A Theory On Deja Vu...

Jikan Yugami

Greetings once again,
Before I begin, I would like to Identify myself. You may call me one of these varying names (John, Wub, Sacred, SacredWub) as they are what most other people on the net know me as. I will now continue to discuss my theory on what Deja Vu might be and why we feel it.

Deja Vu
noun
a feeling of having already experienced the present situation.

This is the dictionary definition I got from a quick google search. Now I believe a good chunk of us on this forum have experienced or know someone who have experienced this feeling, I feel this quite frequently myself. Now I like to believe that it is actually us unconsciously shifting world-lines. I don't have any reason to believe this except for one thing that happens to me multiple times a day, I find myself in certain situations and start to have visions of typically violent things occurring before me in great detail. It's before the visions that I get a heavy feeling of Deja Vu. I believe that, for some unknown reason, I am getting glimpses at world-lines I have been to before, but I have no recollection of me being there. So here is an idea, The mind is capable of forced world-line shifting but due to the amount of mental strain it can cause it wipes unnecessary memories so that it can correlate with Novikov's Self-Consistency Principle and keep your mind from melting from the strain. So a way to traverse world-lines without losing memory would be to create a machine that is connected to the mind and can reduce the strain put on the mind by this shift.
Again this is just me rambling nonsensically because I find the subject very interesting.
Sincerely, Me
-El Psy Kongroo

Last edited:

Peaceseeker

i can't remember where, but i said nearly the same thing bout dejavu, so basically, i agree with what you said.

well done.

samzeman

It should go without saying that if you start being worried by seeing violent visions and getting powerful, disruptive deja-vu, you might want to see a mental professional, but I do agree that deja vu feels like more than just a random quirk of the mind. A few times I've felt it so strongly I'm almost entirely certain that I had seen the future in a dream but then forgotten about it, and only remembered because it happened in reality.

I've sometimes written down when I get a few disjunct concepts popping into my head with any kind of force, but so far, I've either lost all the written-down concepts or not written down the right ones. or I forget what they are before I have access to paper or my phone.

Jikan Yugami

It should go without saying that if you start being worried by seeing violent visions and getting powerful, disruptive deja-vu, you might want to see a mental professional, but I do agree that deja vu feels like more than just a random quirk of the mind. A few times I've felt it so strongly I'm almost entirely certain that I had seen the future in a dream but then forgotten about it, and only remembered because it happened in reality.

I've sometimes written down when I get a few disjunct concepts popping into my head with any kind of force, but so far, I've either lost all the written-down concepts or not written down the right ones. or I forget what they are before I have access to paper or my phone.
Hmmm interesting you mention that. I used to do that when I was younger, but after my initial sparked interest in time travel about 2 and a half years ago I began looking for that book of memories. I managed to find it luckily, but when I read through it none of it matched up with the way I remember them occurring.
For example: In my memory, the biggest experience of Deja Vu I had was around age ten and I was being taken home from school because I was sick. Although my mom was the one taking me home, whom I didn't live with at the time due to her living on the other side of town. She was taking me to where she lived at the time and I had never visited before. We were crossing over a large overpass that had a swampy lake below it. We were driving beside a Wal-mart semi-truck, and I get hit with Deja Vu and feel like I have been on this overpass which had only been finished about half a year prior to us crossing it. When we finally arrived at her house I decided to write it down.
Now we come back to 2.5 years ago when I start going through all my old notebooks and I turn to this record and it is all wrong. In the notebook it says that I was no longer sick on the car ride across town and that instead of a semi-truck there was a, and I quote, "A really old Chevy pickup truck". What's even more bizarre is that in the notes I wrote about it like I lived in that house at the time.
I'm not sure why my memories are at odds with reality, but my guess is I shifted world-lines due to my sickness.

samzeman

It might be scary to consider... but it is also entirely possible our brains are very unreliable, and our memories can change based on seemingly random and unrelated stuff. That's the way I see it. It's like how you can keep telling a story and it changes as you exaggerate and change it without even noticing, so that it is more fun to tell. If you ever hear two drunk people trying to tell the same story from more than 10 years ago, you'll notice they disagree about all kinds of weird minor factors.

Jikan Yugami

It might be scary to consider... but it is also entirely possible our brains are very unreliable, and our memories can change based on seemingly random and unrelated stuff. That's the way I see it. It's like how you can keep telling a story and it changes as you exaggerate and change it without even noticing, so that it is more fun to tell. If you ever hear two drunk people trying to tell the same story from more than 10 years ago, you'll notice they disagree about all kinds of weird minor factors.
That is highly probable, but there is also the alcohol to include as a factor in that scenario.

Himalayan Hermit

I have also had infinite number of Deja Vu experiences. Some were so spot on that I swore up and down that this has happened for sure. For Parallel World believers, you could say some overlap of electric or energy or consciousnesses is happening but who knows...

19Firecrackerbaby70

I've had many of these, and at the time they happen, many times I get chills. Almost everytime it happens, it's just insignificant events or conversations, nothing extravagant.... Never thought of writing them down, after waking up, but I might try to start doing that, if I remember.