314 mpg car

HDRKID

Volkswagen XL1 gets 314 mpg. They are bringing the production car to the Geneva Motor Show next week. Unfortunately, VW won't be bringing it to USA ever. That is the official take on the two-seat, carbon-fiber, plug-in hybrid car. However, the featherweight VW XL1 will be available to europeans soon.

Samstwitch

Volkswagen XL1 gets 314 mpg. They are bringing the production car to the Geneva Motor Show next week. Unfortunately, VW won't be bringing it to USA ever. That is the official take on the two-seat, carbon-fiber, plug-in hybrid car. However, the featherweight VW XL1 will be available to europeans soon.

That's good news about the MPG, but bad news about it not ever coming to the USA. Did they say why? (other than trying to keep Americans dependant on oil)

Thanks for this cool information! Maybe some companies here will pick up on this idea...hopefully.

BlastTyrant

That's good news about the MPG, but bad news about it not ever coming to the USA. Did they say why? (other than trying to keep Americans dependant on oil)

Thanks for this cool information! Maybe some companies here will pick up on this idea...hopefully.
That is 100% the reason why they will never bring it here. To keep us Dependant on Oil, that and Americans are focused on Looks, if it doesn't look good we won't buy it, it is a never ending Loop.

TnWatchdog

Chatanooga, TN has a new VW plant that opened in 2011. They do about 150,000 units per year while the second phase of a plant expansion could produce 592,ooo units per year. They could build the XL1 here in America and I'm sure they could sell the XL1 here in America. To me I don't care how it looks, I'll take the gas mileage over looks any day. Big, fat, greedy corporate and governmental elites won't let it happen as they want to break our personal banks with the high fuel costs, while protecting their interests.

Justinian

Nah, they just made it too expensive to buy. I think the last price quote I had seen on it was up near 250K.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I don't think Shell want that kind of car on the road, they're probably doing this just to look good.