Can ghosts and religion co-exist?

gonzogirl

Re: Can ghosts and religion co-exist?

Wow...I had to do alot of reading to not be so confused!
ok I looked around the wiki....And I read that some think that through living in vitue, a fallen angel can once again be an angel....
I get lost because there are so many different beliefs..its like too much info and what do I believe and all that.....
Why would GOD create angels and then give them free will only to then banish them? Free will is such a human thing.. I read that angels were supposed to do what GOD tells them, so the free will part confuses me. I guess the deal is that he gave them free will and they screwed it up for themselves.
Sounds like human nature......I dont think there will ever be a day when people dont take advantage of their free will.

Chip Lewis

gonzogirl said:
ok I looked around the wiki....And I read that some think that through living in vitue, a fallen angel can once again be an angel....
This information is blatantly false according to all biblical doctrine. Once an angel "falls" he can never get back up. It's what motivates their persistence.

gonzogirl

Thats what I get for doin' the wiki!
Thats what I thought...no fallen angel can redeem themselves as they are banished for good. Ill be doing some reading tonight....The info is endless.
Thanks Chip for your knowledge......

kcwildman

Beastmaster

ok the goasts are fallen angels. so what we are seeing, is a being that is how old???? thousands,millions, billions of yrs. add that to some of these nutcase psycics think we should talk to, or listen to. what is said by these fallen ones.:confused: as if thery are trying to help us. NOT:eek:. I must agree with Chip on this. they are out to kill, steal,and destroy everything GOD has done. just my 2 cents for what it is worth:D

Chip Lewis

kc wildman said:
ok the goasts are fallen angels. so what we are seeing, is a being that is how old???? thousands,millions, billions of yrs. add that to some of these nutcase psycics think we should talk to, or listen to. what is said by these fallen ones.:confused: as if thery are trying to help us. NOT:eek:. I must agree with Chip on this. they are out to kill, steal,and destroy everything GOD has done. just my 2 cents for what it is worth:D
KC we have to be careful about who we claim these "ghosts" are. The "fallen angels" are not ghosts. The deceased children that were born unto their wives are ?ghosts?. The "fallen angels" are the fathers of these "evil spirits". It can get really confusing. But the manuscripts explain it all as clear as day. The fallen angels believed that if they could get strange DNA into the bloodline of Adam (a great great grandfather of Jesus) they could prevent the saving of humanity. So, God brought the flood and killed off the contaminated bloodline. Those children born unto the women in the fallen angels attempt to seal the fate of humanity were condemned to become "evil spirits" among us. They were half human and half Angel. The Angels see them as their liaisons to us.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

cool, so we are talkin bout the nephlim/ the giants/great men of valor. they are a mix of people and angels. they are not men or angels so not aloud in heaven. got it I think, so when GOD spoke of Noah being pure/perfect. it was not so much a gene splice by mans medical sience, that he would not do. but rather inbreeding of man and angels. cool makes sence to me. thanks, yeh that makes more sence than gene splicing with wooden bowls and bronze knives.

gonzogirl

Chip said:
KC we have to be careful about who we claim these "ghosts" are. The "fallen angels" are not ghosts. The deceased children that were born unto their wives are ?ghosts?. The "fallen angels" are the fathers of these "evil spirits". It can get really confusing. But the manuscripts explain it all as clear as day. The fallen angels believed that if they could get strange DNA into the bloodline of Adam (a great great grandfather of Jesus) they could prevent the saving of humanity. So, God brought the flood and killed off the contaminated bloodline. Those children born unto the women in the fallen angels attempt to seal the fate of humanity were condemned to become "evil spirits" among us. They were half human and half Angel. The Angels see them as their liaisons to us.

Wow...this is all sort of new to me..it sounds familiar but not..What I mean is that I always thought that angels were here to protect us. Thats what I have been told all my life... And is there more than one kind of ghost? Is all this in The Bible? Or from books around the same time?
If so what books? ...........This whole Angel thing has me .

Chip Lewis

Everything mentioned here is part of the pseudopigrapha book called "The Book of Enoch". It was included in the finds of the dead sea scrolls and to this day is printed within the holy bible in Ethiopia and considered a very holy book. The catholics removed it from the canon because there was more than one version. The versions have such minimal diferences that the translations may have been a matter of perspective. I personally think that the Catholics excluded the book because it contains entirely too much info for public consumption (Ie Who has the knowledge, has the power).

There is so much more that I have not mentioned about what this book reveals. In fact, I should start a thread for it alone. It (by far) is the most interesting and important book of the Christian faith...

Read the Book of Enoch here --> Book of Enoch

Or here --> The Book of Enoch: Emended and ... - Google Book Search

gonzogirl

Chip said:
Everything mentioned here is part of the pseudopigrapha book called "The Book of Enoch". It was included in the finds of the dead sea scrolls and to this day is printed within the holy bible in Ethiopia and considered a very holy book. The catholics removed it from the canon because there was more than one version. The versions have such minimal diferences that the translations may have been a matter of perspective. I personally think that the Catholics excluded the book because it contains entirely too much info for public consumption (Ie Who has the knowledge, has the power).

There is so much more that I have not mentioned about what this book reveals. In fact, I should start a thread for it alone. It (by far) is the most interesting and important book of the Christian faith...

Read the Book of Enoch here --> Book of Enoch

Or here --> The Book of Enoch: Emended and ... - Google Book Search

Thank you Chip! And start a thread ...I'll pitch a tent...do some campin':)

jurgen36

Sorry the way I see it that God is good and also bad at the same time. Like a coin with two sides, one side can not exist without the other. The churches say that He is almighty and all knowing, also that he created everything. Fine, with that but then he also created Jesus and Satan. As he is almighty why did he has to sacrifice his son to take care of our sins. Sorry that does not make sense at all. Sacrifice to whom??? He is right at the top of creation, so he sacrificed his son to himself. That does not seem right, somehow over the centuries the people got this wrong. Ok it can be explained by the fact that the new testament was written hundreds of years after the departure. Also by the fact that old pagan writings hundreds of years before Christ did contain almost identical scriptures, including the living after death etc. Well I do not like to get into any religious arguments but something is wrong somewhere along the line.
Best regards.