Trustworthy News

Harte

"Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind. " : to add, without logic determining yes or no

I know that all things that can exist exist, but where do they exist, perhaps far away from where I think. perhaps
So, your reply is to cut and paste a definition of solipsism.
Were you afraid nobody knew what it was?

Tell me, how do you "know" anything exists?

Are you taking on the mantle of decider who and what exists and who and what doesn't?
Certainly appears that way. After all, you proclaim that we can't "know" Herman Cain died from this virus.
How do you even "know" the virus exists?
How do you "know" that Herman Cain existed?

Can you see how your claims now slip into solipsism, or do I need to explain further?

Harte

dimension-1hacker

So, your reply is to cut and paste a definition of solipsism.
Were you afraid nobody knew what it was?

Tell me, how do you "know" anything exists?

Are you taking on the mantle of decider who and what exists and who and what doesn't?
Certainly appears that way. After all, you proclaim that we can't "know" Herman Cain died from this virus.
How do you even "know" the virus exists?
How do you "know" that Herman Cain existed?

Can you see how your claims now slip into solipsism, or do I need to explain further?

Harte
aren't you taking on the mantle of decider, I decide I do not know you decide even if you do not know this is not true without logical proof.
solispism is a word, and can be defined in many different ways.

dimension-1hacker

The big picture --- you are correct. Nobody knows what is really true, so don't trust what news says. Sleep with one eye open and think critically. Use news only as a starting point. Research yourself.
can't research accurately, how can you know the accuracy of any sources. Research, read about logic?

Yeats

@dimension-1hacker

I suppose that one advantage of your viewpoint is that one can avoid the responsibility to act by claiming not to trust one's sources. For example, one can justify not voting this November by claiming not to know which candidate most closely shares one's views. After all, if our news sources cannot be trusted, then how can we choose?

It is a very convenient way of justifying inaction, but there seems to be little more to it than that.

"I know that I know nothing" is the starting point for discovery. It should never become a prison from which we cannot escape.