1969 Sci-Fi novel had uncanny predictions of future

HDRKID

1969 sci-fi novel had some uncanny prediction of our future and many have come true now.

Here are just a few of the many.

Prices have increased sixfold between 1960 and 2010 because of inflation. (The actual increase in U.S. prices during that period was sevenfold, but Brunner was close.)

Europeans have formed a union of nations to improve their economic prospects and influence on world affairs. In international issues, Britain tends to side with the U.S., but other countries in Europe are often critical of U.S. initiatives.

Gay and bisexual lifestyles have gone mainstream, and pharmaceuticals to improve sexual performance are widely used (and even advertised in the media).
The Millions : The Weird 1969 New Wave Sci-Fi Novel that Correctly Predicted the Current Day

TimeTravel_00

Even 1984 was dead on with the NSA tapping everyones email, computers, and cellphones. Those authors must have been smoking some time travel ganja to see so far ahead with such accuracy.

Samstwitch

This is a fascinating subject that I have read about before. I think some fiction writers tap into the future similar to the way Psychics do, only they are unaware. Here's a video on another fiction novel that was eerily similar to a real future event...the sinking of the Titanic!

Khaos

where the wild things are
You look around you now and see how technology is, you can see where its going to lead to next. Back in the times where pocket watches had to be wound up, people would go on about a time when they are powered by some energy source and there is no need to wind them up to keep them working. And that is true...

Things like this interest me though, I like to read science fiction material, from the 1800s and even 1700s and see what future technology the authors come up with. Its amazing. There is one author in particular, his books had a future type feel to them and technology basically happened in line with what he wrote as the basis for his stories.

Samstwitch

I moved the posts by Zeit Individuum (and replies) to the thread Time Travel – Nazi Germany as his posts are about what he has supposedly seen in the future by time traveling, and that is not related to this thread. The topic of this thread is about Sci-fi novels predicting the future.