314 mpg car

TimeTravel_00

Ever seen a race car than runs on ethanol? In Brazil they just run E95 in the same damn cars we have here, they call them Flex Fuel here in the states. Pre 1994 OBD1 Fuel injected cars can also run on I believe E50 with zero modification. Modern OBD2 cars require a software patch, then they can run E85 quiet nicely. All we need is a congressional bill to legalize the ownership of ethanol stills by the general public. My family had a long history of brewing their own ethanol, and it's cheap and easy to produce. The stills also serve as a method for purifying water in the event of public utilities loss. Kind of a common sense solution for a braying ass problem........and yes, please end all government subsidies to the oil and auto industries......

Justinian

Well technically you can own your own still in your house. But you just have to have a license for it. And the license is registered with the FDA or DEA.. one of the two. The problem is that whatever location you provide in the license is now open to random and unannounced inspections. So the pot someone is hiding in their wife's purse.. well that can be searched once you get this license. This is from what I understand of the process.

Justinian

OH.. and also I think there's something in there like you can't sell it. Or maybe it was you don't need a license as long as you don't sell it? I get confused sometimes. It happens. :cautious: