3D printed houses

That is a really great idea to help provide homes to the homeless on a mass scale.

Now if we could only find charitable funding for such a project.

Hell, all we would need is a few of those 3D printing machines & some easy universal building materials (dirt, concrete, etc). Then just start pumping homes out to those who need it.

How about bringing tech like this in after a natural or climate change disaster ?

I'm sure the govt & charitable scams would love it :LOL:

Mayhem

III oculis videt
Premium
I think remember seeing the chinese doing this in one of their cities a couple of years ago.

Laon

Premium
I actually want to build this someday in the forest as my ultimate retirement home. Only, I would like to include a third bedroom on the top floor with the patio separating the bedrooms. This is only tiny home I have really fallen in love with. Wouldn't be too expensive to build either.
Helm by CargoHome - Tiny Living

Laon

Premium
There was an article yesterday (that I can't find again) regarding a tiny home village for the homeless in Texas that has been in operation for 2 years. It has been very successful in helping the homeless begin to thrive. Pretty impressed. I feel there should be one in every community. Breaks my heart every time I visit a new city only to see the homeless population under bridges. One woman alone and in a wheelchair obviously in great need of medical attention. This should not be a reality in our world. If we can send people to the moon and Mars, we certainly have the capacity to simply take care of others most basic needs.

TimeFlipper

Like yourself, i have a large amount of sympathy for the truly homeless people in our UK population, and the comment you made about the woman alone in a wheelchair and in desperate need of medical attention, touched me very deeply..

Laon

Premium
It touched me deeply too. It was late at night in Las Vegas as we walked a few blocks to a museum dedicated to the historical signage of the city. I saw her and Larry wrapped his arm around me as I silently cried because there was literally nothing I could do that very moment, in the dark late at night. I sent up a prayer for her all the while feeling helpless... Homelessness needs to end. Worldwide.

If I were a billionaire, that is the first thing I would personally tackle. I would create a tiny home village for them to live free. A grocery store as a part of the community and a business for them to work at in order to gain experience in the workforce with livable wages. A medical facility to address their needs including counseling and any necessary medication required to help them stabilize their own brain balance. And, once back on their feet, watch them contribute to others and to society in same fashion they were given.

I truly don't believe a majority wish to live as they are. I believe life has been too hard on them. And, all they really need is true love and care from others.

God I wish...

But, as my ex husband said last night ~ supposedly I'm trite. Intellectually bankrupt and have verbal diarrhea. Lololol. Laughing too hard. Can you say spiteful and irrational? Just a littl'. :) This isn't in any way meant as a form of harassment. This place sometimes is just a sounding board. Genuinely, I pray to God he sincerely receives the help he needs. Maybe, one of these communities would be good for him? Maybe...

Last edited: