A simple experiment

I will never have all the answers, that's the fun of it. As far as my goals, those will change. At the moment, my goal is just to survive and make money until bigger options open up, as well as experiencing interesting things. When the bigger options open up, all of time and space is the limit. (And perhaps beyond)
The infinite creator has all the answers.

My goals are to abolish "money" because it's currently a scam, to help everyone survive as best I can, to spread peace and love to all beings. Because we need it so, so bad here on Earth.

Scarlet005

For most people this experiment will be entirely useless, but as a transhumanist I have every intention of living a long, long time, and maybe in that time I'll discover time travel, or meet someone who has. Perhaps one of you will post a similar beacon here and receive a message with the private passphrase. Who knows?

Edit: In an interesting note, it seems Google already crawled this page and added it to the cache. That was much faster than I thought.

Can you please explain what it means to be a "transhumanist"? I am unfamiliar with this term. Also, have you actually attempted this experiment? Or do you intend to?

Ayasano

For most people this experiment will be entirely useless, but as a transhumanist I have every intention of living a long, long time, and maybe in that time I'll discover time travel, or meet someone who has. Perhaps one of you will post a similar beacon here and receive a message with the private passphrase. Who knows?

Edit: In an interesting note, it seems Google already crawled this page and added it to the cache. That was much faster than I thought.

Can you please explain what it means to be a "transhumanist"? I am unfamiliar with this term. Also, have you actually attempted this experiment? Or do you intend to?

Posting the information here, and occasionaly googling to see if the second hash shows up, is pretty much the entire experiment, so it's been going for a while now.

A transhumanist is basically someone who thinks it's okay to modify and augment the body/mind with technology. That's anything from taking antibiotics to cure a disease, to replacing your eyes with electronic ones that can see the entire electromagnetic spectrum, to uploading your consciousness to a computer. Remember the guy whose prosthetic legs allowed him to run faster than a normal human? (Other disadvantages aside)

Some people are willing to jump on the technology as soon as it appears, but personally I'd rather wait for safety tests and less visible technology like nanomachines, rather than chopping off a limb and replacing it with a metal one. Nanotech is already well on its way, so I won't have to wait for than a few decades. Once you get into the realm of completely synthetic bodies, though, there's literally no limit on what you can look like or be. In a few centuries, a significant portion of humans will look nothing like they do today, even if you ignore the impending technological Singularity.

The opposite of a transhumanist is someone who thinks replacing parts of the body will somehow render you "soulless", unfeeling, etc. I don't believe that though. Plenty of amputees with prosthetics are still emotional, loving humans.

Scarlet005

Thank you for that reply. It was very thorough. And you have taught me something new. This is the first I'm hearing of transhumanism.

Now I have to go look up exactly what Nanotechnology is, lol. That, I do think I've heard of though.