I've built the John Bajak's flux capacitor!

dustin255

As of now no result. I got the power to distribute correctly but, the transducer does not make any sound. I talked to someone who is an electric engineer when building it and they said the circuit doesn't work.

So no power is moving through the circuit. The piezo tranducer I used was - http://www.mouser.com/Search/Produc...irtualkey66500000virtualkey665-AT3045TFLW110R

The buzzer works but won't work when I added it to the device. The buzzer i used was -
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=CPE-6080virtualkey51780000virtualkey490-CPE-6080

Here's my pictures please let me know what went wrong -

View attachment 3119
View attachment 3120

@Genius @TimeFlipper @Einstein @steven chiverton
I already told you what went wrong on my previous posting to this one..you didnt wire up the 3 batteries correctly..:)
Click on this attachment..

What is your reasoning on this conclusion? The way I have it hooked up combines the volt together.

TimeFlipper

As of now no result. I got the power to distribute correctly but, the transducer does not make any sound. I talked to someone who is an electric engineer when building it and they said the circuit doesn't work.

So no power is moving through the circuit. The piezo tranducer I used was - http://www.mouser.com/Search/Produc...irtualkey66500000virtualkey665-AT3045TFLW110R

The buzzer works but won't work when I added it to the device. The buzzer i used was -
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=CPE-6080virtualkey51780000virtualkey490-CPE-6080

Here's my pictures please let me know what went wrong -

View attachment 3119
View attachment 3120

@Genius @TimeFlipper @Einstein @steven chiverton
I already told you what went wrong on my previous posting to this one..you didnt wire up the 3 batteries correctly..:)
Click on this attachment..

What is your reasoning on this conclusion? The way I have it hooked up combines the volt together.
You were using 3 battery connectors in your circuit...by using it in the way the video clip showed, you only need 2 battery connectors...Please try it out and you will get the full 27 volts from the 3 batteries, i have already used this configuration myself and i know it works :)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The pdf document for your piezo buzzer shows it to need a square wave input driver circuit. So the best you will get is click sound when you turn on the device.

Martian

The pdf document for your piezo buzzer shows it to need a square wave input driver circuit. So the best you will get is click sound when you turn on the device.
Yeah, and the transducer on the first link is only rated for 15V, so he could have fried the thing with 3 batteries connected to it.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The other thing of interest is you said the batteries get hot when you turned it on. Switch number 1 before the 25 ohm rheostat is supposed to be a momentary on type. Most pictures I've seen show this switch to be a push button momentary on type. If the batteries get hot, then your rheostat and pot are turned all the way to zero. Try putting both 1/2 way instead. If it doesn't get hot then your wiring is probably okay.

All the schematics show a piezo transducer. So technically the way you have it setup is correct. Both your piezo devices are transducers according to the documentation. But a transducer will just make a click on initial power on. I do recall reading somewhere that the click sound is what tells you the tuning is correct. So you hold the switch on for 3 or 4 seconds, then release for 3 or 4 seconds. Then repeat the cycle. Each time you should hear a click if tuned properly.

When I built mine I used a piezo buzzer instead. A lot of builders use the buzzer instead. At least you know it is working with a buzzer. But then that isn't what the schematic shows. At the time I thought the schematic was a mistake. That's why I switched to a piezo buzzer. But what if the schematic is correct? And I flubbed up for switching to a buzzer? Like I said before, my Flux Capacitor didn't transport me through time. So you may just have to have a bit more patience with the tuning. Perhaps you are close to get it working correctly.