Activating Scalar

Harte

uhh, sound waves are vectors
I see you know nothing about the subject either.
Ah, well. That's to be expected, I suppose, from people that only check fringe materials when they're doing what they think is "research."

What you actually do when you do that sort of thing is "research" what idiots are saying on the internet, a practically infinite pastime. However, I'm sure your "research" is more directed - meaning what you're doing is really just confirmation bias.

Harte

NaturalPhilosopher

Ah, well. That's to be expected, I suppose, from people that only check fringe materials when they're doing what they think is "research."

What you actually do when you do that sort of thing is "research" what idiots are saying on the internet, a practically infinite pastime. However, I'm sure your "research" is more directed - meaning what you're doing is really just confirmation bias.

Harte
it'll be alright bud

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
You have a profound misunderstanding of scalar waves.
A scalar wave is a wave with no vector component.
Sound waves are one example of scalar waves.

Harte

All wave phenomena in our universe are defined by vectors. If a scalar quantity starts to change or starts waving, it is no longer a scalar quantity. Once the wave process is observed, it is defined as a vector quantity. Only vector quantifies can be waves. A scalar wave is completely meaningless. Sound waves are defined as longitudinal waves.

If your claim of teaching high school physics is true, then I'm quite sure you would know this.

Harte

Sound waves, water waves, etc. are ALL scalar waves.
Why is it you people can't simply look this up if you think I'm wrong here?

Harte

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Sound waves, water waves, etc. are ALL scalar waves.
Why is it you people can't simply look this up if you think I'm wrong here?

Harte

I disagree. The word scalar is inaccurately applied in your description.

The definitions of vector and scalar have not changed. But your use of the word scalar is incorrect.

Vector

Scalar

Mayhem

Zenith

Harte

Pot calling the kettle black, re your supposed knowledge on Egypt, Dont make me laugh.

What your credentials on Egypt ? NONE. Just parrotting.

TimeFlipper

Pot calling the kettle black, re your supposed knowledge on Egypt, Dont make me laugh.

Blimey, i must visit Specsavers immediately :geek:..
For the life of me, I cannot see anything on Harteys posting with Egypt written on it...Maybe my old friend got confused somehow :oops: :LOL:..

Mayhem

Zenith
Blimey, i must visit Specsavers immediately :geek:..
For the life of me, I cannot see anything on Harteys posting with Egypt written on it...Maybe my old friend got confused somehow :oops::LOL:..

Not here but other areas hes spoken of it , in which i have never forgotten.

As always hes entitled to his own opinion:)

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Not here but other areas hes spoken of it , in which i have never forgotten.

As always hes entitled to his own opinion:)

Just admit it my old friend, you went completely OFF topic on the posting you were quoting...Hold out ya hand for a quick slap!! :eek: :LOL:..

10510OUCH :LOL:..

Harte

Excuse me?
Is this a thread about Egypt?
Here we go, and actual mod derailing a thread.

What's your credentials on Physics?
Do YOU know anything about Egypt?
I ask because you've never exhibited knowledge on either subject.

I k now enough about both to run circles around you, that's for certain.

Harte