Trustworthy News

dimension-1hacker

Although I have not been a supporter of Mr. Trump in the past, I will most likely cast my vote for Trump/Pence this November. I cannot in good conscience support Mr. Biden, who seems to be suffering from senile dementia. Nor can I support Ms. Harris who, as Attorney General of California, sought to keep prison inmates incarcerated in order that her state might have a ready source of cheap labor. Therefore I can only pity Mr. Biden and be disgusted by Ms. Harris.

As for the rest of your post, it is difficult for me to respond since I am not sure exactly what it was that you were trying to say. I will hazard a guess that it had something to do with not trusting one's sources of information, but since I cannot be certain I will refrain from a response. If you could manage to be a bit more clear in your writing, then we may be able to avoid any such misunderstandings in the future.
The sum is no website is inherently trustworthy therefore no website can be trusted therefore anything you read about Trump or Biden cannot be assumed to be true.

dimension-1hacker

@dimension-1hacker id like to ask you what news services if any you deem to be trustworthy or do you just walk around thinking everything is a lie?
I cannot determine truth from lies.

Perhaps though government websites, get directly from the supposed source. Its easier to spot the dodges, deflections, and feints.
study body language and other types of giveaways that perhaps politicians do not know about; if my reality is correct.

dimension-1hacker

Your tautology is knocking on solipsism's door.
Herman Cain established and ran his own news outlet. His. Own. News. Outlet.
Herman Cain contracted Covid 19 and died from it.
That's the fact at the bottom of that news story and it's completely trustworthy because his own news outlet published it.
Herman Cain, and his family, know what killed Herman Cain.

Harte

where did you read Herman cain did that.

How do you know if he did that it is completely trustworthy just because what is called is own news outlet published in; not solipsism meaning I am the only one that exists but things are not always that easy to verify.

Yeats

The sum is no website is inherently trustworthy therefore no website can be trusted therefore anything you read about Trump or Biden cannot be assumed to be true.
Thank you for the clarification.

In respnse to your post, I can only say that the same can be said for any source of information, which is why one should never rely too much upon any one source.

Also, the development of critical thinking and reading skills is necessary to determine the truth of the information presented. In addition, one ought to err on the side of accepting the information presented until and unless it can be falsified. Finally, it is important to compare any information to reality itself.

I should also note that your statement is rather paradoxical. You are, after all, using a website to make the claim that no website is inherently trustworthy. Given that, should I believe what you say?

Harte

where did you read Herman cain did that.

How do you know if he did that it is completely trustworthy just because what is called is own news outlet published in; not solipsism meaning I am the only one that exists but things are not always that easy to verify.
Your own eyes are untrustworthy sources as well. All your senses are.
Thus solipsism.

Harte

dimension-1hacker

Thank you for the clarification.

In respnse to your post, I can only say that the same can be said for any source of information, which is why one should never rely too much upon any one source.

Also, the development of critical thinking and reading skills is necessary to determine the truth of the information presented. In addition, one ought to err on the side of accepting the information presented until and unless it can be falsified. Finally, it is important to compare any information to reality itself.

I should also note that your statement is rather paradoxical. You are, after all, using a website to make the claim that no website is inherently trustworthy. Given that, should I believe what you say?
not logical or logical == you decide, not a recording of an event but logic = understanding & logic == understanding.

reality is information, and everything that you read about, have you seen any of it occur?
If you can't rule out it being falsified then you cannot be 100% sure the information is correct, or even a one percent or .000001 percent change.

what source proves a source

dimension-1hacker

Your own eyes are untrustworthy sources as well. All your senses are.
Thus solipsism.

Harte
"Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind. " : to add, without logic determining yes or no

I know that all things that can exist exist, but where do they exist, perhaps far away from where I think. perhaps

Inferno

My simple view on it is this: No matter the party, politicians are not your friend. All news outlets are propaganda to further an agenda.
Even the citizens of China have figured out that their news is unreliable. How have the Americans not?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
actually, I am debating, I stated how you described cnn and democrats.
Well if you can't determine which is or is not skewed then you cant be certain which if any is by definition. This is your defense machanism, you are not grasping the big picture

The big picture --- you are correct. Nobody knows what is really true, so don't trust what news says. Sleep with one eye open and think critically. Use news only as a starting point. Research yourself.