Debate John Titor Alleged Predictions and Are They Real or Not

JTFriend

In one of his posts he answers a question about how people dress in 2036:
Long dresses, knitted sweaters and pants are still quite popular.

The long dress he is referring to is the Maxi dress which was not in fashion in the year 2000. In 2000, you would have had to wear a long dress that you had bought in the early mid 90s, and even then the trend was not that popular. It had a moment in '94-95 and then disappeared.

Maxi dresses came back in to style in 2006-2007 and have since become what people think of a "staple" of summer fashion, hence explaining how John says that 30 years later people are still wearing long dresses, because they have recently become thought of as a classic:
The History of the Maxi Dress | Wish

Maxis were banished in the ‘80s as power suits with shoulder pads and Valley girls in rara skirts took over. There was no place for the romance of the maxi in the grunge of the ‘90s but finally mid-Noughties the maxi came back, longer and stronger than before. Kate Moss, of course ahead of the trend, was spotted in a stunning maxi at superstar make-up artist Charlotte Tilbury’s Ibiza wedding in September 2006. By 2007 runways were awash with fabric as maxis dominated the catwalks and shone at Gucci, Marc Jacobs and Stella McCartney. Fashion hasn’t looked back – the maxi seems to be here to stay.

bomberman

For the debate's sake, let's just say that Titor's prediction about the civil war was true. What other predictions that he made have proven to be correct ?

Samstwitch

For the debate's sake, let's just say that Titor's prediction about the civil war was true. What other predictions that he made have proven to be correct ?

Hi Bomberman, You might find some answers that you are looking for on this thread...
I Am An Expert On John Titor. Feel Free To Engage Me In Conversation

Also, some of us who are following Titor's forecasts are also interested in what develops here...
Will this lead to John Titor's forecast that Japan was "forcefully annexed" before N Day?

There's a book entitled Conviction of a Time Traveler that also addresses your question. The author had not read the book that John's mother published, so he was uninformed about a few details, but it's still a very good read, certainly for anyone interested in whether or not John Titor was a real Time Traveler.

Oops, sorry, I missed where you said, "For the debate's sake...":oops:

Samstwitch

The long dress he is referring to is the Maxi dress which was not in fashion in the year 2000. In 2000, you would have had to wear a long dress that you had bought in the early mid 90s, and even then the trend was not that popular. It had a moment in '94-95 and then disappeared...

About Maxi Dresses...I remember well when they were in fashion, definitely in the mid-late 1960's (I wore them too) and running into the 70's, but they went out quickly in the '70's due to the overwhelming popularity of Mini-skirts (and Twiggy)! Evening gowns for nights out in Las Vegas were the exception, but that's because those were the glamour days in Vegas.

To my knowledge, the Maxi Dress has never come back into fashion. If the SHTF scenario happens and people have to go back to living as they did in the olden days, using the old ways like the Amish, I'm would not be surprised if the Maxi Dress would come back into fashion as it did on John's Timeline.

JTFriend

We haven't started shooting each other because the majority thinks it's wrong. The state I'm from has been trying to avoid civil conflict *my entire life*. We are the group that wishes to secede.

Octavusprime

The long dress he is referring to is the Maxi dress which was not in fashion in the year 2000. In 2000, you would have had to wear a long dress that you had bought in the early mid 90s, and even then the trend was not that popular. It had a moment in '94-95 and then disappeared.

Maxi dresses came back in to style in 2006-2007 and have since become what people think of a "staple" of summer fashion, hence explaining how John says that 30 years later people are still wearing long dresses, because they have recently become thought of as a classic:

Maxis were banished in the ‘80s as power suits with shoulder pads and Valley girls in rara skirts took over. There was no place for the romance of the maxi in the grunge of the ‘90s but finally mid-Noughties the maxi came back, longer and stronger than before. Kate Moss, of course ahead of the trend, was spotted in a stunning maxi at superstar make-up artist Charlotte Tilbury’s Ibiza wedding in September 2006. By 2007 runways were awash with fabric as maxis dominated the catwalks and shone at Gucci, Marc Jacobs and Stella McCartney. Fashion hasn’t looked back – the maxi seems to be here to stay.

This is not a prediction that can be accurately verified. He is stating how people dress in 2036....

bomberman

Alright i'm going to break it down. I'm still not sure what to believe about Titor, but i'm keeping an open mind. Although there is one thing that is really bugging me. All the JT believers here are certain that JT is real, right ? But that also means that there is proof that he is actually real.

My question to you is, if there really is solid proof that JT is real, then why not post it right HERE, to show all the non-believers, and leave them speechless ?

JTFriend

This is not a prediction that can be accurately verified. He is stating how people dress in 2036....

It is answered correctly. Based on my expert fashion opinion :p, long dresses, which were not a staple in the year 2000s, have become a classic. It is not likely aging generation Xers are going to give up their long dresses any time soon. You are probably not a female so how can you say whether long dresses are a permanent classic as of the late 2000s or not.

JTFriend

John says in a post that hair care is more simplified in his worldline; women are wearing their hair longer and thus cutting it less. In the last few years I have grown my hair long and have no plans of cutting it for the foreseeable future.

Sure, this is pretty weak; in our worldline short hair remains pretty trendy. There will always be people with short hair likely and thus you can say that once again, John Titor was wrong and is not a Time Traveller.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Alright i'm going to break it down. I'm still not sure what to believe about Titor, but i'm keeping an open mind. Although there is one thing that is really bugging me. All the JT believers here are certain that JT is real, right ? But that also means that there is proof that he is actually real.

My question to you is, if there really is solid proof that JT is real, then why not post it right HERE, to show all the non-believers, and leave them speechless ?

I don't even think the believers will admit they don't believe. But it's becoming apparent that they don't because they never ever post proof. It's almost as if they just want the attention that their belief gives them.