Supply checklist

Judge Bean

Supply checklist

Originally posted by Lonewolf+Aug 16 2004, 07:25 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Paul J. Lyon@Aug 16 2004, 09:37 AM
This is wonderful, don't get me wrong.? But it looks like you're all set to survive all by yourself.? You're not taking anyone with you.? Don't you feel obligated to take some children or sick people?

I will bring my children but they will have their own set of supplies, as will each person that wishes to travel with me. Surviving alone is impossible, but being completely dependent on another is equally bad.
[snapback]6961[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

If we are completely dependent on one another, there will be no war to have to survive.

sosuemetoo

Supply checklist

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Aug 16 2004, 10:37 AM
This is wonderful, don't get me wrong. But it looks like you're all set to survive all by yourself. You're not taking anyone with you. Don't you feel obligated to take some children or sick people?

In my case, I am obligated to a husband, two children and two sets of elderly parents. They all rely on me.

That is why I always say that it is better to be prepared, not paranoid.

"Mom"

Cornelia

Supply checklist

Snow,
these lists of arms, bullets, and survival stuff ready to run in the wild really sound unbelievable to me. But hey, who am I to speak? I'm planting a vegetable garden just in case of peak oil!!! :lol:

Judge Bean

Supply checklist

Originally posted by Cornelia@Aug 17 2004, 09:08 AM
Snow,
these lists of arms, bullets, and survival stuff ready to run in the wild really sound unbelievable to me. But hey, who am I to speak? I'm planting a vegetable garden just in case of peak oil!!! :lol:

I imagine many here are also planting a Victory Garden, but planting it behind the shed where they keep the guns. As I have told you before I think, Americans don't need a list to remind them to have guns and ammunition on hand. We are armed to the teeth; we manufacture thousands of pistols every week. "Defense" is a major national business.

It is the same now as it was when the James Gang rode into Northfield, Minnesota-- sleepy little peaceful town full of dairy farmers, not at all the "Wild West." But somebody tipped the locals off that the bank was being robbed, and Main Street was turned into a fullscale battleground. Rifles poked out from every window, and the robbers were shot to pieces. Jesse James was practically ruined.

I don't know what it is exactly that will touch off the general American public, but I wouldn't want to be in the middle of the street when it happens.

Judge Bean

Supply checklist

Originally posted by Hackimer@ Rob,Aug 17 2004, 10:03 PM
I think it might wind up to be the RNC.

We will try to see the Ensign of the Negating Duck on CNN, 'midst the throng.

rolf

Supply checklist

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Aug 16 2004, 01:52 PM
If we are completely dependent on one another, there will be no war to have to survive.

Correct. Interdependance is a good thing. Independance is also simultaneously a good thing.

I dont think everyone needs to be prepared to live for a year in the woods with a pocketknife and twine, but making some moves towards self-reliance is a positive goal.

For example, last year the area I live in had some bad storms. Power was out for several days here. A friend on mine a few miles away lost power for 2 weeks, and they also lost water for 2 weeks because they were on a well-water system with no backup power.

Now, there wasn't really a lot of danger, because we could rely on getting food & water at stores several miles away that still had power and refridgeration, and emergency services, etc. But it was a hassle, and I was glad I could use my little wood powered burner for grilled cheese, soups, and other warm meals and not have to drive 20 miles to find an open restaurant.

Another example. the hurricane. People are getting help from the National Gaurd, but the National Gaurd simply cannot help Everyone. People are turning to each other for help.

Consider that every person that now needing assistance and alternatives is a drain on services and a burden to support. Now consider other people that did not need any extra help, and rather than cause a burden on a support system, could even provide their own tiny support system for other people.

And now ask yourself which group you want to be in. Whether its natural disasters, scary people with bombs, or whatever, I think everyone here agrees that its prudent to be able to be a provider for something, and not a consumer of everything. The more steps each of us takes to be able to provide at least one of the basic neccessities of life, (food, water, shelter, energy) the more interdependant and safer our lives become.