my opinion, in 7 years, more and more people got convinced that there was a conspiracy. I understand that it has nothing to do with the validity of the event being a conspiracy.

But as Condar said:

Wich one is better ? In both cases, there's a big problem.

Also, as Brent said, let alone the huge conspiracies... I don't think we're talking about a big conspiracy here. Small rocks can start a big avalanche.

Num7

gonzogirl

Harte said this about the Presidency and media control.."This hasn't changed at all since I started paying attention back in the sixties. There's nothing different about this administration - it's been this way forever."

So since you can remember, All the presidents have had such control over the media?
Crap.
Well it just seems so in our face...I mean we are being screwed face to face and that makes me sick......I mean... Cheney..ick.
Well at least I still have Woodward and Bernstein.....(I guess)

Chip Lewis

Harte said:
There's simply no way that the most involved conspiracy theories in this thing could be true. That's not to say that the gov. had no hand at all in letting it happen. Every coverup I've seen was somebody trying to cover up how come they didn't know about it before it happened or how come they didn't know enough about it to stop it or how come they didn't have a clue given all the info that people did try to get to them.
Excuse me? I think I read this right...can you say it again...please?

Chip Lewis

Webnower said:
I accept the idea that the government had either:
1- Some knowledge of the attacks prior.
2- Some hand in deploying the attacks.

The huge convoluted conspiracy theories are hard to follow and even harder to believe, but it doesn't take much to believe that the government had something nefarious to do with it.
My position on government complicity comes down to what is considered government. I would not consider those who are in our government with nefarious ties to "Blackwater" or "Halliburton" (those who I believe committed these atrocities) to be the government per se.

In fact, if you think about it, the trade could have easily been made via government contracts. For instance "Hey, if you guys pull this off, we'll give you non-bid contracts that last for years upon years..."

Can you say plausible deniability?

So was the government involved? No.

Has our government paid for the job well done? Yes...