Diseases and Plagues

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
BUT Remember Sars and H1N1? The media doomed us all and nothing really happened in the U.S. because people started taking precautions.

My main concern is children. They get sick constantly in school due to close contact and airborne illnesses.

IroncladMarshmallow

I hope they are working on an Ebola vaccine. I wonder why there isn't one already.

NewLink Genetics: Ready to test Ebola vaccine

Now, as they said, high demand -- will there be enough? Will it be expensive?
I couldn't tell you. I just think something is suspicious about the whole situation. A few years ago, the economy crashed, and pretty much all sectors of the economy suffered, including pharmaceuticals. Out of nowhere, we were told about this new scary swine flu outbreak, and they had vaccines available for it. The government actually bought a ton of the vaccines with our tax dollars, and I think most of them were never used because not everyone got the things. Ebola is far scarier than swine flu, but there are rumors the outbreak originated in a bio weapons lab run by the US govt in Africa. Also, it's a new, more dangerous strain than ever seen before. Very convenient for big corporations looking to increase profits. Of course, if I think I've got ebola, I'm not taking any chances, as it would be a horrible way to die. I just don't trust those people to have our best interests at heart.

IroncladMarshmallow

BUT Remember Sars and H1N1? The media doomed us all and nothing really happened in the U.S. because people started taking precautions.

My main concern is children. They get sick constantly in school due to close contact and airborne illnesses.
Oops, I didn't see this post before replying. I expect schools will be downright dangerous in some areas of the country in the very near future because of all the illegals imported by our government, despite knowing that they carry tuberculosis, scabies, lice, and god knows what all else. Universities may be even worse, as tons of foreign exchange students from Africa come to the US to study every semester. The school from which I graduated this year has students from Nigeria and probably any other place you can imagine. It looks like I got out just in time. I don't think primary and secondary schools will be at risk of ebola, though. Just practice general sanitation and everything should be fine.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Oops, I didn't see this post before replying. I expect schools will be downright dangerous in some areas of the country in the very near future because of all the illegals imported by our government, despite knowing that they carry tuberculosis, scabies, lice, and god knows what all else. Universities may be even worse, as tons of foreign exchange students from Africa come to the US to study every semester. The school from which I graduated this year has students from Nigeria and probably any other place you can imagine. It looks like I got out just in time. I don't think primary and secondary schools will be at risk of ebola, though. Just practice general sanitation and everything should be fine.

General sanitation only helps to a point. A child sneezes and the water droplets spread everywhere. Someone wipes their nose then hands a friend a pencil. My kids are never sick in the summer. School starts tomorrow and I get to look forward to illness and they usually get their first fever the first week of school.
Sigh.

walt willis

I hope they are working on an Ebola vaccine. I wonder why there isn't one already.

It takes about a year to develop and protect the public with a vaccine.

It takes about six months for the flu to run its course.

The race to save you is lost if you think a vaccine will help...

Just the facts...

If you know the folks in your area are getting the Ebola you should totally isolate yourself and your family until the threat has passed.

The mail in the box will kill you just as dead if it is contaminated!

Storage of enough food and water for three to six months may be required.

Do your research about the use of vaccines and see for yourself...

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Good question, Ms.Jedi...Maybe for the same reason there's still no cure for cancer...Maybe it's the government's solution to overpopulation...