A simple experiment

I should clarify. In the context of the quote and with no other context, he is a fool to suggest that gathering unrelated knowledge is useless. I was not implying that he was a fool at everything.
He wasn't suggesting that. He just suggested he gathers only useful information.
The fool is the trump card. The Fool (Tarot card) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the contrary, read the quote again. That's exactly what he's suggesting.

"What the deuce is it to me?" he interrupted impatiently; "you say that we go round the sun. If we went round the moon it would not make a pennyworth of difference to me or to my work."
73ze8By.png

Here's the Star of David, the Morning Star of Ishtar, and a Rainbow all in one. Does it surprise you that not every animal can experience a rainbow?
But every human can identify one. Brilliant.

“And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth… But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. And behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and everything that is in the earth shall die. But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark…” – (Gen.6:5,7,8,17,18). And Noah builded an altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And the Lord smelled a sweet savor, and the Lord said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man’s sake; for the imagination of man’s heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease” – (Gen.8:20-22).

“And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood… And God said, this is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you… for perpetual generations: I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud. And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. And God said unto Noah, this is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth” – (Gen.9:11-17).

“And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone; and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald” – (Rev.4:3).

Revelations 22:15-16
15 Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying. 16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star." 17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.

Ayasano

Does it surprise you that not every animal can experience a rainbow?

Except the ones who are 100% colourblind, ie. see the world in true greyscale, not red/green colourblind. Of course, you could argue that even they can make out the gradient, in which case I would argue that so too can a colorblind animal.

But here's something that might surprise you. Other animals, and even some humans with Aphakia (Aphakia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) can see ultraviolet light, which extends the visible portion of a rainbow.

Incidentally, Geologists and other scientists have long since disproved that Noah's flood happened in any literal sense.

I should clarify. In the context of the quote and with no other context, he is a fool to suggest that gathering unrelated knowledge is useless. I was not implying that he was a fool at everything.
He wasn't suggesting that. He just suggested he gathers only useful information.
The fool is the trump card. The Fool (Tarot card) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On the contrary, read the quote again. That's exactly what he's suggesting.

"What the deuce is it to me?" he interrupted impatiently; "you say that we go round the sun. If we went round the moon it would not make a pennyworth of difference to me or to my work."
He's only suggesting he collects information useful to him and the object of his pursuits; he is the predator of predators: he is an inquisitor of the mysterious and a puzzle-solver. That's why I mentioned that thing about
"I suppose that's why his arch nemesis has a PhD in non-Euclidean geometries..."
because he is a grounded-star: astrology makes no difference to his field of work because it is irrelevant;
his field of work is composed around the remnants of pieces to the truth.
He reads FICTION, because of the plot device; even that is more relevant, as he IS SEARCHING for the PLOT DEVICE, a protagonist, and a pilot of the esoteric artifice against the grandeur and salivation of the contemptuous souls that reap and rip the mortal plane. He is a detective.

So no, he wasn't suggesting "unrelated knowledge is useless", just that knowledge unrelated to his work is useless, so he elegantly gathers knowledge only useful to his work.

Ayasano

So no, he wasn't suggesting "unrelated knowledge is useless", just that knowledge unrelated to his work is useless, so he elegantly gathers knowledge only useful to his work.

But that's exactly what I'm saying. He's saying knowledge unrelated to his work is useless, but he can't possibly know if a particular piece of knowledge might not come in useful later. At the very least, it might trigger a "eureka" moment, and at most it might provide a vital clue.

Does it surprise you that not every animal can experience a rainbow?

Except the ones who are 100% colourblind, ie. see the world in true greyscale, not red/green colourblind. Of course, you could argue that even they can make out the gradient, in which case I would argue that so too can a colorblind animal.

But here's something that might surprise you. Other animals, and even some humans with Aphakia (Aphakia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) can see ultraviolet light, which extends the visible portion of a rainbow.

Incidentally, Geologists and other scientists have long since disproved that Noah's flood happened in any literal sense.
"in which case I would argue that so too can a colorblind animal."
except it's not about "being colorblind", it is about the structure of the retina, and cone/rod cells, and the interpretation of the light.

"Incidentally, Geologists and other scientists have long since disproved that Noah's flood happened in any literal sense."
Right, because you're ignoring the facet of the divine apparatus to affirm a disjuncture against that which has been accounted for.
Gilgamesh flood myth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1280px-The_fish_avatara_of_Vishnu_saves_Manu_during_the_great_deluge.jpg

I'm sure you'd also say that the first atomic bomb went off 1945/06/16.
And the first moon landing operation was 1969/06/16.

Ayasano

except it's not about "being colorblind", it is about the structure of the retina, and cone/rod cells, and the interpretation of the light.

Then no, it wouldn't surprise me. That's just how evolution goes.

"Incidentally, Geologists and other scientists have long since disproved that Noah's flood happened in any literal sense."
Right, because you're ignoring the facet of the divine apparatus to affirm a disjuncture against that which has been accounted for.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here because the words don't seem to mean what you think they do.

Noah's flood cannot have happened exactly as it was described in the Bible because the geologic evidence doesn't match up. It would have had to have happened over much longer timescales than a human lifespan.

Well, the first self-sustaining man-made nuclear reaction was Chicago Pile-1, but that wasn't weaponized so I supose it couldn't be considered a bomb. (Chicago Pile-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) You might also consider early supernovae as "nuclear bombs" in a sense, but again, they were neither man-made nor weaponized.

The first "lunar landing" would be the Soviet spacecraft, Luna 2, in a very literal sense. ( Luna 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) The first manned landing would indeed be in 1969 though, yes.

Then no, it wouldn't surprise me. That's just how evolution goes.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here because the words don't seem to mean what you think they do.

Noah's flood cannot have happened exactly as it was described in the Bible because the geologic evidence doesn't match up. It would have had to have happened over much longer timescales than a human lifespan.

Well, the first self-sustaining man-made nuclear reaction was Chicago Pile-1, but that wasn't weaponized so I supose it couldn't be considered a bomb. (Chicago Pile-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) You might also consider early supernovae as "nuclear bombs" in a sense, but again, they were neither man-made nor weaponized.

The first "lunar landing" would be the Soviet spacecraft, Luna 2, in a very literal sense. ( Luna 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) The first manned landing would indeed be in 1969 though, yes.
"The first manned landing would indeed be in 1969 though, yes."
Is that why there's structures up there that predate USA? Or why we have satellites in polar orbit predating sputnik?

"Well, the first self-sustaining man-made nuclear reaction was Chicago Pile-1, but that wasn't weaponized so I supose it couldn't be considered a bomb. (Chicago Pile-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) You might also consider early supernovae as "nuclear bombs" in a sense, but again, they were neither man-made nor weaponized."

“Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana,
hurled a single projectile
charged with the power of the Universe.

An incandescent column of smoke and flame,
as bright as ten thousand suns,
rose with all its splendour.

It was an unknown weapon,
an iron thunderbolt,
a gigantic messenger of death,
which reduced to ashes
the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned
as to be unrecognizable.

Hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
and the birds turned white.

…After a few hours
all foodstuffs were infected…
…to escape from this fire
the soldiers threw themselves in streams
to wash themselves and their equipment.”

A second passage.

“Dense arrows of flame,
like a great shower,
issued forth upon creation,
encompassing the enemy.
A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.
All points of the compass were lost in darkness.
Fierce wind began to blow
Clouds roared upward,
showering dust and gravel.

Birds croaked madly…
the very elements seemed disturbed.
The sun seemed to waver in the heavens
The earth shook,
scorched by the terrible violent heat of this weapon.

Elephants burst into flame
and ran to and fro in a frenzy…
over a vast area,
other animals crumpled to the ground and died.
From all points of the compass
the arrows of flame rained continuously and fiercely.” — The Mahabharata

From the Ramayana
“(It was a weapon) so powerful
that it could destroy the earth in an instant–
A great soaring sound in smoke and flames–
And on it sits death…” . — The Ramayana

Ayasano

Is that why there's structures up there that predate USA? Or why we have satellites in polar orbit predating sputnik?

Would you mind pointing me to some evidence for that claim? Because as far as I'm aware there are no such objects in either case.

"Well, the first self-sustaining man-made nuclear reaction was Chicago Pile-1, but that wasn't weaponized so I supose it couldn't be considered a bomb. (Chicago Pile-1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) You might also consider early supernovae as "nuclear bombs" in a sense, but again, they were neither man-made nor weaponized."

an iron thunderbolt,
which reduced to ashes

as to be unrecognizable.

Hair and nails fell out;

…After a few hours

A second passage.

“Dense arrows of flame,
like a great shower,
encompassing the enemy.
Clouds roared upward,

Birds croaked madly…
The earth shook,

over a vast area,

From the Ramayana

That does sound very remiscent of a meteorite, possibly one containing highly radioactive materials, and is a good example of when ancient history is useful. (Note the talk of projectiles and dense arrows of flame, it sounds a lot like an airbust very close to the ground)

Compare that with this footage, as well as descriptions of the Tunguska event.

Would you mind pointing me to some evidence for that claim? Because as far as I'm aware there are no such objects in either case.

an iron thunderbolt,
which reduced to ashes

as to be unrecognizable.

Hair and nails fell out;

…After a few hours

A second passage.

“Dense arrows of flame,
like a great shower,
encompassing the enemy.
Clouds roared upward,

Birds croaked madly…
The earth shook,

over a vast area,

From the Ramayana

That does sound very remiscent of a meteorite, possibly one containing highly radioactive materials, and is a good example of when ancient history is useful. (Note the talk of projectiles and dense arrows of flame, it sounds a lot like an airbust very close to the ground)

Compare that with this footage, as well as descriptions of the Tunguska event.

Yeah, ancient history is useful. Like the Mahabharata that details the accounts of a divine war and atomic warfare very clearly. A powerful vimana is a FLYING DEVICE, literally, like a flying saucer...

Why are you on paranormalis if you're going to be so profusely normal and conforming to disinformation by rejecting what has come before you?

"(We'll assume that your future self doesn't track you down directly to talk to you, because they either aren't allowed, or you're difficult to find)"
I met my future self on the moon.
tumblr_lf38l1BZJi1qgnpzuo1_500.jpg

Have you ever been to Atlantis? Or would you dismiss that as just a story, too?
If you want to know more, Meet Me On 8998 Oceania Boulevard . . .

Ayasano

Yeah, ancient history is useful. Like the Mahabharata that details the accounts of a divine war and atomic warfare very clearly. A powerful vimana is a FLYING DEVICE, literally, like a flying saucer...

To me, it read more as a description of a radioactive airburst meteorite, not divine war or nuclear warfare. Given that it dates to thousands of years ago, that seems a little more likely, don't you think?

Why are you on paranormalis if you're going to be so profusely normal and conforming to disinformation by rejecting what has come before you?

"(We'll assume that your future self doesn't track you down directly to talk to you, because they either aren't allowed, or you're difficult to find)"

You sort of contradicted yourself there by quoting me. The average person's guy reaction would be that time travel is a fantasy, and we would probably be labeled as crazy for pursuing it.

I could ask you why you're so incapable of acknowledging the mountain of evidence against your beliefs, and conforming to religious doctrine, but I don't, because you're not my enemy and I don't stoop to ad hominems.

I met my future self on the moon.
I'll assume this is a metaphor, or the result of some kind of hallucinogenic drug trip, and not a literal visit to the moon. Did you respect your Elder?

Have you ever been to Atlantis? Or would you dismiss that as just a story, too?

I think it's perfectly believable that an island nation could have sunk beneath the ocean due to some cataclysmic event. And due to said sinking, no, I have not visited Atlantis. If I was able to visit it, I woudn't dismiss it as a story, would I? I'd record my visit and share it with the world.

If you want to know more, Meet Me On 8998 Oceania Boulevard . . .

That would be difficult, given that I don't live in the US.