Alien contact in next 20 years

Zoomerz

Re: Alien contact in next 20 years

Z,
Don't waste time on the Annanaki. I've looked into that, there's nothing there.
Thanks! I won't bother then!

Z,
I agree that trying to guess what was meant by the biblical authors can be fun, if viewed from an ET perspective. But I have just got to say this, you and several others on this board would laugh me offline if I told you I believe even half of what Fox news or CNN was broadcasting.
You do? hahahahahahahahahaha (just kiddin')

Why are you open to the possibility that what these people are saying in the Bible has any validity at all?
I haven't studied the events in the Bible enough to debunk them, that's mainly why. I have read it several times, but never cross-referenced the way you have.

To tell the truth, my ideas on man's creation (and ET's involvement) came primarily from 3 prevailing thoughts. First and foremost, the probability that other intelligent life exists in the universe (Amir Aczel's theorem), secondly the persistent and undeniable reports of UFO activity around the world that paint a fairly consistent picture of advanced intelligence that has knowledge of us, and thirdly, our own inability to account for our own "leap" from primate to the self-realized, intellectually advanced beings we are today. In that, we are unique on this planet.

So, in regards to whether or not bible folklore is true, or partially true, I really don't care that much. If it has any truth to it at all, I can at least say that it's not inconsistent with my thoughts. That is, it doesn't prove or disprove my perceptions.

So I had no problem "extending" his list of biblical events, and I do think I mentioned once "if any of the stories are true", because you're right, it's fun to do so. It really doesn't matter if they're found to be false. My intention was never to prove or disprove the bible, but to disprove my own ideas if possible. The bible, true or false, doesn't do that.[/QUOTE]

I know you are aware that the writing of the events post dates the supposed events by in some cases thousands of years.
Actually, NO, I didn't know that, or lets just say I've never followed up on the proofs. Throw me a couple o bones here, wud ya? I'd like to do some homework if you can point me in the right direction!

Sure, it's fun but we could just as easily speculate that aliens removed the WMD's from Iraq.
Ssssssssssh! Bubbu's listening....We need that thread like a hole in the head!

As far as I can tell, in either case you should take the position that some propaganda has been swallowed hook, line and sinker.
No argument by me on this one. I am every bit as skeptical as you, with a fraction of the knowledge. I'm even skeptical of my own ideas, and constantly look to modify or disgard them completely. I've just been unable to do so.

No offense. It's just that so many of you are so cynical in some threads but seem so naive in others.
Perhaps. Or maybe (as I stated above), we're not always armed with the information we need to discredit an idea. At least that's usually the reason I don't. I think my sense of logic is fairly good, but sometimes that's not enough without investing time to research. Time that I don't always have.

PS, I'm one of those that tends to believe a lot of what I read and a lot of the news that you would say i am spoon-fed by Big Brother, but even I ain't fallin for this one. H
Really? you do? hahahahahahahahaha (just kiddin'!)

oh, and Bubbu, I luv ya man.....You know I was kiddin' right?

Z-

StarLord

That is wise of you Zoomerz, to go out of your way to disprove what you regard as valid. Very wise indeed.

Zoomerz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
That is ?wise of you Zoomerz, ?to go out of your way to disprove what you regard as valid. Very wise indeed.[/b]
It's easy to find data that will support just about any hypothesis. If we would spend as much time trying to disprove what we think is true, we would probably find out that less than half actually is.

My signature citation by Wallis is something I truly *believe*.

Z-

deepthought

Message to Zoomerz, Read section on Babel Fish from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy,
Starlord will help you out there.

Message to Harte. Read Lawrence Gardiner, Bloodline of the Holy Grail and Genesis of the Grail Kings. Doesn't say no God, or Bible is rubbish, but fills in the gaps. There is much to say for Anunnaki so don't dismiss them out of hand

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Harte\")</div>
I know you are aware that the writing of the events post dates the supposed events by in some cases thousands of years. [/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Zoomerz\")</div>
..Actually, NO, I didn't know that, or lets just say I've never followed up on the proofs. Throw me a couple o bones here, wud ya? I'd like to do some homework if you can point me in the right direction!...
Z- [/b]

Z,
There is the trivial example. The first 4 (I think) books of the bible are generally attributed to Moses. Moses (if he existed) lived in a known time period because of the pharoah mentioned in his exodus story. Yet Moses wrote about Cain and Abel, Adam and Eve, the creation, methuselah, etc.

I will get more on this for you to mull over, possibly tomorrow, with links for your perusal.

As far at ET fooling with our DNA, I'll concede it's possible as long as nobody tries to tell me that we are ET-Earth hybrids. Our DNA is so like every other creature here that I cannot accept that.

To Deepthought,

There is much to say about the Cheshire cat also.

Harte

Zoomerz

H;

I will get more on this for you to mull over, possibly tomorrow, with links for your perusal.
Thank you sir.

As far at ET fooling with our DNA, I'll conede it's possible as long as nobody tries to tell me that we are ET-Earth hybrids. Our DNA is so like every other creature here that I cannot accept that.
Why is it impossible that we are ET-Earth hybrids. I'm not saying we are, as I have no evidence of it, but if I'm hearing you correctly, you're saying it's not possible that ET could have a similar (or even compatible) biology. While I wouldn't presume that either, I can't discount the possibility.

It does seem more reasonable to me that our own dna might have been manipulated rather then combined, but that's just a guess.

Z-

StarLord

Harte,

I am surprised at you my friend, you have an a mixed terarium and aquarium, there is some good evidence that DNA was manipulated in there and then you say that only a portion of the senario is valid?

You forgot about the possibility that ET seeded this planet in the very beginning with what we know as our own DNA and then showed back up when the right conditions were set for the next upgrade with consciousness in mind.

How often do we see this on new computer systems that have the ability for upgrades to be installed?

deepthought

Moses was the grandson of Tutankhamun.
Human DNA is fundamentally different and is not directly descended from other more primitive life forms on this planet. This has been proven but is generally kept quiet. Scientists do not generally rock the boat because their funding depends on them toeing the line. Why do you thing science graduates always write the same papers for their doctorates?

StarLord

My bet was that was the only thing available from Cliff Notes on the subject?
Triple spaced they make for awesome looking disertations absentia.

Hmmm we will have to wait to see what our Eastern Block compatriot has to say about the DNA issue. Although that sounds just like our education system and some promising young fellow looking for tenure someplace wishing to be published.....

Seriously though Deepthought, something like this should have come out of any one of the eastern block universities in the last 20 years as their equipment has been catching up, or ours going to them??