Satan

Miscellaneous

So whats the point of focusing on god and not ask for help from other powers when he says not to?
That's why I don't focus on God when asking for help and sh+t. I hardly ever even pray anymore for anything—really. The problem with religion is that we are taught to depend on a god and that "everything will be okay because god planned it/will help you" kind-of-bullshit and not BE independent ourselves. It's like hoping without taking action. I cringe whenever priests tell us to depend on their god or any sort of religious person they talk about as this teaches us to be dependable to a questionably and debatable existence of an entity. I'd rather (imo) humans become athiests in general as I've observed that they get the work done and don't talk about being dependable to a deity/entity/religious figure and whatnot.

That's why i cant stand christians, it's this stupid mental cop out with their stupid bs trying to turn it all around when the truth is quite in front.
*shrugs* I'm not a Christian if that's what you're calling me.

god sounds like an asshole to me. and here he claims he's good and is willing and yet, does nothing and sits on his ass and laugh? thats a wicked god if i ever seen or heard of one.
Haha I know right? But I always tell myself that all of these religions were created by man and that all scriptures are edited and/or destroyed beyond obvious recognition (as in you have to disect the scriptures to see how much credibilty is left in it and look for truth yourself).

Miscellaneous

So whats the point of focusing on god and not ask for help from other powers when he says not to?
That's why I don't focus on God when asking for help and sh+t. I hardly ever even pray anymore for anything—really. The problem with religion is that we are taught to depend on a god and that "everything will be okay because god planned it/will help you" kind-of-bullshit and not BE independent ourselves. It's like hoping without taking action. I cringe whenever priests tell us to depend on their god or any sort of religious person they talk about as this teaches us to be dependable to a questionably and debatable existence of an entity. I'd rather (imo) humans become athiests in general as I've observed that they get the work done and don't talk about being dependable to a deity/entity/religious figure and whatnot.

That's why i cant stand christians, it's this stupid mental cop out with their stupid bs trying to turn it all around when the truth is quite in front.
*shrugs* I'm not a Christian if that's what you're calling me.

god sounds like an asshole to me. and here he claims he's good and is willing and yet, does nothing and sits on his ass and laugh? thats a wicked god if i ever seen or heard of one.
Haha I know right? But I always tell myself that all of these religions were created by man and that all scriptures are edited and/or destroyed beyond obvious recognition (as in you have to disect the scriptures to see how much credibilty is left in it and look for truth yourself).

Miscellaneous

Fuck quadzillion gazillion double posts. Comment box is broken. Oh well. As I was trying to say (right after my quoting you @tflofasho): I still have some seat left on my apathy train. I've seen better days. Do you wanna come in, sing whatever songs like koombayah, eat and drink whenever and whatever we want and just generally be apathetic?

Last edited:

Japrim

Perhaps you should read Freud's take on people's perception and need for a loving fatherly god. He posited that religion and god, for many, serves as an imaginary friend for adults.

Growing up, we have the security of our parents and family. But as adults, people desire that same security and guidance in a harsh world full of responsibility. They seek it through religion and philosophy and use it as a medium as to rationalize, similar to how a child does an imaginary friend.

Simply put, he posited that god serves as an imaginary friend, father figure, and security blanket of sorts.

Carl Miller

I thank you for your contribution. I am also a non religious person and I also do not pray for any anthropomorphic god.
I only wish to make a little point.

Those unsatisfied with the god created by the current status quo .You know that all the blessings are for the rich and the poor is banned from the Orwellian world we live today.
But acting diametrically against such status quo and resisting a thing that does not exist= (a god of the rich) and creating satanism as a reactive behavior it does not seem to be a creative thing. Since you are resisting something that does not exist.
That is why i do not think it a good idea to be cursing a god that does not exist. It does not rock to be falling into a hole of pessimism using foul language.

The definition for Anthropomorphic=ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.

The god of the religionist is an anthropomorphic god. If you resist it you will create an anthropomorphic satan. Neither of them exists, unless within the mind of those seeking temporal power.

Last edited:

Carl Miller

Perhaps you should read Freud's take on people's perception and need for a loving fatherly god. He posited that religion and god, for many, serves as an imaginary friend for adults.

Growing up, we have the security of our parents and family. But as adults, people desire that same security and guidance in a harsh world full of responsibility. They seek it through religion and philosophy and use it as a medium as to rationalize, similar to how a child does an imaginary friend.

Simply put, he posited that god serves as an imaginary friend, father figure, and security blanket of sorts.

When they do not use it to climb up fast the steps of societal success. It is incredibly politically correct to speak of god to have people's confidence.

Miscellaneous

I don't know or even want to read about this Freud person's work. I could care less about that because I already know that at a brink of despair, humans would latch onto anything that may or may not possibly help them back on their knees.

Miscellaneous

Also @Carl Miller I understand what you said that's why I tend to avoid anything related to religion but I live in a religious family in a dominantly Roman Catholic (among others) country so I find it very hard NOT to have some annoyance, hate, dislike etc to said religion but I aint perfect so I just keep these things to myself and not voice them out to avoid unnecessary drama and conflict.

Japrim

I don't know or even want to read about this Freud person's work. I could care less about that because I already know that at a brink of despair, humans would latch onto anything that may or may not possibly help them back on their knees.

Then don't. I was simply recommending some reading material, food for thought.