4 Blood Moons

Derrick C.

Everyone has an opinion...here are a couple of verses from the Bible that are interesting...

The Red Moon
Acts 2:20
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.

Revelation 6:12-14
When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Joel 2:31
The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.

We are living in interesting times...no one knows exactly what is coming down but the time is near, so we will just need to see what happens. Scoffers will be abundant in the last days but we shouldn't overlook what had been written before we were even born.

All three of these verses are speaking of nothing more than a solar eclipse. Here are 9 more from the Bible:

9 Bible verses about Eclipses

Aside from these being in the Bible they are nothing new. The Bible writers had no knowledge of the universe above them and consequently were only writing what they observed. And one other tidbit is that not all lunar eclipses appear red.

Do Total Lunar Eclipses Qualify as Great Signs for Biblical Prophecy?

Basically what Blitz and Hagee have done is make a mountain out of a mole hill. There is no omnious doomsday scenario with the Blood Moon its a naturally occurring event in the solar system that has been observed for thousands of years.

phh you cant say that for sure, all naysayers like you will be wrong when it happens, just becareful scoffing this off as its nothing which it could be but it could be something appocalyptic

Poison Pen

Everyone has an opinion...here are a couple of verses from the Bible that are interesting...

The Red Moon
Acts 2:20
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.

Revelation 6:12-14
When he opened the sixth seal, I looked, and behold, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth, the full moon became like blood, and the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale. The sky vanished like a scroll that is being rolled up, and every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Joel 2:31
The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes.

We are living in interesting times...no one knows exactly what is coming down but the time is near, so we will just need to see what happens. Scoffers will be abundant in the last days but we shouldn't overlook what had been written before we were even born.

All three of these verses are speaking of nothing more than a solar eclipse. Here are 9 more from the Bible:

Aside from these being in the Bible they are nothing new. The Bible writers had no knowledge of the universe above them and consequently were only writing what they observed. And one other tidbit is that not all lunar eclipses appear red.

Basically what Blitz and Hagee have done is make a mountain out of a mole hill. There is no omnious doomsday scenario with the Blood Moon its a naturally occurring event in the solar system that has been observed for thousands of years.

phh you cant say that for sure, all naysayers like you will be wrong when it happens, just becareful scoffing this off as its nothing which it could be but it could be something appocalyptic

I tend to scoff at all these so called dooms day prophecies since they are all batting a big fat goose egg. And since the Blood Moon is a natural occurring astronomical event to me its not a dooms day event at all. Its an event that has been blown out of proportion by a few who hope to make money selling books.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I tend to agree the blood moons are a normal thing, that's not to say the blood moon in the bible prophecy won't happen, it just wont be an eclipse. it will be a permanent thing...

just my 2 cents

Poison Pen

This is the last tetrad of this type until 2033 and I am sure when 2033 rolls around we will get the same dooms day prophecy. It's believed that there will be some kind of war with Israel. Blitz one of the people I mentioned earlier considers himself the founder of this Blood Moon Doom,

Blitz characterizes himself as the discoverer of the whole blood moon apocalypse idea, after he noted a connection between NASA’s charts of eclipses and the Jewish holiday calender.

This is an interesting remark especially when he got the whole scenario from this:

• “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord,” – Joel 2:31
  • “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord.” – Acts 2:20

Everything you need to know about the ‘blood moon’ apocalypse debate

The Jewish calendar is a Lunar calendar and passover always occurs around a full moon. And lunar eclipses can only occur on a full moon night. There have been at least 8 of these since the 1st Century that coincided with the Jewish holiday and no dooms day yet. Its been noted that many mainstream religious organizations have even debunked this theory.

11 Facts About the September 27/ 28, 2015 Blood Moon Eclipse
11 Facts About the September 27/ 28, 2015 Total Lunar Eclipse

‘Blood moon’ sets off apocalyptic debate among some Christians
‘Blood moon’ sets off apocalyptic debate among some Christians

Matter fact Blitz accuses Hagee of stealing his thunder when Hagee wrote his book on the Blood Moon

Blitz, quoted above, has recently accused Hagee of ripping off his blood moon theory and claiming too much credit for it, just as Hagee was preparing to release a movie called “Four Blood Moons.”

One trying to up the other in the money department looks like to me. In the grand scheme of things both will end up with egg on their face when all this is said and done. Given that this is a naturally occurring event in the solar system and has apparently been happening since the 1st Century I would not go spending money on a dooms day bunker just yet.

In my opinion this whole thing is nothing more than two people trying to confirm a bible prophecy that is not a prophecy at all but a natural solar event that people of the 1st Century did not understand what was happening and considered it a sign from some celestial being.

Last edited:

Poison Pen

I know this isn't the music thread but events come and go until the next one. Why not have a bonfire party and celebrate the blood moon...we could play this tune to get things going. Who is up for the challenge?
Actually i think the song, Bad Moon Rising might have been better :D

Well this moon won't be a bad one but I like you choice of song here....Love CCR!

TnWatchdog

Thanks Pen for the info on Mark Blitz. Everyone and their mother are writing books these days. I pulled up a vid of Mark's discussion regarding Blood Moons on a Jewish show. He is a good speaker. This is not a debate thread but I want people to realize it could be a sign...maybe a sign to the Jews. It is interesting and "no"...death rays aren't coming from the moon, it is not the end of the world, but maybe, just maybe a sign.

Poison Pen

Thanks Pen for the info on Mark Blitz. Everyone and their mother are writing books these days. I pulled up a vid of Mark's discussion regarding Blood Moons on a Jewish show. He is a good speaker. This is not a debate thread but I want people to realize it could be a sign...maybe a sign to the Jews. It is interesting and "no"...death rays aren't coming from the moon, it is not the end of the world, but maybe, just maybe a sign.

Thanks for the vid Dog.

This is not a debate thread but I want people to realize it could be a sign...maybe a sign to the Jews.

I would be tempted to buy this if were not for the fact that 8 of these have been recorded or seen since the first century and that passover always occurs on a full moon.

It is interesting and "no"...death rays aren't coming from the moon, it is not the end of the world, but maybe, just maybe a sign.

Agreed. It is interesting. Astronomical occurrences such as these have been going on for hundreds if not thousands of years. It's no secret that the people of the Bible used the sky for many things both for direction and guidance. To them these things were signs from a God. Don't know this can get complicated with Soltices, the Zodiac, and the Eqiunoxes and such.

Do not know if you have ever heard of the term "Astrotheology" its a worship of the heavens. There are several authors that talk about this, Jordan Maxwell and Acharya S better known as DM Murdock are just two. Astrotheology is not taught in any school that I know of.

Untitled Document

http://astrotheology.net
Astrotheology of the Ancients

Manly P Hall was another famous individual:
The Manly P. Hall Archive

One of the best I found on Astronomy issues is Phil Plait who runs the Bad Astronomy site:

Phil Plait's Bad Astronomy: Home Page

Sorry did not mean to ramble,

Derrick C.

I tend to scoff at all these so called dooms day prophecies since they are all batting a big fat goose egg. And since the Blood Moon is a natural occurring astronomical event to me its not a dooms day event at all. Its an event that has been blown out of proportion by a few who hope to make money selling books.

well we will see and when your wrong you wish you werent